• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Fly and Surf animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I didn't see any threads of this yet so i decided to make this one. So as we all know, in previous generations, the fly and surf animations have been evolving since gen 1. So my question is Do you think that the Fly and/or surf animation will improve in X and Y(like actually show the pokemon using the move)? Or be the same as BW/B2W2? Would it be to much work for GF right now? What are your thoughts on this?

I think it would be a great improvement if they showed you mounting the actual pokemon and having that pokemon Fly/Surf away.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Taking advantage of the 3D models so they can show the actual Pokemon using the move instead of a default bird/whale blob would be awesome, and probably not that hard... though the smaller critters would probably look funny, wobbling around with a human on their back.

I'd like to see the Pokemon actually doing something for the other field moves, too.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It'd be cool to see the individual Pokemon using moves rather than the default animations and such.

But, I know it's possible to hack illegitimate moves onto a Pokemon so would that cause problems...? I know nothing about hacking or coding so maybe someone could enlighten me.

I kind of want to see a game where they utilize a bunch of field effects, like reintroducing Headbutt and Flash (as a TM) while minimizing the amount of HMs. I think it was HGSS that had 8 HMs? The ONLY HM move that I like is Surf, I hate the rest with a passion.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well, they didn't have defined sprites in HG/SS even though every Pokemon had special overworld sprites. I think they'll use default/generic looks again.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yep I agree with Xander, as much as I'd like to disagree. Just too much work for too little gain. And Azalea, since this game is on the 3DS it is going to be a challenge and kinda pointless to hack it, since there are no emulators to play 3DS games on because it's hard to crack.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Most of the reasons why Game Freak didn't show the Pokémon using Fly or Surf... is due to the graphical limitations of the hardware, and even the Nintendo DS itself didn't have enough in the way of space to do this kind of thing.

We probably will see a change in this at long last, it would be great to see your own Pokémon actually using the move, such as the player getting onto the Pokémon rather than the character getting onto some shadowy figure. It would be really nice to actually also see the player get onto the Pokémon while flying into the air, it would be amazing... showing the detail of the animation. ^^

I do believe it would improve in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I really hope it does! ^^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
There is already a discussion about whether the Surf animation will be changed in the Surfing thread. There is also already discussion about the the Fly animation in the HM thread. Because of that, I'm gonna close this now. Thanks.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back