• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~The Bug Hideout~ [a Bug Type Fanclub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Welcome to the Bugs' Hideout!
tumblr_lzei6nqweW1r2j532o1_500.png

Here at the Bugs' Hideout,any bug lover can come and join the fun, as we discuss different topics regarding the beautiful, strong and highly underrated Bug Pokemon. Bug Pokemon have all sorts of typings and strong moves opponents often doubt, they have some sneaky status condition moves that can poison, paralyse and do all sorts of wonders! They've been around since the beginning and certainly deserve respect. If you're a fan of these great Pokemon, come on in, we don't bite!

Rules
214kn2.png

1.Please follow all Pokemon Club and forumwide rules.

2.Don't harass, troll or flame anybody

3. You may choose two Pokemon upon joining the club and give them nicknames if you wish :3. If you notice any bug-types have been excluded please feel free to give me a gentle nudge and point it out c:.

4. Please try and keep active!

5. Anybody can start a new topic, but only may if the current one has died for at least two days.

6. If you continuously break these rules above, the two mods Olli and Ozzy will have to be contacted and you'll also be banned from the club permanently :c. Let's make sure this doesn't happen!

7. Have fun :D!

If you have any questions regarding the club or want to put forward a suggestion PM me :3!

Sign-Up Form
rsz_joltik_nom_by_fox_feathers-d39b0n2.png

Username:
Your Partners:
What made you join?:
Answer the current topic:​

Ranks:
bugcatcher.png

Bug Catcher
Bug Maniac
Ace Trainer
Elite
Champion
Legend

These are all the ranks you can achieve while being a part of this club! I will choose whether or not you're ready to move onto the next one, so be active and make well-constructed posts to move up :3!

Partners

Combee1.png

~Members~

Rainbow Arcanine
595.png

CourageHound
AlexOzzyCake
Avishka
Hikari10

Current Topic: What made you choose your two partners?​

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Username: CourageHound
Your Partners: Scolipede and Galvantula
What made you join?: I joined because bug types are a sometimes unapreciated type that has alot of diversity and comes in alot of shapes and sizes. I beleive everyone can find at least one bug type that they like simply because of the different animals, origins, power, cuteness, etc. that adorn the many bug types.
Answer the current topic: What made you choose your two partner pokemon
I choose Scolipede for being gigantic, awesome and powerful. But really, I love its design, Bug/Poison typing and how it has characteristics of both milipedes and centipedes. Beings a giant centepede and all, I'd race across Unova on its back xD.
I choose Galvanula do to me taking a liking to it after me using it in a playthrough of my Black 1. Thus I felt it right to be one of my bug type partners.​

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Welcome to the club CourageHound :D! I agree with you there, the poor bug type Pokemon definitely deserve more respect and love. They might not look like they have the power of a bulky Machamp, defense of a sturdy Steelix or more but if you give them a chance they really shine :).

Scolipede, haha I always loved it was a giant centipede/millipede (never bothered to count the legs ;___;) It has some great stats and the typing is really unique, you don't see Bug/Poison much :(. I also love Galavantula, I haven't used it myself but the typing is awesome. An electric bug :3? Automatically one of my favourites :3. It has a huge movepool range and in general, a good Pokemon :). Nice choice of partners Courage :D!

And again, welcome to the club have fun here :3!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I choose Scolipede for being gigantic
Eheheh, I freaking love Scolipede for this reason alone. It's such a massive badass of a Pokémon upon first appearance, right up until it tries attacking you with those unimpressive stats and leaves you feeling nothing more than a scratch. IT'S SO FREAKING ADORABLE FOR THIS HNGGG IMAGINE ITS TINY SAD LITTLE FACE WHEN IT'S ALL EMBARRASSED AND STUFF. :D <3

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Your Partners: Sewaddle & Yanmega <3
What made you join?: BUGS. They're such a confusing type I love it! When you first hear "Bug type" you instantly think of weak and puny little creatures that'll die as soon as something looks at them, but then you get the brutes like Scizor and Yanmega join in the fray and make your opponents tremble in fear. There are so many incredible Bug types out there that are so underrated and these ones are the best of all, so I can't wait to discuss them all!

What made you choose your two partners?
Sewaddle is the adorablest little adorable face that has ever existed <3 It's one of those Pokémon that at first glance I thought "Oh god, what is that thing?" and Swadloon certainly didn't help this case, but after seeing the family appear more and more and watching how cute Sewaddle appeared in the anime coupled with using one in-game for a play-through, they soon grew to be one of my favourite Pokémon families created thus far. Sewaddle is a complete little bundle of adorableness and for that reason alone I adore every single shred of its existence. n.n

As for Yanmega, it's more for battling reasons that I grew to love this monstrosity. At first this was another Pokémon that left me thinking "Why on earth did they give that cute little bug a horrid evolution like this?", but as soon as it came up in a random battle I was forced to use it and I instantly loved it. As soon as I got out of the battle Yanmega was added to my team and now forms a staple part of every team I use. The Speed Boost ability coupled with support moves such as Protect and U-Turn make Yanmega an absolute brute of a Pokémon to come up against and it can easily sweep a large portion of an opponent's team without too much setting up. After having used it for so long, I've grown to see Yanmega as a huge cutiepie just wanting to be loved. :D

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Your Partners: Scizor and Heracross
What made you join?:Bug types are a bit underrated and unpopular, but that doesn't make them one of the most interesting typing there is! Because they are! They've basically been pretty much ignored and seen as a nuisance untill the Volcarona line was introduced. A lot of the Bug Pokémon are actually cute, and some pretty strong to, and overall they're just very underrated.

Answer the current topic:
What made you choose your two partners?
Scizor is a simple one. It's design and speed are amazing, it way of transportation using it's super-speedy wings is extra cool and I love the variety of moves it can learn -- such as Bullet Punch, Night Slash and X-Scissor.
I like to concept of Heracross as well. I love how those beetles' irl are interpreted into Pokemon -- known to be strong and tough irl, we see that Heracross in Pokemon is also pretty hardy and a fighting type to match the bill.

Years
Username: Hikari10
Your Partners: Leavanny and Yanmega
What made you join?: The fact that Bug Pokemon are so interesting!

Answer the current topic:

I picked Leavanny cos I love its evolution line and it's very handy and I used one early in Black 2 and its good stats helped me until I got a Roselia. Leavanny also has good stats and a good movepool to show it off, plus I love its anime voice too!

Yanmega has high Speed and Sp. Attack, and learns two good moves to showcase that stat - Bug Buzz and Air Slash, which hit really hard. I also often I only catch females when possible so I can have one like Jessie's in the anime, which was confirmed as female. Also, I love how useful its abilities are as well. Tinted Lens can help strengthen its attacks against types resistant to Bug and Flying, while Speed Boost makes Yanmega faster before the opponent even knows it.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hey welcome everyone :D! Haha, I love Scolipede for being gigantic. It appears fearsome and a powerful attacker and then when you fear the worst, it barely leaves a mark :3. Poor Scolipede ;___;, but it's adorable when that happens and you're just standing there going "What just happened?" I also love it for being a giant centipede/millipede, (Challenge: Count the legs if you wish c:)

SEWADDLE <3333333333333. ASDJRFNEKTMERERIKWEMJRTITE, it's adorable! It has a good typing Bug/Grass giving it several status moves and just look at those cute eyes :3. I only hate its 4x Weakness, that's a real pain :(.But with it's evolutions speed and power, Sewaddle is a decent fighter and Leavanny from what I've seen is amazing <3! Agile but deadly one might describe it :3. But an adorable, good Pokemon? I love you Sewaddle <3.

Yanmega *fangirl screaming* <3. It has a wonderful ability to match its deadly moves, once it has had a couple of speed boosts and few stat raisers any opponent huge,small, legendary, defensive is gone :3. It learns some good moves that can get it out of a tricky situation i.e U-turn and is just a badass Pokemon in general <33333. I have to say I don't like those eyes though :c. Welcome to the club though Ozzy :3, have fun here <3! its mandatory

Hey Avishka :333, welcome! I agree with you there, they're definitely a fascinating type :). They're really unpopular for some sad reason :c, most people hear the word bug like Alex mentioned and then automatically think of a puny, useless creature :<, but they're so much more than that :D!

Scizor <333. Amazing :333. Bug/Steel makes it a bulky,fast and deadly attacker which is an unbelieable combination with sneaky attacks like mentioned, Bullet Punch,Night Slash etc. Love the little beauty <333.

And Heracross! My first bug Pokemon I ever owned, it was amazing with all of its moves and TMs. The design was cute and simple, it's just great :3.

Hey Hikari n_n! Good choices you have there, Yanmega <3333. Leavanny is amazing, so quick in a flash and has powerful moves. Brilliant and adorable :3. Welcome guys, have fun here!~

Years
Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
Your Partners:
Maitre D'
047MS.png
and Bonnie
416MS.png

What made you join?:
I joined because I love bug types! They're incredibly underrated, and one of (if not) the most fun types to use! I love how diverse they are, and some of their designs are awesome. They also tend to learn really interesting moves, and have really different movesets/uses in battle from each other. I also love all the interesting tpe combinations bug has been paired with, it makes bug type pokemon really fun to use!

Answer the current topic: What made you choose your two partners?
To start off, I love parasect. It's design is so awesome, it's just a zombie! It's got a squishy mushroom back (mushy giant friiiiieeend! (points if you know what that's from!)) and even though it's weak to everything that looks its way, it's surprisingly resilient! Whenever I use one, it becomes one of the strongest members on my team! And I love abusing spore, it's so much fun :DD

As for vespiquen, I just love everything about her. Forst off I love her design! For some reason I really like how she has a ball for a mid section, it just makes her look awesome! And I really like ho the dress part is a bunch of honeycomb, (or combee, ew) it's just really smart! And then her pinched little face! :) But my favorite thing has to be that you can hit her with a truck, and its like you merely poked her with a feather. DAT DEFENSE! And then her signature moves are just plain fun! I could go on and on, but I'll stop now lol.

CourageHound

Years
Scolipede, haha I always loved it was a giant centipede/millipede (never bothered to count the legs ;___;) It has some great stats and the typing is really unique, you don't see Bug/Poison much :(. I also love Galavantula, I haven't used it myself but the typing is awesome. An electric bug :3? Automatically one of my favourites :3. It has a huge movepool range and in general, a good Pokemon :). Nice choice of partners Courage :D!

And again, welcome to the club have fun here :3!

Very well said, thanks! :D I love using Scolipede and Galvantula on my Unova team.

It's such a massive badass of a Pokémon upon first appearance, right up until it tries attacking you with those unimpressive stats and leaves you feeling nothing more than a scratch.

It appears fearsome and a powerful attacker and then when you fear the worst, it barely leaves a mark :3. Poor Scolipede ;___;, but it's adorable when that happens and you're just standing there going "What just happened?")

:bandit: .....what is this??? *cough* swords dance, swarm, STAB boosted MegaHorn *cough*
Fear the Scolipede! Its adorable AND a beast!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
:bandit: .....what is this??? *cough* swords dance, swarm, STAB boosted MegaHorn *cough*
Fear the Scolipede! Its adorable AND a beast!
Ehh, I'm still not rating it as much of a threat haha. With it's awful bulk (despite being a huge lump of fat!) it would never last long enough to get those boosts D: Unless you ran a bulky Scolipede in which case it wouldn't have the Speed to use them, unless you went for fast and bulky then it won't have the Attack to pull them off. Basically it's just a Pokémon which is rather lacking imo, it does a lot at once but doesn't do any of it very well. I expected more from such a big derpy fatty </3

Years
Welcome to the club Golurk!

And why did you choose Parasect and Vespiquen? Cos they seem like interesting choices.

I love how bulky Vespiquen is, I remember watching the old Marriland's Pokemon Diamond Adventure videos and he used one on his team. She's very bulky with her good defensive stats and her unique Defend Order to raise those defenses even further, once she gets a few Defend Orders in she's tough to take down.

Also, her Pressure ability allows her to eat away at her opponent's PP really quickly, which is neat.

Parasect learns some great moves, it can put opponents to sleep with Spore, which is helpful when catching a Pokemon. And I just love those beady eyes it has too!

Years
Username: Honeyman
Your Partners: Rockington the Shuckle and Viking the Pinsir
What made you join?: Bug types are my favorite type. They come in vast numbers, and are pretty well rounded stat-wise. I love a lot of bug types like Foretress, Beedrill, Yanmega, and Galvantula, but my favorites come down to Shuckle and Pinsir.
Answer the current topic: They are both my two favorite bug Pokemon. Shuckle is my third favorite Pokemon overall, mostly due to its massive defenses, and it is just adorable. Pinsir is almost the opposite. Great offensive capabilities, and a fearsome appearance just really makes me wish for an evolution in the future, something like a Viking, which gave my Pinsir his name.

Bug types. Probably the only type to have its own Safari Zone-like minigame.

CourageHound

Years
:o We are doing nicknames?? If that's so i'd like to nickname
545MS.png
: Centapoid and
596MS.png
Circuit

But ya know,
545MS.png
's usefulness isnt just from pure offense. Scolipede is also the fastest user of both spikes and toxic spikes.

Username: Honeyman
Your Partners: Rockington the Shuckle and Viking the Pinsir
What made you join?: Bug types are my favorite type. They come in vast numbers, and are pretty well rounded stat-wise. I love a lot of bug types like Foretress, Beedrill, Yanmega, and Galvantula, but my favorites come down to Shuckle and Pinsir.
Answer the current topic: They are both my two favorite bug Pokemon. Shuckle is my third favorite Pokemon overall, mostly due to its massive defenses, and it is just adorable. Pinsir is almost the opposite. Great offensive capabilities, and a fearsome appearance just really makes me wish for an evolution in the future, something like a Viking, which gave my Pinsir his name.

Bug types. Probably the only type to have its own Safari Zone-like minigame.

Welcome to the club! A mountain of defense and a truck load of offense. I like it :). So what's your position on the Herracross vs Pinsir debate?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Ahh welcome Golurk and Honeyman! <3. We're doing nicknames, so if you want to add one to your Pokemon feel free to ask :3. Ahh bug types are such a fun type to use in battling, with different sorts of status conditions, interesting abilities, underrated moves and usually some great stats to match :3. They're definitely one of the most underrated out there I have to agree XD;.As for Parasect, it's always been an interesting Pokemon too me, it's rather slow and that 4x weakness to fire is really disappointing seeing all the wonders it can do, such as spore, inflict several status conditions some cool moves. But it definitely does look like a zombie with those eyes~

And Vespiquen is brilliant too! It looks like one of the queen bees, bees are amazing animals with a sneaky defence system and the way they change the environment is great <3. Vespiquen has some cool moves of its own, etc. Healing Order and I personally like it.

Hey Honeyman, welcome :3.Shuckle really is an interesting bug type, with a unique combo, beastly defense, but it's slow and has a poor attack stat. Power trick however makes it a killer if it has a chance to attack.

But yeah guys welcome to the club and have fun :D! Also I'm thinking of creating a special contest for all of you when we have a few more members as suggested by Golurk <3, any suggestions feel free to VM or PM them to me :D.

CourageHound

Years
HMM, I was thinking of suggesting a new topic, but maybe we should wait for more members?

Meh, I'll just post it and see what you guys think. In a monotype vs mono type battle, which types would bug have the hardest time fighting off?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
HMM, I was thinking of suggesting a new topic, but maybe we should wait for more members?

Meh, I'll just post it and see what you guys think. In a monotype vs mono type battle, which types would bug have the hardest time fighting off?
Interesting question! I'd go for Steel. They can cover most of their weaknesses quite easily (Rock with Scizor, Flying and Fire with multiple Pokémon) but as far as resistances go, I think Steel has most bug types pegged. There are one or two Bugs like Volcarona which are capable of bashing through one or two, but unless they have the proper support behind them I highly doubt it'd be enough to win the match :p

Years
Pinsir and Heracross can learn great fighting moves.
Shuckle, Armaldo, and Crustle can easily learn ground moves.
And Volcarona...
Need I say more?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pinsir and Heracross can learn great fighting moves.
Shuckle, Armaldo, and Crustle can easily learn ground moves.
And Volcarona...
Need I say more?

Yup, that's a great point lmao. So what type would you suggest instead?

CourageHound

Years
I think the hardest type to fight would be fire.

Or more specifically, Heatran. While holding choice scarf he outspeed and destroys every bug type with a fighting move that outspeeds it, and with ballon it can alleviate its issue of ground type moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back