• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Hmm a power up rare candy... sounds interesting.

I'm not so sure about the legendary items for pokemon idea, i think it's branching off too much then.

How about some hold items, new berries, or a new item type completely?

I'm extending this to usable key items, similar to how you have the bicycle etc.

And how about ideas, to replace HM's?

Waudby

Oh sorry about that. I like the idea, but i think i'll have to add some extra bits to it, or maybe make it part of the story.

Maybe something like, you recieve Eevee as a special gift and then when you go to a laboratory the scientists say that they can help evolve it if you want as long as you help them out with something.

what you think?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I like it! ^^
Also, when u use the stone to evolve eevee, u get this option in ur party: Who do u want Eevee to evolve into?(then a pop-up box)
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Espeon
Umbreon
(or if ur adding them)
Glaceon
Leafeon

Waudby

I may do it that you have a choice, or I may make it a little more random as to what you get, which means you'd have to trade with friends to get all the Evolutions.

Waudby

I have yet to even think about adding breeding, i'll cross that hurdle when i get to it lol.

Keep the ideas coming as well. I think i'll definitely use the multi stone idea, but maybe a better name. I don't like the name lol.

What do people think about some sort of rare apple which can make a Pokémon evolve earlier than they should? It would require the player to find the apple, of which there would only be three in game, and they wouldn't be easy to find.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
It's Ok, u can think of a better one! ;)
U could have a daycare around demo 2 or 3.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ok well for hm mabye for flash you get a flashlight. For surf you um use a jetski! For Fly a jetpack or mabye thats to spyish. Mabye have teleport stands in each town and you need an item to activate each one you have seen. Like you could have a pokegear with registring for teleports and after getting your teleport key where ever you registered you can teleport. Ok enough of the teleporting on to the rest of hms.Um mabye for cut you have a machete? No lol dont cuase you could also use it as a game over excuse. Kid sentenced for life after killin all his pokemon for losing after a 2000th battle. Um lets see. If adding defog mabye you could add a fog light to the flashlight. Oh and use a scooter instead of bike.

Waudby

The flashlight idea has already been suggested to me on another forum and now the item graphic is being designed for me.

I'm going for a "adventurer's toolkit" so that you can use items from it when necessary, so like, an small axe to get rid of those annoying trees, and inflatable raft, climbing equipment etc etc.

Waudby

A little bit like that yes, I had already thought up this idea and posted about it on the gaming world forums where the game is also advertised, and me and Neo-Dragon were obviously on the same wave length when thinking of it. No doubt i'll propbabaly have another wonderful idea before implementing it and change it lol.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I see everyone is getting rid with HMs? I wonder why lol.
My reason for getting rid of them was not because I didn't to code HMs in or anything like that. The real reason is, people don't plan fan games for long periods. So rather then finding HMs, beating the gym leader so you can use them, then teaching a pokemon. The player can simply find an item and use it lol.

Waudby

My reason for getting rid of them was because I dont like the fact that you have to lose a move slot of a certain pokemon and replace it with a crappy alternative.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
yeah true and for the rare chocolate idea i made instead of going up 3 levels i agree with them you should go up 5 levels instead

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
so true i hated that you have to beat a certain gym leader to either do surf or flash even fly that ticked me off so bad and then for the pokemon u have in your party some of them couldn't even learn the moves so you either had to go to the pokemon center and access the computer or you had to go catch a pokemon that could use that move

Waudby

But with the freedom of sphere, I will make it more than just you have an axe you can cut down a tree, i'm going to make it have a certain amount of uses and then it will be and you have to repair it etc.

Same with the raft, it will have an "inflated" level which goes down the more uses, and gets punctured etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back