• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@LightOfTruth: Ohhh yeah, that'd be awesome. XD; But only issue? Lack of water Pokemon in Unova, so I'm sure we'll have more, plus... Mantine seen overhead in the tunnel. ;; Maybe in caves though, since there seems to be enough Unova Pokemon for that! Geodude would be okay by me though cause I like Golemmm.

I could see Mantine as a possibility due to it appearing in that underwater tunnel plus in B/W Mantyke was available to catch in Undella Town.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I'll be surprised if it can't be found, since why else would they have it swimming in the ocean above basically... XD;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I want Mantine and Mantyke to be available for capture. They're lovely! Plus as Forever said, there's a lack of Water type Pokémon in Unova, and they are my favorite types. :[

Years
@Forever and @Kaori I agree with the two of you. If we see Mantine in that tunnel, that should mean it and Mantyke can be caught.

Some of my fave Pokemon that were previously only obtainable with Poke Transfer should appear. I want to see the Pikachu, Buneary, Aipom, Glameow, Stunky, Snorunt and Electrike families.

I also would like the Bagon family to appear cos I never managed to catch one in any game I played.

Years
You were able to catch Mantyke around Undella Town anyway, so I've no doubt it'll make it into the new Unova Dex; I think, seeing as they've expanded it, they're probably going to make it so that you can catch them before challenging the Pokemon League.
As for new Water types, I'm looking forward to Lapras, hopefully it won't be too hard to catch :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
The only side effect of having Mantyke is having Remoraid, and I really don't want that thing in these games at all. Becuase you need Remoraid to evolve Mantyke. ;;

Mantine itself, though, would be perfectly fine. I'd like to see Wailmer again, speaking of Water Pokemon! c:

blue

gucci
Years
Wow, I never knew you needed Remoraid in order to evolve Mantyke in BW! I think there will be a mixture of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh & Unova Pokémon (considering there are 300 in the dex) scattered around Unova which is pretty good because it gives you a good choice and variety and saves trading over some of them. I'd like to see ones like, Vulpix, Ponyta, Growlithe, Miltank, Taillow, Tropius, Skorupi, Combee etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've only counted Hoenn's Pokemon but if all of them from Black and White are transferred over, then there are almost 50% of Hoenn's Pokemon in Unova. I can count the others as I think all of them from both Black and White will reappear as so far the Pokemon shown with exception of Eevee, they have all been from Black and White. We can prolly hit close to 300 with just what was in Black and White.

As for Mantyke, that's how you evolved it in every game since it's release. XD It needs an incense to be bred and a Remoraid in the party to evolve.

Years
If they're going to put in the 3-5 generations of Pokemon that does make up for the random new 2-3 legendaries. I'll be happy if GameFreak just puts in 2 generations, honestly, just like the olden/new days of Gold/HeartGold and Silver/SoulSilver. The rest goes a bit off topic-just stick to the thread instead. :disappoin:'(:(:\

What happens to the Pokedex? Does it suddenly turn into the National Pokedex?
Next, next game we'll be saying "Oh, the good old days of the Pokedex, just when we had some 150-160 Pokemon. I remember when we just had one region's Pokemon instead of seven. Now we got 500 Pokemon..." *random rage/nostalgic ranting throughout the noob game and it's playthrough, not only about the Pokedex though*

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
More thinking about it... Other Pokémon that better be in this game...

Yanma (but better early movepool)
Chinchou (poor stats but great typing+ability)
Sneasel (adorable+good stats. If it had technician it'd be like HGSS Scyther)
Aron (always worth it in the end)
Tropius (HM slave that doesn't suck in battle)
Gible (please, GameFreak?!)
Skarmory (great Poke overall)

*wishful thinking* Catching Pokémon with dream world abilities in wild, even if they're really rare. Technician Shroomish would be great.

And maybe this is a little off topic, but has there even been anything to confirm that all Unova Pokes are in BW2? It is several years later, not to mention colder. =P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Those two are still DW Pokemon, kinda interesting that it's only the ones found post-game or in the Dream World so far. Or unless there's any that I've forgotten that were neither...?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
More thinking about it... Other Pokémon that better be in this game...

Yanma (but better early movepool)
Chinchou (poor stats but great typing+ability)
Sneasel (adorable+good stats. If it had technician it'd be like HGSS Scyther)
Aron (always worth it in the end)
Tropius (HM slave that doesn't suck in battle)
Gible (please, GameFreak?!)
Skarmory (great Poke overall)

*wishful thinking* Catching Pokémon with dream world abilities in wild, even if they're really rare. Technician Shroomish would be great.

And maybe this is a little off topic, but has there even been anything to confirm that all Unova Pokes are in BW2? It is several years later, not to mention colder. =P
I can see Gible hanging around the areas you can catch Deino in. Plus the game needs more dragons. It'll help Iris and Drayden even!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
pokemon i want
gen 1: the nidorans,mankey
gen 2: snubbull
gen3:seedot,aron,torkoal
gen4:shinx

Years
Originally Posted by Kaori
Plus the game needs more dragons. It'll help Iris and Drayden even!
You got to factor in that there are only around 30(?Correct me if i'm wrong) Dragon-types in the whole world. Even if you put them all in, the Dragons are still a rare species that won't be seen until mid-game-ish.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Okay, so they have the Growlithe line. They BETTER have the Meowth line too or I will be forever convinced that Game Freak hates cats.

I'd also like to see the SPheal and Trapinch lines in there. Perhaps Koffing/Weezing too so I can duplicate my 4th gen main battling team, lol

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
I think there is going to be All Unova Pokemon from Victini to Genesect of course and the old Pokemon I know and think/hope will appear are Riolu, Lucario, Psyduck, Golduck, Mareep, Flaffy, Ampharos, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Sneasel, Weavile, Lapras, Growlithe, Arcanine, Mantyke, Manitine, Koffing and Weezing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can see Gible hanging around the areas you can catch Deino in. Plus the game needs more dragons. It'll help Iris and Drayden even!

You got to factor in that there are only around 30(?Correct me if i'm wrong) Dragon-types in the whole world. Even if you put them all in, the Dragons are still a rare species that won't be seen until mid-game-ish.

Yeaah I think it'd make sense to put the dragons on Victory Road since other than putting them around Dragonspiral Tower, there's nowhere else they really... fit. I just hope there's not too many of the past dragons. Just as long as there's Dragonite imma be happy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2012
I'm hoping that they put some pokemon from the other regions, especially ones you could only get from poke transfer. It makes it much more easier. I'd especially like to see the Gible line, Dratini line and maybe special pokemon giveaways like the monkeys, volcarona and larvesta egg.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Yeaah I think it'd make sense to put the dragons on Victory Road since other than putting them around Dragonspiral Tower, there's nowhere else they really... fit. I just hope there's not too many of the past dragons. Just as long as there's Dragonite imma be happy.
Flygon and Salamence please! Two of the best dragon types ever. u_u I'm expecting Altaria too, since they were found on Route 14 in Black and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back