• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team rating please?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I'm about to take on Victory road in White. (Main-story of course.) Please keep in mind I have no access to Wi-Fi trading, and this is a casual playthrough.

Musharna Level 43
Held item: Quick Claw
Timid nature
Moves:
Psychic
Flash
Psybeam
Calm Mind
This my Fighting type tank for the most part. Performance level is 9.5 in my opinion.

Unfezant Level 45
Held item: Sharp Beak
Sassy nature
Moves:
Fly
Air Cutter
FeatherDance
Air Slash
Fly slave/bug and grass killer. Performance level is 7.0 . I really should replace it with something else, but I don't know what.

Chandelure Level 45
Held item: Spell Tag
Hasty nature
Moves:
Shadow Ball
Flame Burst
Fire Blast
Hex
My Psychic type tank. Serves the same purpose as Unfezant. Performance level 10.0

Simipour Level 45
Held item: Mystic water
Timid nature
Moves:
Shadow Claw
Waterfall
Scald
Surf
Water HM slave. I really would like a different water type... But I prefer the stats of this one to the others in Unova. Performance level 8.0

Excadrill Level 47
Held item: Soft Sand
Sassy nature
Moves:
Dig
Strength
Rock Slide
Earthquake
All around tank. Quite overpowered in my opinion. Performance level is 10.0

Virizion Level 43
Timid nature
Moves:
Focus blast
Solar Beam
Gigadrain
Sacred Sword
This one is replacing Serperior. Awesome, but it's getting replaced with Zekrom. Performance level is unknown, as I have not been able to use it for long. It seems like a total boss as far as stats and moves go though.

Okay, time for someone to tell me how incompetent I am! (Okay fine, my self-esteem isn't that bad, and I think you guys are nicer than that.... I hope.)

Years
With zekrom i believe you make a decent team, except from simipour, i really believe you should get another water type, but that's just my opinion

Years
Seems like a well rounded team, but replacing simipour and unfezant wouldn't be a bad idea.
Flying could be braviary or archeops (my fav). Then maybe seismitoad or alomomola? Either way a solid team!

Years
I have to say your team looks pretty good although Simipour can perform non-HM slave roles as well since it has decent stats and its Attack and Sp. Attack are balanced, meaning it can go with mixed sets very efficiently.

Archeops is a good choice for a Flying-type, and you can get a Plume Fossil from a Backpacker in the Relic Castle. It also has very high Attack and is fast enough to use it effectively, Defeatist (its ability) may weaken it when it hits 50% or less of its maximum HP but thankfully its strong enough to be able to one-hit KO most foes plus you'll probably have healing items readily available on you. I tried one out myself in Black and he did a good job.

However, even though Braviary has good stats all around the problem with Rufflet is that he doesn't evolve until Level 54 and you'd probably be Level 50 when you're taking on the Elite Four. So I don't really recommend it until post-game at least.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
For whatever flying type you choose, I personally wouldn't give it an item(other than flying gym) and I would teach them Acrobatics. As Hikari suggested, Archeops is amazing to use. It's extremely fast and has mammoth attack, which would further using Acrobatics a lot.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Thanks guys! The only problem is that I accidentally chose the Cover Fossil by mistake. I would have used him for my water Pokemon, but the difference in defense and special defense stats bothers me a bit. I might try to get Braviary though.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
I would say stick with your current team then and try out acrobatics with unfezent. But on the fighting elite four, watch out for sawk. Sturdy ability D:

Years
I would say stick with your current team then and try out acrobatics with unfezent. But on the fighting elite four, watch out for sawk. Sturdy ability D:

Unfezant can't learn Acrobatics, but Musharna should be able to handle Marshal's team easily due to its bulk and the fact his entire team is weak to Psychic.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Well one thing is you should really keep Caraccosta. If you use one Shell Smash before the battles of each of the Elite 4 then you'll be set.

Spr_5b_565.png

Caraccosta.

Ability: Sturdy

Moves:

Aqua Jet

Rock Slide

Aqua Tail

Shell Smash.

Rock Slide is there for annoying flying types and after a Shell Smash can easily take care of grass types.

Aqua Tail is there as a STAB move.

Aqua Jet is for really tight situations before the use of Shell Smash can be allowed.

Finally Shell Smash i there as the most devastating move in the world.

Back