• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Spirit Crystal [WIP NAME]

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Pokémon Spirit Crystal - Name is a WIP
I'm aware there's a johto remake called "Spirit Crystal" on this site, quite a few time. The name WILL BE CHANGED when I can think of a more suitable name.

Infomation:
This is a game that I originally planned to do, as a hack, but upon comparing the Essentials agaisnt ROM-Hacking, I found essentials alot more, well, essential for what I want.
This game is not suppose to follow the original GSC plot line, as people would expect on first glance, it's starts off very similar, and slowly but surely moves around alot, from said original plot.
This is what I would of likes johto to be like, how Team Rocket should of been in my eyes, rather than what they were.

Story:
3 Years ago, three children departed from their home in pallet town, and viridian city, and recieved a Pokémon from the famous Professor Oak, and a Pokédex.
These children were called, Red, Blue, and Green. Red was the best trainer of the three, he defeated all the Gym Leaders of Kanto, defeated the infamour Team Rocket, Became Champion, and captured all 151 Pokémon that resided in Kanto.
Rumour had it that Team Rocket returned, and when they actually returned to their usual gadgets, but Red had left the region.

During this return, Team Rocket split into two parts, The Johto Faction, and the Kanto Faction, and split to do their plans in each region, but over time The groups would cross paths, and have quarells with each other, causing terror and distrubance to the Tohjo county.

3 Years later, Two children Lyra and Ethan recieve a Pokémon from Professor Elm, and get to explore the Johto Region, Ethan, being Elm's assistance, is given the task to go to Mr. Pokémon's house, on ROute 30, where he meets the famous Prof. Oak, from Kanto.
Oak gives Ethan a Pokédex, and asks to help by filling it out, as more pokemon get discovered daily. Upon returning to Elm, with Mr. Pokémon's Parcel, Ethan comes across a red-haired trainer, who challeneges him to a battle. When reaching Elm's lab, Ethan learns this trainer had stolen the pokemon you fought.
Professor Elm then suggests you take the Gym Badge Challenge, as it'll help with the Pokédex, with that, Ethan heads off, throughout the Johto Region.

Features:

- Mega Evoloutions

- Able to catch all 251 Kanto/Johto Pokémon + More

- Re-visit Kanto and Johto, in a sweet CUstom-Gen III graphic style.

- Pokégear, with some new funky apps.

- SOme more, when I decide for some more.

- Luka-SJ's Elite Battle scripts.
better_battle_by_sera_hs-d8jewg0.gif

Screenshots:
screen_by_sera_hs-d8ivdnm.png
screen2_by_sera_hs-d8ivdnl.png

screen3_by_sera_hs-d8ivdnj.png
screen4_by_sera_hs-d8ivdnh.png

Progress:

Beta 1: 12% Complete

Credits:

Maruno - Essentials
sylver1984 - Tiles
Luka-SJ - Pokemon Elite Battle​

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Spoiler:

Working on Elm's lab, I think that's enough for mapping, so, I'll work on events tommorow.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
Years
This actually looks pretty nice.

And out of curiosity, are you going to be making Mega Evolutions of your own? Or are you just going to use the ones that already exist?

I can't say I can think of a better name than Spirit Crystal. Maybe Sacred Crystal? It's the best that I can personally think of.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
This actually looks pretty nice.

And out of curiosity, are you going to be making Mega Evolutions of your own? Or are you just going to use the ones that already exist?

I can't say I can think of a better name than Spirit Crystal. Maybe Sacred Crystal? It's the best that I can personally think of.

I'm not the best at battle sprites, I'll try make some, but if not, I'll have to use some form of public resource.

Oh, you meant original ones.
Yes, I'll try, Johto and Kanto Pokémon, I'll try to give more Mega's, but it's all about finding good looking ones, and making them possible.
As of currently, I'll only use existing ones.
Fan-made ones can come later.

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
a791b0821474a1a8ada800893408850c_500.gif

Added Starter Pokémon + Scripts.
Also; Credit to Luka-SJ for the "Pokémon Elite Battle" Kit, which is this fabulous Battle System, which I love. ~

Last edited:

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 21, 2015
Seems liken interesting game with an interesting story.

Good luck.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Woah man!! This looks amazing! I really like the screenies. it looks very promising! good luck with this!

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
I am not exactly sure how I missed this game being posted but I have to say I am disappointed that I did miss it. This thing looks sweet, easily comparable to LC and CD. Good luck, I can't wait to see where it goes.

Back