• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Favorite GBA hack game!! ? (your opinion)

Brettb0816

~Brett~
Years
Ruby Destiny Series, Pokemon Reborn, Pokemon Snakewood, Pokemon Skyline, Pokemon Fuligin, Pokemon Zeta/Omicron, Pokemon Glazed, And Pokemon Adventures: Red Chapter to name some of my favorites:)

ZapdosMan

The Principality
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Pokemon glazed,Light Platinum, victory fire, resolute,dark rising 1 and 2, adventure red and a million more xD

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
1) Liquid Crystal
2) Glazed
3) Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter
4) Pokemon Hoenn Adventure (A spanish Ruby Remake, the first beta was pretty cool and with the new updates, the next one will be amazing, i'm sure)

Cya~

GalladedOlive

Former Pokémon ROM Hacker/Video Editor
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
Mine is probably Pokémon Sweet Version, because after playing through the game, I wanted to see more from that Hack. The type chart was so helpful paired with the Fakedex, because I could've gotten super frustrated if I didn't have that on me. Overall, it's a good hack, & it's probably one of my favorite hacks to date.

AliasLeakings

Mystery Expert
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 2, 2015
I recommend Pokémon Glazed; it has nice graphics, a well-designed storyline and good humour. Also note that it won Hack of the Year 2014.

As for replayability, I recommend Pokémon Oak's Back-up. As it has a short main story, you won't mind restarting the game to re-enjoy the story and visit the areas you skipped earlier. Also note that it won PokéCommunity's first Team Hack-off.

Years
For me it is pokemone Glazed as well. Really well done, with a nice plot IMO and having a brand new area to discover... props to the author!
I also appreciate Light Platinium, really good one

My favorite tho is Pokemon Uranium, not really a rom but close to a whole brand new pokemon game, new pokemon ,new region, new plot... I'm loving it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Favorite Rom hack?

What is your favourite rom hack? mine is victory fire

RidingAWalrus

I have a Walrien on every team <3 including my com
Years
I just completed the most recent Pokemon Cyan beta and I highly recommend it, however if you are new to hacks you should play Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon Flora Sky, the Ruby Destiny series, and Pokemon Ash Gray!!!

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
I like playing the simpler hacks, so anytime there is a 386 hack that'll do it for me usually.

Lately however, a new hack has got my attention: Pokemon Emerald Omega. Good hack. Aside from that one, Light Platinum is good as many people have said before me (although the storyline is lacking IMO).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
I really like crystaldust. Its a game that they should have released when GBA was popular imo.

other than that , ashgrey, the adventures series, florasky i liked a lot.

shamwowza

A really great white snake
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
Pokemon X and Y naturia was phenomenal and had a surprisingly small amount of bugs for a test hack, and a gbc hack at that.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 25, 2015
I have played a lot of pokemon hacks but the games i liked the most were
-dark rising 1/2 both games where very hard and requires a lot of training which some people might hate but i don't mind ;p, the story line is very good and catchy and the mapping is awesome to!
-ruby destiny series, the story line was amazing only the graphics weren't great and i dont like fakemon but also after the main story line you have a sort of post story line which is pretty nice if you like a lot of gametime
-glazed, the story line was good and it kept you playing, graphics were good mapping to, only i struggled with some bugs but i think it had been fixed👍
-light platinum the story line was very good and definitly one of the best rom hacks ever made but the game was by faaaaaaaaaaar to easy with almost no training you could still beat everything very easy so i hope that it will be harder in the ds version
-snakewood the main thing is about zombies which i actually hate but this game just kept me playing because i wanted to know what happened and the game was pretty hard so it was a good game but the end was lame and that was disapointing
-resolute, absolutly one of the best ron hacks i have ever played, the graphics great story line pretty good mapping good the only thing was that it was kinda easy (i am not that far but it isn't hard)
-flora sky was pretty good but not amazing it took a while before it got me playing the game with the feeling that i wanted to know what happened

Overall i liked the dark rising games the most the story line was just amazing mapping great and darugis is the only fakemon i ever liked also because you didn't know what it was is different and actually more fun, this is a must play hack :D

(Sorry for the bad english)

Ice Darkrai

Ice type only
Years
Enjoyed playing ruby destiny, whichever the one is that is on cydia.
I started glazed but I'm looking for a game that has trading and link battles for replayability.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Ash Gray for its amazing scripting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 16, 2015
Out of all the hacks I have played, the DARK RISING series is the best. The story is going on far good. Waiting for part 3.
Other favorites are Ruby destiny series, light platinum, glazed, ash gray etc.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Out of all the hacks I have played, the DARK RISING series is the best. The story is going on far good. Waiting for part 3.
Other favorites are Ruby destiny series, light platinum, glazed, ash gray etc.

I've never played Dark Rising. Might try it out though!

Back