• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
Which version of NSE did you get? The newer one (2.X) or the older one? I usually use the older one for OW sprites, probably just because I'm more comfortable with the older version.

I'd begin by looking at various events on the map you're trying to warp to. Sometimes, person events cause the game to freeze, especially if they are set to the wrong "hidden" setting. It might be a problem with one of the level scripts as well. If neither of those are the case, I'd open up the header tab, in professional view, and double-check that all the offsets end in 0, 4, 8, or C. If none of those work, The only thing left to do would be to boot up a backup, or at least just make a separate map with the exact same stuff as the first, and see if that does anything.

My map-script offset ends in a 7, is that the problem?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It still doesn't work :( it's stuck to 516 now.

I understand what you did, I tried to change this value a little, and I saw that 00 limits to 255 EVs, you add 40 and it gets to the actual 510 EVs, and then x3 for the 1530 EVs (40x3 = C0 in hexadecimal).
I thought it would work too this time, but when I tried to train my Eevee (with macho Brace and Pokérus), I could make it go up to 519 and now it's unable to earn EVs anymore.

I don't really understand this, it should have worked.

There's a secondary check later which I didn't spot. Go to 0x43A3C and change it to EXACTLY THIS: F9 05 00 00

If that doesn't solve it, then there are checks deeper inside the actual Pokémon encrypter, which would take some time to find.

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
There's a secondary check later which I didn't spot. Go to 0x43A3C and change it to EXACTLY THIS: F9 05 00 00

If that doesn't solve it, then there are checks deeper inside the actual Pokémon encrypter, which would take some time to find.

Hehehe no! There isn't any other check! Thank you soooooooo much dude! You helped me a lot with my rom hack!
Fore sure you'll be in my game! (trainer or whatever you want)

You helped me to make a unique rom hack!

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
3) I've heard that there isn't a table or anything that controls what music plays where, so I don't know how to fix it. However, Jambo51 said he had a routine that could accomplish this. I'd PM him, and I also hope he'll post his routine here, because I really want it too @_@

Hya, dude.I'm sure Jambo51 has an advanced version of the routine, but for starters, what you might want is a piece of work made by our dear ASM hacker MM_X.
The routine you're looking for is here: http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=13

Greetz

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

Hya, dude.I'm sure Jambo51 has an advanced version of the routine, but for starters, what you might want is a piece of work made by our dear ASM hacker MM_X.
The routine you're looking for is here: http://sfc.pokefans.net/lesson.php?id=13

Greetz

I've actually seen this tutorial, and it didn't end up working for me v.v. I was actually referring to different battle themes depending on the trainer class, which isn't always easy to do with variables, since trainer battles freeze when the first command is something that isn't "trainerbattle ...". He mentioned such a routine a page or two ago, and I was hoping to try it out.

Jambo51 said:
2 - You can use one of my routines which creates a table which allows definitions of regional music and trainer class based music (so you could define Team Rocket to have a battle theme, for example).

While we're at it, it's also possible to define more custom encounter music. I'll add the code in question to this post when I get to my PC.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
I dont know if this question belongs here,anyway were can i download PkmnAdv.exe,cause i've been looking for half an hour and still cant find it

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
3) I've heard that there isn't a table or anything that controls what music plays where, so I don't know how to fix it. However, Jambo51 said he had a routine that could accomplish this. I'd PM him, and I also hope he'll post his routine here, because I really want it too @_@

Working on it. It needs some tidying up.

6) I think pretty much all ROMs have trouble saving on VBA. I've played ShinyGold on both No$GBA and VBA, and it saved fine in one, and failed in the other. I've even played a normal Emerald rom, and it failed to save as well. The best option is to just take savestates of the game.

Not if you set them to the correct save type. Save states actually cause massive problems, particularly on RSE where the PRNG won't get reseeded, which leads to problems quite quickly. I've tried VBA, VBA-M, VBA-L, VBA-H, No$ and No$ debugger and they all save correctly, provided you set the save type right.

KF

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
How can I import revamped G/S/C sprites in FR without having any palette problem?
Any idea? Anyone has a working G/S/C revamped sprites database?

Thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Thought I would post here instead of making a new thread hopefully its ok

I can't figure out how to get pokemon hack games to work on gameboid, an android app. i know there needs to be a .gba extention for the game to work but when i download a game it usually says .ips on the end

I heard I need to perhaps patch the file on the computer so it can work on my phone but how to i do this?

many thanks

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Working on it. It needs some tidying up.
Oh, I thought you had already made it. I didn't mean to rush you or anything, I thought you just forgot v.v

Not if you set them to the correct save type. Save states actually cause massive problems, particularly on RSE where the PRNG won't get reseeded, which leads to problems quite quickly. I've tried VBA, VBA-M, VBA-L, VBA-H, No$ and No$ debugger and they all save correctly, provided you set the save type right.

I guess when I said "best" I meant "only", since my ROM hack reuses to save, even after I toyed with every combination of saving type in VBA. I just assumed the same problem would occur with other ROM hacks, since it's happened with the few I've tried. I guess I'll amend that post to "try the different save formats and see if one of them works".

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Thought I would post here instead of making a new thread hopefully its ok

I can't figure out how to get pokemon hack games to work on gameboid, an android app. i know there needs to be a .gba extention for the game to work but when i download a game it usually says .ips on the end

I heard I need to perhaps patch the file on the computer so it can work on my phone but how to i do this?

many thanks

Download a-patch from Hackmew's tool thread (or if you have elite map, there is a program called LIPS in the folder). Both have the option of applying a patch. You first select the patch nd then select the clean ROM.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
Is this the right code for a simple talking script cause i've tried it 5 times and the game just goes black

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Is this the right code for a simple talking script cause i've tried it 5 times and the game just goes black

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end

In pokescript that would almost be correct. In XSE replace the $ signs with @ signs and it should work.

Years

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end
Sounds more like your ROM is corrupted then anything else. I'd suggest starting again. ):

I recommend using XSE over PokéScript; PokéScript takes longer to script with, is more buggy, and less people use it so you're less likely to get any help.

itman

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hello.
boxset 6
release
end

Sounds more like your ROM is corrupted then anything else. I'd suggest starting again. ):

I recommend using XSE over PokéScript; PokéScript takes longer to script with, is more buggy, and less people use it so you're less likely to get any help.

If he's using poke script it would look like this.

#org $begin
Lock
Faceplayer
Message $1
Boxset 6
Release
End

#org $1
$1 1 = Hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back