• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Crimson & Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
This game looks great! I like that you're using the Gen2 style. I'm not the largest fan of the starter choices, but that's more of a personal thing. Grammatical errors can be overlooked for now since English isn't your first language.

I do somewhat agree on the starters. Treecko and Totodile may be some of my favorites, but with how the lineup of pokemon one catches in the wild for the first part of the game, its pretty limited. I am in serious need of a water type for the second gym (as a grovyle alone wont cut it) and the only water types available are a Lotad (which doesn't get water type moves until it is real high level, plus I already have a grass type) and Marill froma trade (which has no use for special water moves thanks to huge power plus a low special attack stat).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
lawl ok I just won my second badge and I'm dealing with bikers on the cycle path and I see what you did with Biker Dick. The encounter line he yelled made no sense at first until he yelled out after being beat "DRAT AND DOUBLE DRAT". That is a wonderful reference to the famed Hannah-Barbara villain Dick Dastardly, well done. I personally feel however the whole joke would be better if he actually had a Mightyena nicknamed Muttly however.

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
I do somewhat agree on the starters. Treecko and Totodile may be some of my favorites, but with how the lineup of pokemon one catches in the wild for the first part of the game, its pretty limited. I am in serious need of a water type for the second gym (as a grovyle alone wont cut it) and the only water types available are a Lotad (which doesn't get water type moves until it is real high level, plus I already have a grass type) and Marill froma trade (which has no use for special water moves thanks to huge power plus a low special attack stat).

Did you try to catch a Magikarp with the Old Rod? but yeah, maybe I'd try to edit the water-type encounters in some routes for next version, I put the mayority of them in the water, but you can't catch them until later with HM05 Surf and the Good and Super Rods... (Sorry, my bad)

lawl ok I just won my second badge and I'm dealing with bikers on the cycle path and I see what you did with Biker Dick. The encounter line he yelled made no sense at first until he yelled out after being beat "DRAT AND DOUBLE DRAT". That is a wonderful reference to the famed Hannah-Barbara villain Dick Dastardly, well done. I personally feel however the whole joke would be better if he actually had a Mightyena nicknamed Muttly however.

Regional dexes are limited with Pokémon selection, so I though Koffing looked like the best option available in Paric to be a Muttley-like character because his smiling face, but now I think Poochyena would work better for next version.
5544-1630-large.jpg

COMBOY

Pokémon Crimson & Navy
Years
is it only one version for now?

Until I find a way to link between games by bluetooth or Internet... Maybe I'll ask Pokémon Zeta & Omicron's creator, northrone, for that...

This game looks great! I like that you're using the Gen2 style. I'm not the largest fan of the starter choices, but that's more of a personal thing. Grammatical errors can be overlooked for now since English isn't your first language.

That's precisely why I'm looking for an English-speaking person to help me with the English dialogs, specially for American modisms like Glenn's for example. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Hello COMBOY. Actually the creator of Zeta/Omicron is thesuzerain I believe. I see people are loving your game like I did when I finished it months ago and that's awesome to see for you. I hope you are still working on this over the time because it would be awesome to see the next version (so I can play it lol ;D) I also hope you have continued success on this game because it's awesome. Have a great night/day. :D

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
Until I find a way to link between games by bluetooth or Internet... Maybe I'll ask Pokémon Zeta & Omicron's creator, northrone, for that...

I beleive they use a server to host a gts like system as far as i know there is no way to set up anything other than that right now i already asked.

Years
I'm loving the Gen 2 style! The devamped Pokemon Sprites look really nice, excellent job! I've actually hear a lot about this game, so I think I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
this looks fun, i'll try it when i got home after work, love gen 2 style, childhood memories

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Smashing. But don't revive threads that have been inactive for more than three months.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back