• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 12, 2015
About when can we expect the next pokemon game to be released? Im skipping oras. And im a little late to the party for x and y. A quick check on the wiki page seems to suggest one a year. Starting with black and white. So is a late december release for japan and an early 2016 release for the west feasible?

Years
We kind of already have a thread for this...

But since you ask, i'm honestly thinking they might release the next game in spring 2016 for a change, as opposed to it coming later in the year. If they do another worldwide release and have it be a surprise announcement like ORAS was, then it won't be much different. Although B2W2 were announced in very early 2012, those weren't worldwide releases, so...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We do have Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion and Gen VII Speculation and Discussion, but since our thread here isn't straightforwardly pointed to those topics, I believe we could have this co-exist.

As for what we could expect them to have in their next game release, it'll likely be related to X and Y, I believe, in some shape or form. Personally, I would want them to put together a third-installment for those games, if possible, instead of creating a sequel.

The last time they have tried their hand on a main-series sequel, which was with Black 2 and White 2, things didn't exactly seem to work in their favor, as many fans have claimed those releases to be more of a rehash of original Black and White rather than continuation; if they're unable to put more effort than they had previously, they will likely have to go through the same situation.

blue

gucci
Years
It will either probably be a Kanto Remake, or a counterpart/sequel game to Pokemon X & Y. I think the second option is the more likely outcome considering there are a few loose ends with X & Y.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It will either probably be a Kanto Remake, or a counterpart/sequel game to Pokemon X & Y. I think the second option is the more likely outcome considering there are a few loose ends with X & Y.
I agree with the latter being (imo) the more likely option. XY sure could use with some more polish after all in areas. Kanto remake would be surprising imo.

It'd either be a late 2015 release, or early-mid 2016 as well. Pokemon games of late have come out every year, but at times there have been years without a main Pokemon game release in them (e.g. between BW and B2W2, iirc).

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The next Pokemon game is going to be a Kanto remake for the 2/3DS. I hope.

YES, I said "I hope". Maybe you're asking why? (If you know me) Well, I hope that because I think that "Z" it's going to be a great game. But it's going to take time to make it really good.

On the other side, A Kanto remake it's easier to make.

I don't understand why so many ppl are into Kanto remakes.. We already got to go back to Kanto in HGSS. In addition to that, I think that that region is quite boring, with number limited of pokemon found there.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I can understand people wanting it, but I don't understand why it's easier to make than a Z. Kanto would not exist in 3DS graphics; Kalos does. That's a huge step towards finishing a hypothetical Z game before a Kanto one. Adding in a new story isn't that hard to do, especially if it ends up the same 'quality' as XY's as well.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Please no not Kanto remakes. You have FRLG, play that. Give me sequels instead. Original story of RB was horrible, region is boring and overall problems. And X and Y had so many nods towards the first gen, they kind of already gave love to Gen I.

I don't expect a new game this year already. I do think we'll get some teasers and hints for a third game in Kalos in November/December. Eveventual release could be in April/May.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 12, 2015
Oops. Im out of touch with the pokemon games. Im assuming the next gen is gen 7 based on the replies. I actually did a bit of looking around to see announcement dates and releases. I was guessing a late holiday season early 2016 release myself instead of a yearly release.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Pokémon Z that plays like HGSS, maybe?

Work through Kalos with a vastly expanded storyline then go through Kanto

blue

gucci
Years
It would be interesting to see the two regions of Kalos and Hoenn together in one game, maybe as some sort of crossover sequel. That would be something that's never been done before, and it would be a good way to connect the games with eachother.

Pokemon Alpha X and Omega Y... 8)

Years
Yeah, I never thought of it like that. We've already had the Johto games which featured Johto and Kanto, but here the games have so much alike, and in the Delta Episode we have talk about the war from XY. But since Masuda has confirmed there wouldn't be real sequels to XY then this is probably the next best thing we'd end up with, if it were to happen. There was also the Battle Frontier teaser...

Back