• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Guardians Version [MAJOR CHANGES/UPDATES (must read)] (RECRUITING)

mhana300

Pokemon Guardians Developer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Introduction
Hello, everyone. I am mhana300 and I am currently developing my fangame, Pokemon Guardians. I am using the software RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials. My inspirations to make the game came from the likes of the_suzerain and Amethyst and their respective games. While I had absolutely no scripting knowledge going into this, I have enjoyed teaching myself very much to the point where I could make many events a reality. My inspiration for my game came from one of my favorite Pokemon movies, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. While my game has actually nothing to do with the movie, I have always found the concept of aura to be fascinating, yet unexplored in the actual games themselves. Currently, I am working on this game all by myself

Background
The Oskon region has a storied history. Founded thousands of years ago, it has been ruled peacefully by the Kobell family, who used the religious belief of Aura as a means of obtaining power. Despite using religion as a means of establishing power, the Kobell family's kingdom has been defined by integrity and trueness to the religion.
Protecting the region for all of these years are six Guardian Pokemon: Lucario, Gardevoir, Gengar, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Medicham.
Early on, there was an uprising started by those who did not believe in the power of Aura. However, the true motive was for absolute power. These people were led by Ivan. After multiple sacrifices, Darkrai and Girantina agreed to align with them against the Kingdom. After decades of mutilation brought by the legendary Pokemon, it seemed as if the kingdom was about to collapse. However, the Mystical Pokemon Mew arrived, along with the five powerful guardians and their human companions, Pokemon trainers had not yet been the norm, and defeated Darkrai and Girantina, thus ending the uprising. To ensure that no other entity could obtain such help from these Pokemon, the king at the time, Aaron Kobell, had the two legendaries vaporized and their power formulated into two stones. From there, the King traveled far and wide, and finally placed the two stones, the Sable Stone and the Wraith Stone, in two separate locations around the Oskon region.
Since the uprising, the Oskon region has enjoyed a Golden Age of peace, prosperity, and equality.

Present Day
The player is a young trainer from Aurea Village. The player receives their starter Pokemon (determined via personality quiz), a descendent of one of the six Guardian Pokemon, after having undergone a maturation process since he/she was a baby. It is from here the player becomes a Guardian Trainer, one of few left in the region, and is finally allowed to leave their bubble that is Aurea Village and represent their small town in the Oskon League!
While all seems to be going smoothly, Team Dusk arrives on the scene and longs to find these two stones in an attempt to take over the region! With the help of other trainers and a mythical Pokemon, this should be no problem at all! That is, until you begin to realize not everybody or everything is on your side... Be prepared to immerse yourself into a world of deception beyond what you'd ever believe. As a developer, all I can say is that illusions are a powerful tool...

Features
1. There will still be 8 gyms and some type of Pokemon League
2. The game will only include gens 1-6 with megas and the fairy type
3. Pokemon will follow the trainer around
4. I will insert a level cap to ensure difficulty
a. To compensate for this, I have added in a reverse rare candy item (Stale Candy)
5. Hidden areas for the player to find, filled with good items and Pokemon
6. HGSS and DPPt tilesets
7. Awesome GlitchxCity music that make the player really feel the game
8. Events that will take the player back in time to watch events, or maybe even catch Pokemon!
9. A personality/moral test will determine your starter Pokemon!
10. Custom player sprites
11. Puzzles for the player to figure out
12. Many twists from all directions. Just when you thought you could trust someone, BANG, they stab you in the back!
13. Most importantly, the player must figure out who to trust, as it could protect their life if they are not careful!
14. I am certain many features will develop in the future

Looking for Others
I am currently working on this by myself.
I am looking for:
1. Anyone that can help me save myself from hours of pixel work, in order to create trainers and sprites
2. Anyone that can map real well is also appreciated / make a town map when I finish the mapping
4. Anything else really. Thanks for reading! (Proof of work is expected)

Credits
RPG Maker XP
Pokemon Essentials by Maruno
Mej71 scripts
GlitchXCity Music
kleinwrek Pokemon following sprites
MORE CREDITS TO COME

More screenshots to come

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 10.43.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 10.43.44 PM.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 4