• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects

Years
If you're actually doing what you claim to be doing, HxD should look something like this:

SChUQiW.png

The location of my cursor in that image, which is the black vertical bar, is where your cursor should be, and is the location of 0x250C04 in the ROM.

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
If you're actually doing what you claim to be doing, HxD should look something like this:
The location of my cursor in that image, which is the black vertical bar, is where your cursor should be, and is the location of 0x250C04 in the ROM.

Thanks ! I couldn't find it with HxD's research function ^^'

Years
  • Age 22
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2016
I got it to work by using a battle script instead (along with some more lucky stumbling). I do need help on some things though, mind if I PM you with some questions?

Also, I think this really needs to be in the OP.
If you're going to be giving the moves descriptions (so basically always), you need to move and repoint the table of move description pointers. If you don't, then when you change the description pointers for new moves, it will start to overwrite the Nature names (which follow immediately after the move descriptions), even if it's a preexisting description (i.e. giving Flare Blitz Double-Edge's description). Trust me, I learned this the hard way... Some of what I'm typing here (like explaining pointers) is explained in the OP already, but just to be safe, I'm adding them.
Spoiler:

Hey there. I followed your tutorial, but now (in G3T, as PGE has been taken down) how do I repoint all the moves to their new offsets? I'm really confused :/

Miikroniix

Hopeful Hacker
Years
Hey can someone PLEEEASE send me a message saying they have PGE!!! I need it to finish this tutorial! if you have it, can you message me, and then I'll give you my email to send it to.

Oh just kidding I found using G3T works too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Broly9990

Can someone make a tutorial of this but for MrDollSteak's Rombase added to it already? It would be VERY helpful.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Can someone make a tutorial of this but for MrDollSteak's Rombase added to it already? It would be VERY helpful.

The whole point of my rombase is that you don't need to do this...
It's already extended to the max number of moves. If you read the 'howtosetupcustommoves.txt'
it will tell you, funnily enough, how to set up custom moves.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
1891200_728587797209279_331291266897042854_n.jpg

Hey guys, I followed the steps correctly though the image is uhhhmmm..... nothing...

So How to fix that? I Dont know how, In PGE, The U-TURN name is fine, in SUMMARY CHECK as well, but inside the battle, thats it! A bla buh blaH thingy appeared... So Could anyone help me?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
1891200_728587797209279_331291266897042854_n.jpg

Hey guys, I followed the steps correctly though the image is uhhhmmm..... nothing...

So How to fix that? I Dont know how, In PGE, The U-TURN name is fine, in SUMMARY CHECK as well, but inside the battle, thats it! A bla buh blaH thingy appeared... So Could anyone help me?
Well you obviously did something wrong. Try again? Or walk us through what you did.

EstebanZD

Pokémaniac
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
I have an error, I tried to make the TM23 glitch move from generation 1, who have 255 as Base Power, and absorbs the half of the inflicted damage, but it deals less damage in my game. I tried using different pokémons, but it only makes like 1-3 damage.

Last edited:

Lance32497

Years
Hello ^_^
this is my first try of moveeffect combination and I am glad that I understood everything....
well my first try is both successful and failure ahehehe...
so here is my code
Code:
00 01 5E 69 1D 08 00 00 02 03 04 05 06 07 09 0A 0E 5C 00 3A 0B 00 0C 00 0D 12 40 00 0F 12 40 00 00 02 03 1D 00 00 00 00 01 F2 7D 1D 08 01 F2 7D 1D 08 FF FF 9D F2 7D 1D 08 09 0A 10 16 00 12 40 00 15 28 47 69 1D 08
SUCCESSFUL
well, I tested that in my rom and it worked.........
FAILURE
Instead of after damaging the foe, the users speed will sharply raises, it does damage the foe and mimic the opponents last move...
what is wrong?

Lance32497

Years
How to make my newly created move generates a script?
Example
Frost Bite:
After Damaging the foe,
instead of loading "[opponent]s DEFENSE fell"
it loads "[opponent] was bitten with a cold teeth. It causes the [opponents] DEFENSE fell"

because I observed in MRDS rombase Worry Seed
It generates "[opponent] acquired Insomnia ability" script

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Sorry for bumping this but i've got some things to add. One. To know if your rom is BPRE 1.0 open it in the hex editor and look at the jumbled letters(Next to the numbers)and you should see POKEMON FIREBPRE 01. That's much easier than having to look for the presents after the gamefreak thing pops up(Or whatever it is that pops up) I just opened it up and saw that and figured that would be useful here. two. The link provided for one of the programs is invalid. Please fix that not that it matters to me since I googled the program needed here.

Back