• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, it was overdone. Don't have much time *right now* to write a massive tl;dr about it (maybe I will when I get back on later), but all I can say is be fair to each other and don't do it again.

Carry on~

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I don't feel that I've bunnied; I do feel that my character /was/ bunnied. I have no issues with Tenshi losing the fight, but not by unfair means.

Also, she curb-stomped him repeatedly. We're talking a woman who's heavy with condensed muscles, wearing an even heavier suit of armor made from nearly indestructible metal. Even with powers, I think anyone getting their skull kicked in like that is going to die.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, for one, I think that Mimi as the character would obviously stop once she saw he had been knocked out. That's at least how I understood her post. And secondly, to be fair, you did try to bunny her before that, with grabbing a giant woman, made of the same metal you just made a point about and tossing her to the ground :P

I do agree that the fight could've gone alot better, but if you just say he's been knocked out for an undisclosed amount of time and keep going, it'll all be fine. The fight's already happened, so there's no need to go back and say "what if" and "this should've been different", right? You live and learn, and now we all know to cool our jets a bit in the next person V person fight :P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Attempting to solve this in PMs.

Onlookers, know that I didn't do this without going to the GM with my concerns first. I did what I could to resolve the situation, with the GM's blessing, and apparently that wasn't what I was meant to do.

I feel there was an error in communication at some point.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
This is /going/ to be resolved, fairly, or I'll /have/ to drop out of this RP, even though I dom't want to.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I've partially finished my SU, but I have a question first. Can I use one of Pichu's alternate Melee costumes? I need to add some ore lines to the "Differences" section, and I thought of the alternate costumes.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'd say yeah! I mean, since we can dress up our characters as we want, you can go ahead and use an alternative costume for him, as long as you can write it into your costume description!

Just keep in mind, you don't -actually- turn into Pichu, you just have his abilities, and your costume becomes... well, real. So I guess you'd have fur xP

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
You're welcome! Now I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of Pichu you'll be dressing up as xP

Also, is it only me who hated Pichu in Melee? "I will attack and also hurt myself in the process!" ... good thinking, Einstein :I

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lilizuki & WolfOfEve: Wow, this is... ironic? I see Leaf's kind of busy, too. I'm questioning the logic behind your character going out of their way to murder a fallen opponent, Lili. Modern humans can't just summon a killer's drive out of thin air or even adrenaline. To tap into that a modern human needs to be experiencing some pretty severe emotions or have gotten into a lot of murders in their day to get used to the idea. I have a hard time believing an incapacitated stranger's body can feasibly fill that emotional requirement.

That being said, your character is acting like she either has killed people many times before or suffers some form of psychopathy. I'm concerned that this may not be consistent with the character you applied for. That too being said, I think you've accidentally undermined the feeling you were going for in your post.

From an outsider's point of view a minor retcon might actually seem to be the optimal method of saving face in this situation...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
My character hasn't killed, but she has maimed before. Knocking somebody out is nowhere near as bad as that. Also, he wasn't fallen, because he continued to fight; Mimi offered surrender, and he refused it.

Also, you seem to underestimate the situation. This is an island where they're fighting for their life; as far as Mimi knows, he just tried to murder her.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
All this would be easier if you guys just stopped fighting - this wasn't the point of the RP, anyway... at least I didn't create my character to fight others, but yeah I get you, you do what you want. Still, this is a game, and if it's intense enough to cause full-scale arguments of who is wrong or right, or to determine who will win or lose... well, that's not nice to see.

@LS woo, first smash ball! You're really in for some beating, aren't you?!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
If you'll look back a few pages, I didn't want there to be any PvP anyway.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
All this would be easier if you guys just stopped fighting - this wasn't the point of the RP, anyway... at least I didn't create my character to fight others, but yeah I get you, you do what you want. Still, this is a game, and if it's intense enough to cause full-scale arguments of who is wrong or right, or to determine who will win or lose... well, that's not nice to see.

I agree with this entirely; in hindsight, it'd probably have been better to determine the battle before it happened. But, anyways, I think we're reaching a compromise soon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
We don't know yet, that's why they were arguing. How about reading the posts yourself? It's good having caught up to things. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back