• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I never had any Gen II or Gen III games. I went from Blue straight to HeartGold.

Can't wait for my paycheck so I can afford BW2 and the new Mumford & Sons album when they come out.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Ruby and Sapphire give me nostalgia, too. I was 10 when they came out. Good times. And they were the first games where I had really competitive battles with my friends via link cable.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Off topic, but don't you hate it when you're late to something? My whole family's late for a wedding, and it's at this really fancy place. And I wanna get there. Worst part: no suit! =(

And in attempt to remain somewhat off topic, I've actually never played Yellow.

Years
OH! I'm sorry, that was me being close minded. ;;

It's been 10 freaking years since Ruby came out. I'd say it certainly qualifies to be a nostalgia giver, but they were such a huge leap forward graphically and in terms of movement rates that it often still feels like I'm playing a current generation game whenever I pick up one of the 5 games of that generation.

Blue was my first game ever, but I think I had the most fun playing Gen III's games (in particular, the 2 I had from that gen - Sapphire and LeafGreen) because that's the generation that things finally started being competitive between my brother, several of my younger cousins, and myself. Before that, I was wiping the floor with all of them because I was the walking Pokemon knowledgebase.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
donavannj said:
It's been 10 freaking years since Ruby came out. I'd say it certainly qualifies to be a nostalgia giver, but they were such a huge leap forward graphically and in terms of movement rates that it often still feels like I'm playing a current generation game whenever I pick up one of the 5 games of that generation.

Wow, 10 years already? I still remember when I first got it and unboxed it and played it and AAAAA. It was magical. I miss the old days lol.

...god I sound like an old man right now.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Gen III was okay but not that great. Hoenn was mixed - quite a few of the locations were good (Fortree, Mt. Chimney, Sootopolis, etc.) but there was way too much water and very few of the routes were very memorable. Team Magma and Aqua were pathetic and most of the new Pokemon weren't that great. It wasn't bad, just not my favorite (Gen IV is).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gen III was when they made the jump to GBA so I didn't get a Gen III game until years later because my mom couldn't afford to get my sister or I a GBA lmao. I still remember my friend being pissed at me because I would come to her house and play her Ruby instead of actually playing with her. I was a terrible person.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I loved Gen III's locations. I was like 'omg where are the roads?' when I hit Fortree, and the invisible 'walls' (the Kecleon) faked me out so badly, dear God. Do you understand how long it took me to figure out that I wasn't going to be able to get into the Gym without furthering my route to the right? It took me forever. I was so dumb... anyway, and Steven flying away was cool, too. I loved every bit of those games except the Pokemon.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I got Ruby two months before it was released in Europe- I got an American copy in a contest, and then a Spanish Sapphire a few months later. I loved listening to Team Magma's theme and feeling privileged to be playing the game so early. Loved it to bits and replayed it a million times. Probably I'd consider it my favourite ever.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
****in' smart.

OT: Gen 3 was awesome. It was my childhood essentially. I started playing Gen 1 but I was so young I barely remember any of it. I did remember... Well... Everything about the game like the areas, towns, maps, etc, but I lost most of my memories of it. My memories of Gen 3 are still intact to this day.

Gen 2 remains my favorite generation though and the runner up is 4th Gen. Gen 3 is only third on my list...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It's hard to believe its been 10 years already. I still have my Hoenn games and play them a lot, though their batteries are pretty much all dead ;_; so no growing berries and stuff. I played them a lot, missing out on Gen 4 for a while which I finally remembered when HG/SS were going to be out. Im currently replaying Emerald for fun, good times. Id hope for a remake on the 3DS to solve that internal battery problem and just to be able to play an updated version of Hoenn.

droomph

weeb
Years
I got Ruby two months before it was released in Europe- I got an American copy in a contest, and then a Spanish Sapphire a few months later. I loved listening to Team Magma's theme and feeling privileged to be playing the game so early. Loved it to bits and replayed it a million times. Probably I'd consider it my favourite ever.

The only thing about it was the font. Oh gawd awful

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I gotta agree with other people here; I can't believe that PC's been around for 10 years now.

And as for me, my first Pokemon games were Ruby/Sapphire, even though I played Sapphire first. Good times, good times.

And on a random note, I'm in my college's cafe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back