• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Onyx Version

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
[RMXP] Pokémon: Onyx Version

Pokémon: Onyx Version

Made in RPG Maker XP

I will try to get some CSS or something for this, but for the time being, it'll have too do.

The Story:
Not completed yet! More to be added/taken away.
Today is your 13th birthday. On this day, you will be old enough to travel the Region of (insert Region Name here). Along your journey you will meet countless characters, solve challenging puzzle, defeat strong trainers. And become the League Champion! Team (Insert team name here) has plans to take over all the the Pokémon World, and enslave the worlds Pokémon to hard labor. You defeat this dark evil. But your job is not done; through-out the other Regions of the Pokémon world, people have other plans. Team Magma and Team Aqua are back, and are fighting again, now with new leaders. Team Rocket has returned to the Kanto Region and plan to steal all the Pokémon of loving trainers, Team Galactic have come back to try again to use Diagla, Palkia and Girantia to create a new Dimension. The Johto Region is full of Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Team Galactic Grunts trying to get Celebi to show itself, so they can travel back in time and find the Youths that disbanded them.

Features:
More to come!
Brand new Region
100+ Brand new Pokémon never seen before!
Brand new, custom made tiles.
A PokéPhone type thing - Still thinking of a name :/ Feel free to suggest a name.
Dual Screen layout.

Screenshots:
Everyone loves them!
Spoiler:

The Team:
People who are helping out.
Me (chriskid198) - I'll be mapping, scripting, I'll give spriting a shot too.

Credits:
More people who helped out! (But not actually part of the team).
Poccil - His amazing Starter Kit.
me2hack - For being a major helper so far.
klnothincomin - Outdoor Platinum rips.
KokinhoKokeiro - Rips from Platinum.

Would you like to help out?
What can you do?
Tile Spriter - A couple of these are wanted.
Fakemon/Trainer Spriter - Not desperately wanted at the moment.
Spriter - For anything else I need done; graphic related.
Engines Coder - Just someone to help me get started with coding the games engines.

Progress:
What we I have done so far.
Kanto: Planning Stages.
Johto: Planning Stages.
Hoenn: Planning Stages.
Sinnoh: Planning Stages.
(Insert Region name here): Planning stages.
Battle scene: Planning Stages.
Features: Planning stages.
Dual Screen Feature:I'm working on it..​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 5, 2021
Take a closer look at your tilesets. They seem to be off by a pixel or two in one direction. Or maybe it's because of the resolution. You shouldn't be able to see random grid lines in the grass, or by the basses of your trees.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Take a closer look at your tilesets. They seem to be off by a pixel or two in one direction. Or maybe it's because of the resolution. You shouldn't be able to see random grid lines in the grass, or by the basses of your trees.
Yes, I know. Those are not the tiles that are even going to be used. Thet are just temporary.

You must say in which language you are programming this or if its just game maker
It's in RMXP, RPG Maker XP. I'm sure I put that in somewhere.. I better add it.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Sounds interesting. It might be a little over ambitious to attempt to include every region + your own custom region. Perhaps you could start with your own custom one and expand from there once it is completed?

You could call the poke-phone an iPhione lol.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Sounds interesting. It might be a little over ambitious to attempt to include every region + your own custom region. Perhaps you could start with your own custom one and expand from there once it is completed?

You could call the poke-phone an iPhione lol.
I am making a custom one, and then expanding. But things you do in other Regions affect what happens in the Region.

Why don't use poccil's starter kit?
Too me, it seems like the easy way out of coding it. I would like to code it myself so I can learn how to do it and making my own scripts and stuff.

Dragonite Ernston

I rival Lance's.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Too me, it seems like the easy way out of coding it. I would like to code it myself so I can learn how to do it and making my own scripts and stuff.

Might want to take the whole plunge and code it using C++ and SDL if that's the case ^_^

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Nice work chris and yeah the tiles are off its pixels
It was probably just when I resized it. Read the Notes bit in the Spoiler... -.-

EDIT: How would I code the dual Screen Feature? I've looked around in the settings for ages. Also, me2hack, would you wanna create graphical stuff for me? I see in your signature that you say your moderate at it? You would have to be better then me. What do you say?

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
It was probably just when I resized it. Read the Notes bit in the Spoiler... -.-

EDIT: How would I code the dual Screen Feature? I've looked around in the settings for ages. Also, me2hack, would you wanna create graphical stuff for me? I see in your signature that you say your moderate at it? You would have to be better then me. What do you say?

Look for Crazyninjaguy's dual screen, it's not just for Essentials.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I don't think I'll have enough time to make some for you, as I'm making my own game.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
I see, I see. I'll take a look at it now.

EDIT: Well, The starter kit doesn't have a release yet... So I guess, I'll need to try and code it myself.

o_O, not his starter kit... His actual dual screen thread. Use the search threads of user feature and you should be able to find it.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
o_O, not his starter kit... His actual dual screen thread. Use the search threads of user feature and you should be able to find it.
Okay, I'll have a look.

I don't think I'll have enough time to make some for you, as I'm making my own game.
Okay.. No biggie.

If anyone sees this and can make good graphical things. Please send me a PM.

Back