• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Turn up the bass! ~ Music Listeners Club

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Mainstream fans only like Imagine Dragons because Radioactive or It's Time appeared on the charts, and that's it. The rest of their music is underrated. People need to dive a little deeper to discover them.

A lot of people and this is me too sometimes find 1 or 2 songs they like from an artist lsiten to them and then theyre done they dont go any farther i found them with radioactive but the other 2 i like as well and theres a couple others im blanking on i think people just need to look into their songs more it doesnt always have to be popular to be a good song :)

Years
Ah yes, Radioactive was one of THE biggest songs of 2013 (#3 on the Year-End chart that year). Most of their singles from Night Visions were quite good, and while some of them kinda run off of overused concepts, they work because Dan Reynolds (lead singer) has a lot of passion and personality in his voice. From what I read, Radioactive held a record of having the longest stand in the Hot 100 (also making #57 on 2014's Year-End chart, too).

Years
May I join? :3

Username: SkorXX
Favorite Music Genres: Pop, Rap, Country and Heavy Metal!
Your Current Favorite Song: 'Up' by Olly Murs and Demi Lovato <3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hey guys! What do you guys think of AM/FM Radio being less used these days as people are turning to Internet Radio or Satellite Radio?

May I join? :3

Username: SkorXX
Favorite Music Genres: Pop, Rap, Country and Heavy Metal!
Your Current Favorite Song: 'Up' by Olly Murs and Demi Lovato <3

Yay, another country fan! What country artists do you like? :D

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
I think AM/FM radio - provided you're in range of a decent station - is good to listen to given the fact that you don't have to pay for it. But satellite radio is so much better and there's so much good music that you don't find on local stations.

Years
I don't have much of a chance to listen to radio nowadays, except when i'm going to work or going out with my parents, but I know some of my folks have Pandora and look for radio stations. There are some that certain people might like, although I haven't looked for an online station or something I could tune to if I wanted. We usually have modern radio when i'm out with my folks, but when i'm home I too listen to what I prefer.

Jayce

x-kid
Years
Hello! ♪ May I join?

Username: Jayce
Favorite Music Genres: I like a variety of music, but primarily rock. According to Spotify my most-played genre is "indie rock".
Your Current Favorite Song: "Suck It and See" - Arctic Monkeys

Years
I don't listen to radio all that often, as I can stick my phone into my car. My phone has 100% music that I love, while the radio has pretty much nothing that I like at all. So I do that.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't listen to radio much unless I'm in the car. My mom is very choosy when it comes to music though. She has this thing where she rules over what plays on the radio. -_- So, I often have my phone playing music with headphones.

omg I haven't posted here in ages.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Years
hello ! May i join too ?

Username: Mayyumi
Favorite Music Genres: anime music, kpop, rnb , music from (philippines) too XD
Your Current Favorite Song: sakura kissu(ouran highschool club) and igottayouboy(girls generation)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I apologize for the lateness but welcome to those that joined. <3

To return to the old topic, I agree that you don't have to pay for AM/FM radio, but then you have the ads...something satellite radio doesn't have. The radio stations here in my area are just awful, you have 2 songs playing and BOOM 15 minutes of commercials/ads. They don't even play that much music anymore. Just ads. It's what tuned me off from the radio altogether. It also depends on the area in which you people live in. We don't have a lot of decent stations here. Big cities tend to have a much wider variety.

Since a lot of you have responded that you listen to music from your phone, I'll admit that I do the same as well. haha.

hello ! May i join too ?

Username: Mayyumi
Favorite Music Genres: anime music, kpop, rnb , music from (philippines) too XD
Your Current Favorite Song: sakura kissu(ouran highschool club) and igottayouboy(girls generation)

I'd let you join but you're missing one thing on your sign-up! Read the OP on what you're missing.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Years
I apologize for the lateness but welcome to those that joined. <3

To return to the old topic, I agree that you don't have to pay for AM/FM radio, but then you have the ads...something satellite radio doesn't have. The radio stations here in my area are just awful, you have 2 songs playing and BOOM 15 minutes of commercials/ads. They don't even play that much music anymore. Just ads. It's what tuned me off from the radio altogether. It also depends on the area in which you people live in. We don't have a lot of decent stations here. Big cities tend to have a much wider variety.

Since a lot of you have responded that you listen to music from your phone, I'll admit that I do the same as well. haha.

I'd let you join but you're missing one thing on your sign-up! Read the OP on what you're missing.

Yea, i know what ive forgot this ♪ im sorry XD .. ♪ the music is nice and help to recover ♪

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
What do you guys think of AM/FM Radio being less used these days as people are turning to Internet Radio or Satellite Radio?
I listen to internet radio like pandora when im at home but i still use the am/fm radio when im in the car usually listening to 98.5 102.5 and uhh 95. Or 96.1 haha
In the house though idk anyone that has a radio in the home that uses it if i have. Party and i need that gigantic radio i own i no longer haul it up from the basement just plug the speaker into my ipad now :3 although i do wake up to whatever is on 98.5 atm :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Although it's something I hardly use, but my mom does...she uses both iHeartRadio and TuneInRadio, to connect to radio stations from all over the world without dealing with any bsssszzzzzzzszsszszsxzsdfghjk kind of thing you hear when you get interference, albeit it can get laggy. But I was able to discover some country stations from outside my area. They are almost nothing here.

Anyways, I was able to think of another topic for here! When I was at best buy the other day (bought a Chromecast. oops) and I noticed that the music section of the store has been minimized to only one section. When a year ago or so there were just...more than that. It goes to show that the digital music industry like iTunes and Amazon are doing much success than physical CDs.

What does everyone think of this decline of music CD's and the majority of the music being available digitally? Do you still prefer CDs, digital music, or both? Why?

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
I like CD's. I like to have the music in some kind of physical form and I like to be able to play it on any device rather than just my computer and my iPod. I like actually being able to handle a disc rather that just tapping things on a screen to get it to play, and I like the general feeling that the disc I'm holding in my hand is the thing that I bought that has the music on it.

Years
What does everyone think of this decline of music CD's and the majority of the music being available digitally? Do you still prefer CDs, digital music, or both? Why?
Nowadays I prefer digital downloads on iTunes, but if there's an album that I see in the stores and it strikes my interest right away, it's one i'll pick up. I did ask for - and get - Taylor Swift's 1989 album for Christmas a week and a half ago, and last Christmas (2013) I got Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP 2. The former was one I didn't really feel like spending my own money on but it did interest me, and the latter was one I hadn't thought about spending my money on but I did receive it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I believe one reason behind their decline is portability, so to speak.

When carrying music CDs, we're kind of limited to how much we could take and whatnot. For example, if we have a CD player, we would be required to use discs, but when going outside with them, we likely wouldn't have enough space to store CDs in our handbag, backpack, or anything else we might be having with us if there are other items in there. Not sure if I'm making much sense here, but I hope I am!

Digitally, however, we don't have to face issues like this. All we would have to worry about is how much memory we have in our device, but aside from that, it truly makes things a lot convenient. If we have some sort of radio software downloaded, such as either Spotify or Last.fm, then that's even better, as we wouldn't have to be dealing with memory space or anything of the like (we might need to be subscribed to some data plan for this while on phone, but this is not an issue if there's wi-fi available).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh yeah, that makes sense. CD players are becoming pretty obsolete (and they are slowly getting to the point that they're...considered ancient now), because now we have to rely on iPods, MP3's and any digital device. But then like, I also wanna keep my CD just in case I lose my digital stuff and I can just rip the CD in my computer to conserve my music.

As much as I do prefer my iTunes music, it's also nice to keep an album of music.

Years
That is kind of true, I can get where you're coming from with that. We have a big collection of older CDs in the basement at my parents' house, and some in the TV room where I reside when i'm staying there. But still, usually it's more convenient to order things on iTunes whenever. (Not helped by the fact that CDs have those stupid sticker seals that you have to take off of them...)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I am definitely on digital's side. I do like to be able to physically see and touch my music collection, but then I really don't care, because if I was going to do that then I'd have to actually go out and buy all of my music. I don't know about you but I haven't won the lottery lately.

Back