• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Dragonite Centered team

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
The team at a glance​
286.gif
121.gif
462.gif
385.gif
094.gif
149.gif

I decided to try my hand at making a team. I'm not new to Pokémon, nor am I to the metagame, but I am a huge n00b when it comes to making teams, playing, and understanding others thought processes in those areas. None of these sets are unique in the slightest, I don't think. This team sits in the middle 1500s.

As with most teams, I started with one Pokémon. Dragonite. I used a pretty basic set, and the point of this team is to clear any hazaard and walls to that Dragonite until I can send it out for a late game assault.​

Team Building Process​

Spoiler:

Closer look at the team​

Breloom.png

Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
Low Sweep

It really depends on the preview whether I lead with this, Starmie, or Magnezone. Breloom takes the cake whenever they have a huge weakness to Grass or Fighting, or a huge lack of resistance to those. Spore is usually the first move, unless they unpredictably send out a Gliscor, in which case I switch to Starmie. Then, unless they are immune to Fighting, weak to Grass, or have a Ghost on their team, I tend to Low Sweep the crap out of them. This makes for slower opponents, and slower switch-ins. Breloom really has brought a lot in terms of that alone. It can also take care of Tyranitar (although I would rather get rid of the Sandstorm that comes with him), Heatran (to an extent), and other Pokémon that aren't weak or resistant to it. The problem with him is he can't take a hit.

tumblr_lr9o1p6qxT1qkhqxh.gif

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Starmie brings a lot in terms of coverage. It is almost as often my lead as Breloom. I do hesitate to bring it out sometimes though, because it could risk losing a late game spin. The set is pretty self explanatory: Hydro Pump things that are weak or don't resist, Ice Beam Dragons and Landorus, and Thunderbolt just about everything else. It helps to clear the field of some Dragons that could KO Dragonite. It also helps with Heatran, although Hydro Pump is somewhat unreliable and an obvious play that they usually switch out on.

P11_Magnezone_de_Zero_2.png

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Flash Cannon

Definitely one of the MVPs on my team. I always lead with this if there is a Ferrothorn on the other team. I've noticed people love leading with Ferrothorn if they can. When this traps a Ferrothorn, Scizor, or Forretress it Subs, because it resists almost everything (but Superpower), and it spams Hidden Power. When it traps a Heatran is when I switch out. It can also deal with Skarmory, and Flash Cannon has helped out in lowering some Blissey's Sp. Defense. He is pretty crux in that steels wall Dragonite, and he is a Steel killing machine, although he can hardly deal with offensive threats from what I've seen (could be a lack of playing skills on my part.)

a_bad_drawing_of_jirachi_by_racoonrabidd-d3a40sw.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron head
- Body Slam
- Wish
Cosmic Power

The fourth move used to be Protect, but that never got any use. Of course, once I replaced it, I started needing it more. I am at a loss over what to put in the final move slot. Anyways, this lovely star can help out D-nite by restoring it to Multiscale potential and allowing it to rampage all over again. Then the obnoxious ParaFlinch is great with dealing with non-Steel, non-Ghost opponents. Cosmic Power is really only used when I have the chance to set it up.

tumblr_lknhxfnUg01qfz5j8o1_500.jpg

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Focus Blast

Gengar was put in to deal with Psychics. He can help deal good damage to Latios, Latias, and Jirachi, all threats to the team effort. He also is able to stay in for a while due to Pain Split, and Focus Blast is a shaky way of dealing with Heatran. He even deals huge blows to neutral-affected Pokémon, owing to his grand Sp. Attack. He is better then Keldeo for sure, but if you can persuade me to replace him with Tyranitar, I might. I like him better so far though.

tumblr_lk6rhfCh1G1qiooj4o1_400.jpg

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
Earthquake

Dragonite is the reason I made this team. He can deal severe blows to half of a team, and is a great ender. Multiscale allows him to do a little Dance, make a little love, and get down. Even without DD, he can be sent out and priority strike low HP Pokémon to death with ExtremeSpeed. Earthquake deals with Heatran (I know, on paper 2/3 of my team 'deal' with Heatran, but yet he manages to bug the crap out of me.) Lum Berry is obviously there for Confusion, but so many time has he been Poisoned or Paralyzed, or even lulled to sleep, when he undoes that and wrecks teams over. God I love Dragonite.

Threatlist, thus far:

485.png
- This guy continues to be a huge threat. SR, Toxic, and it walls Magnezone and Jirachi. It also is annoying to a Dragonite trapped in a world of Outrage. The only Pokémon that should be able to deal with it are the other three, but Focus Blast and Hydro Pump are a tad unreliable, and it tends to switch out anyways. Did I mention that Fire Type moves take out half of my team.

385.png
- This guy, especially when he tricks Choice Scarfs, is as obnoxious as obnoxious is to spell. His U-turn also can deal some damage to Starmie, which irks me for some reason. I haven't faced many since adding Gengar to my team, but hopefully it will be a non-issue soon.

380.png
- She can wall lots of my guys, and take out most of them too. I hate her as much as I hate Latios.

381.png
- He is just a mad powerhouse. I'd be more descriptive, but by the time I take care of him, I forgot that he took out half my team or more. Draco Meteor is so strong, and then it just Recovers.

And if for any reason you want to take 'er out for a spin:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't think Cosmic Power is that useful on Jirachi because most of the time, you're focusing on flinching the opponent to death or supporting the rest of the team with Wish. I'd rather have another support move, like Stealth Rock, or Fire Punch to hit the Steels that would tank Iron Head and Body Slam, in its place.

Oh, and another thing: Latias is an all-female species, just like Blissey.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
I don't think Cosmic Power is that useful on Jirachi because most of the time, you're focusing on flinching the opponent to death or supporting the rest of the team with Wish. I'd rather have another support move, like Stealth Rock, or Fire Punch to hit the Steels that would tank Iron Head and Body Slam, in its place.

Oh, and another thing: Latias is an all-female species, just like Blissey.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was considering SR, but I usually don't send it out early enough. I will try FP for now.

Back