• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TamaTurtle

Call me Flamin' B
Years
G-Money:
There are a few things that helped me in my quest:
1. I have agoraphobia so I have no job.
2. I am an insomniac so I have a lot of time on my hands.
3. I am lucky.

I spent an average of 12 hours every day for three months before my luck kicked in. I hear it takes FOREVER to hatch one shiny, so luck is a very important thing to have.

Don't get discouraged. If you really want one then it will happen. Good luck!

P.S. check each hatch summary. The Manaphy doesn't appear shiny when it hatches so you have to check each one.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
It's actually my 69th 1/8192 shiny; my shiny Lucario and Shroomish are Masuda shinies. And considering I've been shiny hunting consistently for over five years now, I don't think my number of shinies is particularly high; there are people who have hunted for less time than I have and have more shinies than I have!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
G-Money:
There are a few things that helped me in my quest:
1. I have agoraphobia so I have no job.
2. I am an insomniac so I have a lot of time on my hands.
3. I am lucky.

I spent an average of 12 hours every day for three months before my luck kicked in. I hear it takes FOREVER to hatch one shiny, so luck is a very important thing to have.

Don't get discouraged. If you really want one then it will happen. Good luck!

P.S. check each hatch summary. The Manaphy doesn't appear shiny when it hatches so you have to check each one.

Thanks for the tips! Your hard work paid off, and you get massive bragging rights for having the rarest shiny of all time. I don't have quite that much time, but there's always the chance that I could get it on one of the first couple of hatches, "lol."

It's kind of funny - I make a post about getting the best shiny hunters in the world to join the club, and out of nowhere the legendary shiny Manaphy owner appears, "lol." That's incredible dedication to hunt for ~1116 hours in three months, and you've earned the respect and awe of shiny hunters everywhere. :)

It's actually my 69th 1/8192 shiny; my shiny Lucario and Shroomish are Masuda shinies. And considering I've been shiny hunting consistently for over five years now, I don't think my number of shinies is particularly high; there are people who have hunted for less time than I have and have more shinies than I have!

Oh, excuse me. You only have 69 shinies, my bad. :cer_laugh: Still, even severe shiny inflation doesn't account for that many, and the MMing and chaining outbreaks don't apply to you. I think it's more from you just being an awesome shiny hunter. :)

If you think that your shiny total is low... I'm not even sure how to respond to that, "lol." Sure, there might be some people with more, but I'd be willing to bet you have more than every active member in the club combined (and MetalMario accounts for over 4/7ths of that!!).

Enjoy it while you can, since I'm going to pass you pretty soon! :P *only 53 more shinies to tie*

EDIT: When is the shininess of the roaming Johto beasts determined? Is it when you release them or when you first encounter them?

Last edited:

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
Thanks for the tips! Your hard work paid off, and you get massive bragging rights for having the rarest shiny of all time. I don't have quite that much time, but there's always the chance that I could get it on one of the first couple of hatches, "lol."

It's kind of funny - I make a post about getting the best shiny hunters in the world to join the club, and out of nowhere the legendary shiny Manaphy owner appears, "lol." That's incredible dedication to hunt for ~1116 hours in three months, and you've earned the respect and awe of shiny hunters everywhere.
Legendary huh? Cool. I married a legend. Hehe...I have his manaphy. It is mine now. Muah hahaha!!! He cant ever leave me....I will never give it back! j/k

TamaTurtle

Call me Flamin' B
Years

It's kind of funny - I make a post about getting the best shiny hunters in the world to join the club, and out of nowhere the legendary shiny Manaphy owner appears, "lol." That's incredible dedication to hunt for ~1116 hours in three months, and you've earned the respect and awe of shiny hunters everywhere. :)

Lol. I wouldn't say I am legendary. I only hunt Shiny legendaries though. I have not the patience for the masuda method that PinkPirate finds so relaxing. At least with Legendaries I can battle them before restarting.

Speaking of Shiny Hunting, I was thinking of going for Lugia in SS next.

BTW PinkPirate....I will get my Manaphy back. Also, I will never leave you, and not because you have my Luck (the name of said Manaphy.)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Hello all... I just wanted to say that... no shinies so far :(

Currently I'm still thinking over whether I should restart my SS or not, so I'll start my journey with a shiny if I find one
:D (Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil.. doesn't matter)

I'm guessing I'm on about 800 eggs for one of the 4 pokes I chose. I've been having so much schoolwork that it interferes with my playing pokemon constantly. I hope I can get one soon enough
:D

And also...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
PinkPirate, you better buy a fifth gen game for your husband pretty soon. Stealing the rarest shiny ever is about the meanest thing you could do. :pink_no::pink_blankstare:

2Cool4Mewtwo, I wouldn't restart SS, but it's ultimately up to you. If I ever got a complete Pokedex, I'd never restart that game! To get an extra set of legendaries and TMs (and so I could play the game!), I ended up just getting HG instead. It costs more, but it saves so much hassle. SRing is much, much faster than egg hatching, but I couldn't give up a game that I worked so hard on. I suggest you buy HG if you don't have it, or just restart that if you do.

Great art! It looks like we have a submission to the contest! Landorus doesn't always record stuff posted in the thread, so I'd PM it to him just in case.

I probably won't go for shiny Entei/Raikou, since it seems like it would take a long time to find them on the route, and I'd have to get one on each game, and I really want to keep playing through SS, "lol." Hopefully I'll find a random shiny - I love all the Johto Pokemon! Good luck to everyone on your hunts, and congrats for (I think) setting a modern-era activity record!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
PinkPirate, you better buy a fifth gen game for your husband pretty soon. Stealing the rarest shiny ever is about the meanest thing you could do. :pink_no::pink_blankstare:

2Cool4Mewtwo, I wouldn't restart SS, but it's ultimately up to you. If I ever got a complete Pokedex, I'd never restart that game! To get an extra set of legendaries and TMs (and so I could play the game!), I ended up just getting HG instead. It costs more, but it saves so much hassle. SRing is much, much faster than egg hatching, but I couldn't give up a game that I worked so hard on. I suggest you buy HG if you don't have it, or just restart that if you do.

Great art! It looks like we have a submission to the contest! Landorus doesn't always record stuff posted in the thread, so I'd PM it to him just in case.

I probably won't go for shiny Entei/Raikou, since it seems like it would take a long time to find them on the route, and I'd have to get one on each game, and I really want to keep playing through SS, "lol." Hopefully I'll find a random shiny - I love all the Johto Pokemon! Good luck to everyone on your hunts, and congrats for (I think) setting a modern-era activity record!
Maybe I should buy HG if I have more cash to splash around (currently have several hundred $$s atm and I don't know what do do with it) I was thinking of resetting SS, but I might change my mind.

As for the artwork, it's not mine :\ (if you wanted to know it's the dream world artwork). Though I changed the colors myself using photoshop :P

And I actually already have all the three shiny beasts, but those don't count because they were event-only (Crown Beasts)... I haven't done anything to them since I got them and I probably never do anything interesting with it anyways.. might trade them with my friends later but for now I'm not doing anything with it. It'll probably take ages to actually find them as shiny in the wild, though there always is 1/4096 chance for either one of those, 1 in 4096 kids must surely have them? :laugh:

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
*drumroll*

MANAPHY!!

Yup, I'm going after the rarest shiny of them all. I've done three so far! Each one takes a really long time, "lol." I'm content with getting two shinies this week, so this is a good time to start a hunt that's probably going to last years.
Hey, I thought I should share this in case you didn't know about it, it'll save you lots of time. If you did, pardon me, bahaha.

Bulbapedia said:
It is nearly impossible to get a Shiny Manaphy. Most Mystery Gifted Pokémon are coded so that if the personality value generated for the Pokémon is one that would make it Shiny under the Trainer it is given to, the personality value is regenerated until it ends up not Shiny. However, transferring in a Manaphy egg via Mystery Gift will only cause the egg's generated value to be checked against the current Trainer ID and Secret ID. Thus, on trading to another game, with a different Trainer ID and secret ID, the Manaphy has a chance at hatching Shiny

So basically, you'd need to receive the Manaphy in one game and then hatch it in another, or else it'll never be shiny.

Also, summer has officially began for me, so this means... lots of time for shiny hunting! :3

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Thanks G- Money, all I can say to Latios Master is Good luck and never give up.. I'm sure you'll have your shiny litwick real soon..

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks G- Money, all I can say to Latios Master is Good luck and never give up.. I'm sure you'll have your shiny litwick real soon..

Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm up to 762 Litwicks. I hatched another one that had perfect IVs in Sp. Atk and Sp. Def, and this time it was with a Timid nature and the Flash Fire ability.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
So far, I'm at 6301 REs for my Secret hunt. I also decided to SR for a Sudowoodo, but I don't count the SRs for that. Good luck to everyone especially G-Money with his Manaphy hunt!

ShinyDoug

Lastest Shiny FTW!!!
Years
Time for an update. I don't update often, but that's due to my changing hunts often. I don't think it's neccisary to update on a hunt liable to end in days.

Rufflet: 240, 30 Boxed
Community Hunt of the Week: 0, may not do this one
Dreamyard: Ended at 900. Not motivated
Johto Starters: Not counting, dualing on HG and brother's SS
Hoenn Starters: Not counting, paused

I don't update, but I do read. Congrats on all new shinies!

Happy Hunting!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I got my hands on a female DW Eevee, so I am going to be breeding for a shiny DW nature Eevee! Wish me luck!

G-Money

Years
HG/SS spoilers:

Spoiler:

I'm still playing through SS and SRing for Drifloon from time to time. I'll get back to heavy hunting for Palkia and Manaphy once I'm done.

I forgot to say this when the 5th gen English names came out: there used to be an SHC member named Pokemunna back in 2004. His username ended up becoming a Pokemon years later, "lol."

It looks like summer is starting for more and more people, so more shinies should be coming in soon. They tend to ship in bulk. I ordered them a while ago, so the next package should be on its way. Keep your eyes out for shinies; one could be coming to your door/DS/GBA! Good luck, everyone!

I got my hands on a female DW Eevee, so I am going to be breeding for a shiny DW nature Eevee! Wish me luck!

That's awesome! Good luck, Lando!

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Nothing has shine yet, sadly. If I don't get it today, I'll have a one month drought. Wish me luck everyone!

Hunting:

Sudowoodo SS (not counting, SR)
Secret target B (7k REs)

EDIT: Planned some of my future targets.
1) Shiny Taillow MM
2) Shiny Phione MM
3) All SRable legendaries in SS + Snorlax
4) SHINY MANAPHY

Last edited:

PokeTrainer87

Playing through Black Version
Years
Update. I bought an extra black and white games and i started a duo hunt yesterday in front of pinwheel forest for a random poke. so far im around 800 RE's and im just really hoping its anything but a pidove. I would really like timburr, tympole, or even better a sawk/throh. Good luck to all you guys/girls!!

G-Money

Years
3 posts in 4 days? Whoever drives the SHC Activity Van, you're fired! I don't know why you drove off of a cliff, but now G-Money has to push the van back onto the road. :cer_blankstare:

Maybe one of us will have a shiny Manaphy in the next 20 years, pokewalker! Good luck on your hunts and remember not to hunt Manaphy too much.

Metal Electric, that's terrible! I'm really sorry to hear that, but it's better than not finding a shiny at all. At least you know that you have a shiny frame on your game, so hopefully you'll get one soon. You're a true shiny hunter for persevering.

I read on another forum a new way of shiny hunting: 1/8192 chaining. It's basically chaining, but intentionally breaking the chain after each encounter to keep the odds at 1/8192 and to keep which Pokemon appears random. The major benefit of this is to find Pokemon in D/P/Pt that only appear with the radar, but not chaining them. I'm probably not going to do it myself, but it is an interesting idea that some of you might find useful.

I'm not sure whether or not you guys know this already, but in case you don't: HG/SS has an encounter counter like B/W, although it's not as easily accessible. If you go to the machine in the Indigo Plateau, it'll tell you how many Pokemon you've encountered. I think it counts Trainer battles too, but it's a potentially useful tool for shiny hunting. All you have to do is write down how many encounters you had before starting a hunt. Go hunt your shiny, and once you've captured it, go check the machine and subtract your original number. This seems a lot easier than counting or using a calculator, and I'll probably use it to count if I ever do an HG/SS RE hunt.

1047 Palkia

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Tie me onto the top of the SHC Activity van. >:< I watched a lotta youtube videos and sorta got interested in shiny hunting again. The shiny fails (mostly fleeing Safari shinies) ripped through my heart. I'm so sorry to hear about your mistake, Metal Electric!

Good news: Shiny Tympole is so lovely! I saw a video of a wild shiny one in a double battle with a non shiny Tympole. Shiny is superior. >o<;; I'd rather have a flawless shiny Tympole but the surprise element is what makes shinies awesome. RNG abuse takes the fun out of hunting. Darn me. ;-;

Back