• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Jeezus christ, did anybody except RHCP even read my post? Frankly, I really don't appreciate being ignored. When I ask for people's opinions, I think's it's common courtesy and just plain nice to have at least two or three replies in there.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side here? This is not your personal thread, and there are many different things that can be discussed here. If you want to be sure to get an opinion on something, ask someone directly :]

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Of course it isn't my thread, did I ever say it was? I just seriously deteste being ignored. I get that people can talk about different things, I never said they should talk only about one thing. When people ignore another person's post, it just seems to feel like they ran it over with their BMW and skipped straight to the other things. (Does that make any sense? I'm using metaphors here) Especially when they're asking for others' opinions.

Now, I am going to need a Co-GM for this RP. Is anybody interested?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Of course it isn't my thread, did I ever say it was? I just seriously deteste being ignored. I get that people can talk about different things, I never said they should talk only about one thing. When people ignore another person's post, it just seems to feel like they ran it over with their BMW and skipped straight to the other things. (Does that make any sense? I'm using metaphors here) Especially when they're asking for others' opinions.

Now, I am going to need a Co-GM for this RP. Is anybody interested?

. . . *Holds out bottle of chill pills* I think you need one . . . or a few. Heck, take the whole bottle.

Dude, only three people have posted since your post about the Warriors RP. It's not that big of a deal, lol.
Anyways, I highly doubt I'd join a Warriors RP. I haven't read the series, but I know plenty of people whom have, and now that I think about it . . . the concept of the series seems a bit ridiculous, but hey, I haven't read it yet, so that opinion isn't exactly set in stone.

And I don't think we need that rating thing. Most people remember to put a rating, even if it's not displayed in the name~ The Pokemon/Other thing to identify the RPs would be better, tbh.
Of course there was a rather large surge of Other RPs right after the merge between the Other and Pokemon sections, lol.

Wymsical

Years
Ugh, sorry, I'm just frustrated with the whole 'respect' deal. Vegeta's told me he's had a few complaints from some of you (*glares*) that I'm an @$$hole kinda guy. I'm not. (At least not all the time) But some of you guys seem to automatically assume so. *Swallows Chill pills*

Yeah, Warriors isn't exactly one of my favorite series of books, but I think it would make an interesting RP.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@delly You'd be surprised how many people forget!

@RHCP is there an "official" universal book rating, do you know?

@Wym People won't post about things they are not interested in. I do not know/have not read/am not interested in this "Warriors" thing, so I won't talk about it. You gotta deal with it man. Get over it. It's like when people post a RP and nobody signs up. It happens. Get over it. If you continuously act like an angry kind of person, people will automatically think you are. So don't whine when you aren't heard. Instead, why don't you just politely say "Hey guys, was anyone interested?" instead of going "STOP HATIN ON ME GUYS". So start being positive, guy. People won't like you if you strangle them over the littlest things.

@everyone In other news, I'm very sorry I've been slack with submissions. It's been hard to get to a PC since I dont do them when I'm on my phone (which I'm on now). My brother is on it a lot and doesn't care much for my needs. I'm working a long shift today (10am-7pm) but hopefully I can do submissions when I get home.

Nakuzami

Years
@delly You'd be surprised how many people forget!

. . . !! Eh, um, er, AH, jdhskjughuighuifdhuisgfunsghtiodfhauibthdai-

*BOOM!!*

I will kill you someday, Skymin. Keep one eye open at night 030

@everyone In other news, I'm very sorry I've been slack with submissions. It's been hard to get to a PC since I dont do them when I'm on my phone (which I'm on now). My brother is on it a lot and doesn't care much for my needs. I'm working a long shift today (10am-7pm) but hopefully I can do submissions when I get home.

I think you're old enough to move out, or buy your own computer. SOMETHING. xD

@Wymsical - Yeah, I have a feeling a Warriors RP wouldn't work out. I don't know how many people have read it, and those that haven't (like me) probably won't take it seriously because, well, it's cats and they're . . . well, whatever they do, besides claw each other to death.
I think somebody tried a Warriors RP once. Don't think it worked out :/

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...*Looks up at the previous posts*

Well, y'know, we could always make our own rating system. After all, RP is similar but not equivalent to traditional writing just as traditional writing (books/fanfiction/etcetera) is similar to but not equivalent to movies.

What is and is not appropriate for each type of entertainment may not hold true for other types, and as roleplayers we are arguably the best qualified to produce such a rating system.

I mean I can tell you right now we'd need to account for crack and by extension smut. That's something you won't find in any book/movie rating to my knowledge. All we'd need is some people willing to work on it. :P

@Naku: I think I remember that RP too. Can't remember why specifically it died though, probably wasn't paying attention.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
LOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOL

Wym you're such a troll....in fact sometimes its funny that people don't realize that you're screwing with them...

@Skymin *coughs* excuses *coughs*

@Somebody else Our own rating system? Should be too hard, who's up for it? *crickets chirping*

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
For the rating system, I feel a rating system similar to ESRB (American Rating system for video games) would be a good one to base an "original" rating system. It is fairly broad, but I think it is a good starting point if nothing else.

Here is a link to a page defining the ratings: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board

As for the Warriors RP, I looked at the linked page and I can't say I am that interested. I have never got into the service so I lack any sort of knowledge base. That being said, I saw a number of RPs based on the series and none succeeded to get off the ground. It might be almost too ambitious to run a successful RP. That being said with a solid main plot it has potential.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, if Wymsical is being a troll, you know I won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Well what would we rate on? Age? Maturity? Level of roleplaying? Experience? Etc etc.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Well what would we rate on? Age? Maturity? Level of roleplaying? Experience? Etc etc.

At the risk of not discriminating rookies, I would say the rating system has to be based on the content of the roleplaying using age as a means of measurement.

For example, a RP could be rated "E" for everyone if its content is friendly to all ages. One could be rated "M" for mature (17+ or so) if its content deals with deals such as intense violence, sexual relationships, etc.

Using ages is the most practical form of measurement, as it is universal.

Level of roleplaying is an interesting idea depending on how you manage to integrate it into a rating system.

Nakuzami

Years
Well, if Wymsical is being a troll, you know I won't tolerate that kind of crap.

Aw, don't be like that. Besides, I'm the only one that gets to punish mah wife. xD

Well, let's start off with maturity (because age is crap.) to begin with, and once we have the basics of that set we could move on to incorporate even more, if we feel like making a multi-levelled rating system, lol.

Grr . . . I hate it when I finish a book and the next in the series isn't sitting right in front of me. /needs Son of Neptune

Dawn

Years
Maturity, as that's what our current rating system does. Though I'd be open to making the rating include other things like writing level as well. Just remember. The more the rating is supposed to say the more complex it's going to be. (Theoretically, a teen appropriate RP with a high writing level might be T-9, with the 9 being the writing level on a scale of 1-10)

I mean... I could head this "project", let's call it. I'd want some feedback though. If it were based on just my opinion of maturity with no feedback I might make some mistakes in objectivity. l3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with our current system of ratings. But I kind of like the idea of ^^THAT^^ because people would need to know what kind of writing is expected of them. But I don't see how someone would know what the number means, or what to compare it to

Dawn

Years
We would need a thread explaining the ratings. That or a link to an external website explaining the ratings. I'm theoretically capable of both.

Wymsical

Years
Will you people relax? I'm just kidding. Or at least, I think I was. Cuz I always do. Vegeta's right. Man, *holds out chill pill bottle* here, I'm not done with them. Remember to share.

@Nakizamu: Hmm, I suppose it wouldn't last long. A'right, nevermind then.

Don't hang around on that joke, it sucks. lol

So, I've been thinking, though, and it seems that some of you (a lot of you) don't like my jokes/trolling moments. I guess I'm just used to people being more chilled out and hangin' around on my jokes. That's the way things roll in 'Diego. So I decided to let y'all chill out a bit, so I'll stop with the jokes. For now. Since you don't seem to appreciate my talent for comedy lol. I'll try to act, what vegeta seems to call, mature. xD

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
Years
  • Age 33
  • US
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
[FONT=&quot]Hey guys and gals, I just finished the school semester and decided to give this whole RPing thing a shot. I went through the whole guide but I think I missed a few things. What does "SU" stand for exactly? I realize members refer to their character descriptions as "SU" but I have no clue what it stands for. Also, just to clarify, "OOC" threads require approval and are created for the discussion of a specific RP game?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also I'd like to know, from the experienced folk here, just how popular are non-Pokemon RP games? Basically I have this idea bouncing around in my head that I would like to turn into an RP game (which I would GM). Any pointers and feedback would be greatly appreciated.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My idea [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The game takes place in a fictional world much like ours as far as technology. The beginning of the story unfolds in a large and busy city with a complex infrastructure; think dozens of skyscrapers with huge LED screens advertising anything you can imagine, neon signs all over the place representing the various businesses around the city (restaurants, clothing shops, game shops and even mom-and-pop shops) forming the downtown area, a large network of highways and roads connecting the various districts of the city, perhaps have even a park downtown.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ok so what you might ask? A cat with wings pops up one night out of nowhere in the middle of the city. This "cat" is running away from some bad people. Turns out the cat is not really a cat, its essence was shattered into pieces by a bad guy, pieces that were scattered across time. This cat in a last breath, used up most of its magic to "jump" into our world ("our", in the context of the story) and is now seeking the help of "those with a pure heart" to guide it in its mission to collect its shattered pieces and be whole again.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What's the conflict you say? Well the bad guy, who in a sense "imprisoned" the cat, did so for a reason. The cat in its "true" form was the only power preventing the bad guy from "jumping" dimensions.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Why did the bad guy want to jump dimensions in the first place instead of sitting at home sipping tea all day? The bad guy is a warmongering power hungry beast who feeds on despair and pain. Wait, but there's no despair or pain in the dimension where he is imprisoned… Exactly, he needs to jump into different worlds to cause pain and despair and though it, become more powerful![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So now fast forward to when the cat with angel wings appears in our made up city. The cat releases its last portion of power to create its guardians. And just who are those guardians? Our fair RPers of course! Anyway, the cat's last portion of power is divided evenly and matched with an equal number of RPers. Each segment of power is matched with a young person with a pure heart, almost like a magnetic attraction. At this point I'm thinking all of the chosen guardians attend the same high school (There needs to be some coincidence right?…right? guys?!) The moments each guardian receives their power they are endowed a weapon of very powerful magic. I am yet undecided on how many RPers I will accept, but each will have a different weapon, weapons will be handed out on a first come first serve basis. The weapons I have in mind thus far are: The Ice Dragon Blade, The Twin White Tiger Gauntlets, The Wise Monkey Staff, The Shadow Rooster Scythe and I guess I'll have to think of a couple more… (I will draw the weapons and post them for the RPers) The guardians will team up with the cat with wings (who will explain what the heck is going on) and together they will "jump" between different fictional worlds to recover the cat's essence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]End idea[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'd like to stress that what you just hopefully read was my idea completely raw; I realize there might be grammar errors and I apologize but I wanted to capture every thought and present it "uncensored".
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The adventure will include world "jumping", epic boss battles, and mind-boggling plot twists (or at least I hope so -__-; ) I am interested in having a co-GM to help me develop the game itself, so please let me know if this is something you're interested in.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hm… what else would I like to mention…? oh yes! This RP game will be illustration heavy. I'm obsessed with drawing so I will draw bosses, enemies, weapons, NPCs, different settings and maybe even maps (for plot reasons).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]My goal is to create an unbelievable experience for your sole entertainment! Hope you enjoy the ride.[/FONT]

Nakuzami

Years
@WarGreymon-X - SU means Sign-Up. Also, welcome to the RP Corner~!
Your idea sounds . . . rather entertaining, actually. But I have to ask, why a cat? Other than my being confused as to why it's a magical cat, it sounds like a rather great idea. I can't co-GM (or, at least, I don't want to risk it and then not having anough time, lol) so I can't really help you there~

@PkMnTrainer Yellow - I think I like your idea (i.e. T-9) as it's not completely redesigning the rating system (going by game ratings . . . C, E, E10+, T, M, and . . . uh, don't think I know anymore, lol) so we keep that in mind, but then add the scale of 1-10 for the amount of skill we expect (though I have a feeling some people, newer ones mostly, might spam the level 10 if they aren't quite used to the system, so they assume that 10 just means good writing) but we might want to establish what is expected with each number level.

@Wymsical - Fine, then, I want a divorce. >:C
Wait, since when is Supervegeta qualified enough to know the meaning of "mature?" xD

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, I think Non-Pokemon RPs are...so-so around here~ They're popular, just not as popular as the pokemon ones.

In any case, that RP sounds interesting actually~!

I, myself trying to improve on this RP I made:

Spoiler:

So, uh, critique and all that would be...appreciated. xD
Not sure if this could be a journey RP otherwise :x

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
Years
  • Age 33
  • US
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
@Nakuzami - Thanks for the heads-up on the SU thing. About the cat thing, it was just completely random. Thinking about it a little more critically though, perhaps the deity that was imprisoned by the bad guy (upon having it's essence shattered) became a formless energy. The formless energy transported into our world and took on the form of a cat because this way it would be able to roam around without attracting attention (that and a cat was the first thing it saw upon entering our world!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back