• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hopes for next mystery dungeon game

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
I'm starting this thread because I've been playing the mystery dungeon series (except for gates to infinity), and I realized, game freak should make another mystery dungeon game! (It's possible)

I want the playable characters to be Pikachu, all the starters, Riolu, Zorua, Eevee, Flabebe, Pancham and Helioptile.

I want the story to be emotional like the first mystery dungeon games, I mean really emotional (I cried like a baby when I played when I played Red Rescue Team XD)

Why wont you guys tell me your hopes, opinions, whatever! XD

Also Personality Quiz please!!!!!!!!

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
I think it would be cool if you could personalize your Pokémon to make him or her slightly different from the other Pokémon of its species.

Also, I agree about the sad story. One of the few tear-inducing games that 've played.

I think that they shouldn't change too much. Stick with what works.

Shhmew

Years
Well, I was a huuuge fan of Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity really really disappointed me.

I'd like to see something with similar graphics to Gates to Infinity (they were very nice) but, with as much content as, if not more than, Explorers of Sky. Because that really was a monster of a game, and set up huge expectations for future Mystery Dungeon games, which Gates to Infinity definitely just did not live up to.

First and foremost, I hated that you could only start with Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova starters. And those were your only partner options as well. Not only that, but there were very few Pokemon you could befriend and all that. Not even all the Unova pokemon were in the game. I do love Pikachu and Axew, and while the Unova starters aren't terrible, they also aren't the best choices to me. In the next game I would LOVE if you could again be every single starter, including some others like Pikachu, Axew, and the old ones like Eevee, Meowth, Vulpix, Riolu, Phanpy, etc. Maybe some Kalos Pokemon could include Litleo, Pancham, maybe Goomy...? haha. Regardless I'd just like a lot more options than Gates to Infinity had.

I'm kind of mixed on the personality test. They are definitely a lot of fun, but most people are just after the specific Pokemon they want anyway, so they'll manipulate their answers to get that Pokemon, which overall makes the personality test a waste of time. I'd be fine either way.

Anyway, the lack of Pokemon also contributed to how boring it was. In Explorers of Sky, I spent hours upon hours trying to recruit all the Pokemon. It made for a really fun mini side quest thing. And getting the legendaries was actually very difficult; in Gates to Infinity, Virizion and Keldeo just join your team automatically. It's just overly boring.

Secondly, the game was pretty darn short. I finished it very fast and there was hardly anything to do after the main story was beat, which is the complete opposite of Explorers of Sky, where it felt like beating the storyline was just the beginning of the game. It just got very boring very fast...

There's other nitpicky stuff, like I hated the DLC (why can't I work to unlock things rather than pay?), I didn't relate to these characters nearly as well, and other stuff I don't care to think of right now.

There are, however, very few features I might like in Gates to Infinity that weren't in Explorers of Sky. I'm conflicted about them though, since they make the game 100x easier and kind of, once again, add to the boringness: No hunger, TMs being used over and over again, and teammates get exp points even when not brought in the dungeon.

But since this isn't an Explorers of Sky vs Gates to Infinity thread, I won't go into it.

TLDR: Here's some things from the older games I'd still like implemented.

-Have more Pokemon to choose from as your starter and partner: ALL the starters as well as a few others like Eevee, Pikachu, etc. and possibly Kalos pokemon like Litleo, Pancham, Goomy, etc.
-Keep away the personality test. (I wouldn't care too much either way, it adds a more personal touch, but ultimately it seems people manipulate it to get what they want anyway)
-Include every Pokemon (or at the very least, all but a few) to be able to be recruited, just like in Explorers of Sky days. It was fun recruiting them.
-STOP WITH THE DLC! This is probably very unlikely, since it's easy to do now with the 3DS and they're just wanting money and whatever etc etc, but I'd much rather work for more things to do than pay for it. (not just because I'm broke, but Pokemon has always been DLC-free and I've always loved the accomplished feeling of getting things after hours of trying, instead of just, here's my money. thanks.)
-Keep the 3D models. I really like them; even though the pixelly-ness really contributed to the feel of old Mystery Dungeon games, I love how beautiful Gates to Infinity was. It and the music were stunning. (Don't really need to worry about music though, as every Mystery Dungeon has consistently had striking music)
-Longer, more intricate storyline, and more to do during/after the story. Gates to Infinity was seriously lacking this and I'd like to see more in the way of things to do. The little side quests in Explorers of Sky were fantastic. Also I'd like characters to be more unique and have more depth to them... might have just been me but I didn't really feel this as much in Gates to Infinity.
-Keep TMs reusable. While this did make the game quite a bit easier... I would like to keep it this way, to keep consistent. I prefer it any way because it's much more convenient. I wouldn't totally care if this wasn't kept the same, but it probably would be, considering it's this way in the newer main series games.
-Keep away hunger. Now, this is a tricky one... while I liked not having to worry about it, hunger was really a way of keeping me on my toes and making the game more engaging and difficult. That said, it also got a bit ridiculous at times, having to fill SO many slots in your bag with apples just to make it through a dungeon. So I'd say keep it away, at least for the storyline.

In the way of new things,

-Put it on the Wii U. Crazy idea, but my boyfriend and I were talking about this before. Nintendo's Wii U was a good idea in theory, but they haven't really had many games that take advantage of the dual screens (handheld-screen) thing. I think they could make a stunning Mystery Dungeon game on this system and it'd definitely help the Wii U with sales considering it's seriously not doing so great. Mystery dungeon on a console just sounds quite interesting and I'd love to see it if they could pull it off. If not handhelds are fine, I like bringing the game with me wherever I go.

...and well that's all I can think of really. I agree not too many new things should be added, since the old games just really work, and they've been diverse/large/unique/engaging enough to pull off doing roughly the same thing each time, just making something about it more fresh. All I really ask for is the diverse options in Explorers of Sky (I mean come on, they already did it) to be put into a game with graphics on the level of Gates to Infinity (or better, of course). If they can think of some other amazing things, awesome, I'd love to see them... but, I'm not very good at coming up with game ideas myself! I'm more into experiencing them and taking them as they are. (Gates to Infinity was just hard to accept because it was pretty much a complete, obvious downgrade of Explorers of Sky)

(sorry about the wall of text! I just love mystery dungeon so much and I just hope and pray that the next Mystery Dungeon won't disappoint me so hard like Gates to Infinity did...)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Here are my hopes for the next PMD game:

-A strong storyline
-A lot of post-game content (like the Rescue Team or Explorers games, not like GtI)
-All Pokemon obtainable (maybe except the three new event Pokemon)
-More starters to choose from, not just Pikachu, the regional starters, and a random Pokemon
-Bring back infinite storage space
-Bring back stack missions (as in the ability to do more missions at once in one dungeon)
-Re-usable TM's
-Move levels
-No annoyingly rare Pokemon like Mew in the first PMD games
-If they bring back personality tests, make it so that it doesn't define your starter, but instead defines its personality and nature

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
I think it would be cool if you could personalize your Pokémon to make him or her slightly different from the other Pokémon of its species.

Also, I agree about the sad story. One of the few tear-inducing games that 've played.

I think that they shouldn't change too much. Stick with what works.
Yeah, I agree with you :) Mystery dungeon series will always be one of my favorites

Well, I was a huuuge fan of Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity really really disappointed me.

I'd like to see something with similar graphics to Gates to Infinity (they were very nice) but, with as much content as, if not more than, Explorers of Sky. Because that really was a monster of a game, and set up huge expectations for future Mystery Dungeon games, which Gates to Infinity definitely just did not live up to.

First and foremost, I hated that you could only start with Pikachu, Axew, and the Unova starters. And those were your only partner options as well. Not only that, but there were very few Pokemon you could befriend and all that. Not even all the Unova pokemon were in the game. I do love Pikachu and Axew, and while the Unova starters aren't terrible, they also aren't the best choices to me. In the next game I would LOVE if you could again be every single starter, including some others like Pikachu, Axew, and the old ones like Eevee, Meowth, Vulpix, Riolu, Phanpy, etc. Maybe some Kalos Pokemon could include Litleo, Pancham, maybe Goomy...? haha. Regardless I'd just like a lot more options than Gates to Infinity had.

I'm kind of mixed on the personality test. They are definitely a lot of fun, but most people are just after the specific Pokemon they want anyway, so they'll manipulate their answers to get that Pokemon, which overall makes the personality test a waste of time. I'd be fine either way.

Anyway, the lack of Pokemon also contributed to how boring it was. In Explorers of Sky, I spent hours upon hours trying to recruit all the Pokemon. It made for a really fun mini side quest thing. And getting the legendaries was actually very difficult; in Gates to Infinity, Virizion and Keldeo just join your team automatically. It's just overly boring.

Secondly, the game was pretty darn short. I finished it very fast and there was hardly anything to do after the main story was beat, which is the complete opposite of Explorers of Sky, where it felt like beating the storyline was just the beginning of the game. It just got very boring very fast...

There's other nitpicky stuff, like I hated the DLC (why can't I work to unlock things rather than pay?), I didn't relate to these characters nearly as well, and other stuff I don't care to think of right now.

There are, however, very few features I might like in Gates to Infinity that weren't in Explorers of Sky. I'm conflicted about them though, since they make the game 100x easier and kind of, once again, add to the boringness: No hunger, TMs being used over and over again, and teammates get exp points even when not brought in the dungeon.

But since this isn't an Explorers of Sky vs Gates to Infinity thread, I won't go into it.

TLDR: Here's some things from the older games I'd still like implemented.

-Have more Pokemon to choose from as your starter and partner: ALL the starters as well as a few others like Eevee, Pikachu, etc. and possibly Kalos pokemon like Litleo, Pancham, Goomy, etc.
-Keep away the personality test. (I wouldn't care too much either way, it adds a more personal touch, but ultimately it seems people manipulate it to get what they want anyway)
-Include every Pokemon (or at the very least, all but a few) to be able to be recruited, just like in Explorers of Sky days. It was fun recruiting them.
-STOP WITH THE DLC! This is probably very unlikely, since it's easy to do now with the 3DS and they're just wanting money and whatever etc etc, but I'd much rather work for more things to do than pay for it. (not just because I'm broke, but Pokemon has always been DLC-free and I've always loved the accomplished feeling of getting things after hours of trying, instead of just, here's my money. thanks.)
-Keep the 3D models. I really like them; even though the pixelly-ness really contributed to the feel of old Mystery Dungeon games, I love how beautiful Gates to Infinity was. It and the music were stunning. (Don't really need to worry about music though, as every Mystery Dungeon has consistently had striking music)
-Longer, more intricate storyline, and more to do during/after the story. Gates to Infinity was seriously lacking this and I'd like to see more in the way of things to do. The little side quests in Explorers of Sky were fantastic. Also I'd like characters to be more unique and have more depth to them... might have just been me but I didn't really feel this as much in Gates to Infinity.
-Keep TMs reusable. While this did make the game quite a bit easier... I would like to keep it this way, to keep consistent. I prefer it any way because it's much more convenient. I wouldn't totally care if this wasn't kept the same, but it probably would be, considering it's this way in the newer main series games.
-Keep away hunger. Now, this is a tricky one... while I liked not having to worry about it, hunger was really a way of keeping me on my toes and making the game more engaging and difficult. That said, it also got a bit ridiculous at times, having to fill SO many slots in your bag with apples just to make it through a dungeon. So I'd say keep it away, at least for the storyline.

In the way of new things,

-Put it on the Wii U. Crazy idea, but my boyfriend and I were talking about this before. Nintendo's Wii U was a good idea in theory, but they haven't really had many games that take advantage of the dual screens (handheld-screen) thing. I think they could make a stunning Mystery Dungeon game on this system and it'd definitely help the Wii U with sales considering it's seriously not doing so great. Mystery dungeon on a console just sounds quite interesting and I'd love to see it if they could pull it off. If not handhelds are fine, I like bringing the game with me wherever I go.

...and well that's all I can think of really. I agree not too many new things should be added, since the old games just really work, and they've been diverse/large/unique/engaging enough to pull off doing roughly the same thing each time, just making something about it more fresh. All I really ask for is the diverse options in Explorers of Sky (I mean come on, they already did it) to be put into a game with graphics on the level of Gates to Infinity (or better, of course). If they can think of some other amazing things, awesome, I'd love to see them... but, I'm not very good at coming up with game ideas myself! I'm more into experiencing them and taking them as they are. (Gates to Infinity was just hard to accept because it was pretty much a complete, obvious downgrade of Explorers of Sky)

(sorry about the wall of text! I just love mystery dungeon so much and I just hope and pray that the next Mystery Dungeon won't disappoint me so hard like Gates to Infinity did...)
Actually, I was planning to buy gates to infinity, and I'll see if it's good or not...

Here are my hopes for the next PMD game:

-A strong storyline
-A lot of post-game content (like the Rescue Team or Explorers games, not like GtI)
-All Pokemon obtainable (maybe except the three new event Pokemon)
-More starters to choose from, not just Pikachu, the regional starters, and a random Pokemon
-Bring back infinite storage space
-Bring back stack missions (as in the ability to do more missions at once in one dungeon)
-Re-usable TM's
-Move levels
-No annoyingly rare Pokemon like Mew in the first PMD games
-If they bring back personality tests, make it so that it doesn't define your starter, but instead defines its personality and nature

I agree with you defining personality and nature (I have a random personality, it means sometimes calm, sometimes, crazy, sometimes serious, etc.) I want a froakie that has a personality of me

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I for one HATED Gates to Infinity. It wasn't as engaging as the previous entries, with a shorter story line, bland characters (to me at least), and I honestly just refused to finish the game.

I think the main thing that p*ssed me off was that you HAD to play as a male. And your partner had to be male. This wouldn't bug me as much if I wasn't female a Hero x Partner shipper. Sorry to bring shipping into this but I like playing as a girl with a boy partner. While it wasn't apparent what gender your partner was in Blue/Red Rescue Team, I would always have one of each in Explorers of Time and Sky. The gender option was also in the Japanese version of the game but removed in the English release for some stupid reason.

The graphics did look nice but I prefer the 2D sprites of the previous games. They just seem more traditional and better to me.

And why put only 5 options for Pokemon in? The only Pokemon I actually liked from those was Oshawott.

So the things I would love to see from a new Mystery Dungeon game:

o More options for Pokemon - I honestly don't like to be limited on my options would love to have a wide range to chose from for my hero and partner.

o 3D graphics - I know I said I preferred the sprites but let's face it. Since they'll probably release the next game on the 3DS they'll probably use 3D models. At least they don't awful.

o Gender options - Please for the love of God!

o Stop with the DLC - I never even used it but based on what Shhmew said, it doesn't like to much of a useful thing.

o Make the characters more interesting - The best thing about the characters in GtI was Swanna's little Call Me Maybe moment. The rest of them were just so monotonous. I want Wigglytuff's Guild level of interesting. I seriously love those guys.

o Make it longer - I have gotten quite good at playing Sky and can finish the entire thing within a week but I love going through all of the content that is added into it everytime I replay it. I currently playing again as I'm typing this to be honest and I still love it. So yeah, extra stuff.

o Make it harder - The last 2 points sounded like sexual innuendos. In all seriousness, Infinity is easy. Sky and especially Blue kept me on my toes the whole time. I have to think strategically a lot of the time.

o Feature all 718 Pokemon - Please. There were only a minimal amount of Pokemon in GtI.

Sorry for my little rant there but my negative opinions on Infinity are strong.

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
I for one HATED Gates to Infinity. It wasn't as engaging as the previous entries, with a shorter story line, bland characters (to me at least), and I honestly just refused to finish the game.

I think the main thing that p*ssed me off was that you HAD to play as a male. And your partner had to be male. This wouldn't bug me as much if I wasn't female a Hero x Partner shipper. Sorry to bring shipping into this but I like playing as a girl with a boy partner. While it wasn't apparent what gender your partner was in Blue/Red Rescue Team, I would always have one of each in Explorers of Time and Sky. The gender option was also in the Japanese version of the game but removed in the English release for some stupid reason.

The graphics did look nice but I prefer the 2D sprites of the previous games. They just seem more traditional and better to me.

And why put only 5 options for Pokemon in? The only Pokemon I actually liked from those was Oshawott.

So the things I would love to see from a new Mystery Dungeon game:

o More options for Pokemon - I honestly don't like to be limited on my options would love to have a wide range to chose from for my hero and partner.

o 3D graphics - I know I said I preferred the sprites but let's face it. Since they'll probably release the next game on the 3DS they'll probably use 3D models. At least they don't awful.

o Gender options - Please for the love of God!

o Stop with the DLC - I never even used it but based on what Shhmew said, it doesn't like to much of a useful thing.

o Make the characters more interesting - The best thing about the characters in GtI was Swanna's little Call Me Maybe moment. The rest of them were just so monotonous. I want Wigglytuff's Guild level of interesting. I seriously love those guys.

o Make it longer - I have gotten quite good at playing Sky and can finish the entire thing within a week but I love going through all of the content that is added into it everytime I replay it. I currently playing again as I'm typing this to be honest and I still love it. So yeah, extra stuff.

o Make it harder - The last 2 points sounded like sexual innuendos. In all seriousness, Infinity is easy. Sky and especially Blue kept me on my toes the whole time. I have to think strategically a lot of the time.

o Feature all 718 Pokemon - Please. There were only a minimal amount of Pokemon in GtI.

Sorry for my little rant there but my negative opinions on Infinity are strong.
Wow, a lot of negatives in GtI, kinda surprised. I'm going to buy it to complete my collection of MD series, even though it sucks for people.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
Wow, a lot of negatives in GtI, kinda surprised. I'm going to buy it to complete my collection of MD series, even though it sucks for people.

Yeah... I feel bad speaking so badly of it since I love the Mystery Dungeon series so much. Maybe it's just because Sky set such a high bar for future games. At least they tried but Infinity could never top Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and even Blue/Red Rescue Team.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Be more like Explorers of Sky in tone and less Gates to Infinity. That's all I really want.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Have to agree with Dan; it'd be pretty sweet if you could personalize your Pokémon. We already have player customization feature in X and Y, so I suppose it shouldn't be too hard to copy it into PMD. Another thing I'd like to see is have the story take place in Kalos--a pre-historic one. Either that, or Hoenn. Hoenn's one of my all-time favorite regions; I just love it. :]

Years
As I said in the Incredibly Wandering Thread, I felt there was a lot to like about Gates to Infinity, such as Companion Mode, and being able to build your own facilities like Join Avenue in BW2. But as many people said, there are negatives, so I will say there is stuff to be fixed.

Aside from what's already been said, here is one thing I seriously hope is fixed:

NO MORE HAVING TO PUT UP WITH OBNOXIOUSLY SLOW TEXT SPEEDS. Seriously, that's probably the only reason the game felt long to me (or at least not as short as everyone makes it out to be). I'd rather put up with BW(2)'s excessive dialogue than that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
So, GTI is my second favourite game of all time. Like, only Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door has brought me more enjoyment, and I love GTI for a lot of reasons that you guys say it doesn't deliver on. I loved the characters; Victini was hilarious, Cofagrigus was as well, Virizion is downright detestable and grows to be likeable, Dunsparce was quite relatable, etc, etc. The only characters I didn't like were Pikachu and Axew. They were incredibly boring and cookie cutter protagonists, but it's forgivable considering every other character incited some sort of emotional response.The content, SO VERY MUCH! I never get bored; with both request boards offering completely different challenges, Paradise being built, the Paradise mini games, a decent amount of Pokemon you can recruit and use in dungeons for a different experience than Haxorus and Raichu, finding Magnagates (it's so damn fun finding objects in the real world, it gives you new dungeons, and adds to your item stockpile for taking on tough dungeons), and the DLC extends the length, especially The Ultimate Wilds.
The story, oh god the story... I cried at the end. Like, sure they ruined it by having
Spoiler:
, but it was just so damn emotional. The whole dark tone of the story was so refreshing after the boring stories of the mainstream Pokemon games (nothing against regular Pokemon games; Emerald is one of my favourite games), and it's just SO SATISFYING defeating Kyurem at the end!
So, I've never played a prior MD game, but GTI is just an amazing experience for me. Is it just because I've never played Explorers of the Sky? Will I like that one better?

Years
1. New Recruitment Routine. I don't see why "defeating" a pokemon will make it want to join. Maybe doing a quest for a pokemon, whether it is one or a few, should motivate them to join your team. (Or a pokemon-equivalent Shin Megami Tensei style of responding to multiple questions in the correct way in order to convince a potential recruit.)

2. Rewarding Objectives

Each dungeon area should have a gang of sorts headed by a leader; in order to unlock quests, you must navigate through the dungeon and defeat that gang (perhaps mini bosses on some levels, that join up with the gang at the end to have some challenge to getting to the end).

And perhaps, each leader of these dungeons is governed by a higher-up. Which could be another human transformed into a powerful legendary. Essentially, in the same position as you, except, abused their power as a pokemon to establish a hierarchy and seek power/possessions.

For me, the "bosses" rarely feel like bosses. No character or relation to their environment.

3. Storyline and Dungeon Character/Distinction

I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything when I go through a dungeon, if each dungeon had more personality and characters I'd be more compelled. Further, the storyline would also improve with change in character, objectives, and scenery. Each dungeon should feel like another world, distinct and idiosyncratic!

To be honest, I don't think I could design a pokemon main series game as well as GF. But in respect to PMD, it's all potential, but poorly executed in many respects. I think these changes would make the game more rewarding and worth the investment. These adjustments should supplement the need for so much boring dialogue and expedite the flood of text boxes while also improving the actually story. Less is more for text. (The more should be put into the atmosphere in this sort of game.)

GTI by far worst pokemon storyline/text of any pokemon game. So dissappointing with those amazing graphics and new cast of gen V pokemon.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
1. CHOICES for Partner / Hero
I really loved how I could have basically a combination of almost every type for partner/hero in Gen 4 PMD but we only got like 5 choices this time around, with Axew being more OP than the others.

2. Text Speed Option
In every other Pokemon game we were able to pick our text speed, and having a slow one was excruciatingly painful for me especially since I'm a naturally fast reader.

3. Not just aimed at kids and delivering messages
Playing GTI felt like I was watching a kid's show. Every hour or so someone would deliver a "life lesson" so obviously and not subtle at all it was like the game was constantly reminding me I was playing a kid's game.

4. More Pokemon to befriend
I don't know how many Pokemon were in GTI exactly, but I never saw the variety I did in Gen 3+4 PMD in GTI.

5. Larger/harder dungeons
I might get shot for saying this, but the dungeons in GTI were never much of a challenge. Ok, well, maybe not the 60F+ dungeons that are required for storyline, but I say bring back the 40F dungeons! Woo.

6. Longer/stronger story line~!
GTI was really short, which I find shocking because half of it must have been spent reading text.

7. Gender options. Not just randomly delivered ones, since they'll most likely be male =/

8. Let us do more than 1 job at a time.

Yeah that's it I guess. ;~; Unfortunately a lot of negatives, but I honestly believe GTI was poorly done in terms of actual content and not looks. I honestly don't even care for the graphics that much and I would much prefer that they go back to the old ones and include all Pokemon (since I'm guessing the lack of Pokemon is that they couldn't make 3D models for each? I actually have no idea) than stay with these.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
I would like to see a surprise return from Grovyle and maybe Dusknoir in a future PMD game. Grovyle was seriously epic. I think PMD: Sky was the best one, especially with the Special Episodes. Into the Future of Darkness was the best. Also if they included something like the sky jukebox again, maybe with older tunes like Temporal tower, or Spacial Cliffs (from Into the Future of Darkness). Those two were seriously my favorite tunes from that game. That, maybe with the 3D sprites, would make for an awesome game. Just keep it close to PMD: Sky.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I've only played Gates To Infinity, because my friend gave it to me. I love it because Black and Black 2 have some of my favourite Pokemon but I definitely agree that the next Mystery Dungeon game should be amazing. Especially since we've got Kalos and it's amazing 3D now. . . Just imagine playing as a Fennekin, or Helioptile, or Inkay. . . *o* And with Xerneas and Yvetal! I'm sure their whole destruction and creation thing would play a HUGE part in a new Mystery Dungeon game!

ThorhianTheUltimate

No, im not Thorzain
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
I cant stand Gates of Infinity, couldnt even finish the game. Ill happily play Blue/time/Sky instead. The only thing good about it was the graphics they implemented, which honestly makes me think that it was the reason for the small pokemon pool in the game. Im wondering a lot of those models came from Game Freak when they were creating X/Y.

Anyways, the next PMD game should firstly
1. Bring back more 99 Level dungeons (I bet someone is going to kill me for saying that, but Purity forest was too much fun >=D) I don't want just one that I have to buy via DLC.
2. As refered to in 1, get rid of DLC unless it adds a GOOD amount of content. Unfortunately, most publishers/studios don't know how to do that...
3. Bring back hunger
4. Bring back infinite storage like in Blue/Red
5. Please, please, PLEASE make it way longer with a better storyline, I loved all of the previous game's plots.
6. Just make it harder, I know this is a Pokemon game, but its a Dungeon Crawler. Let it be difficult (but not broken, like Cockatrices in Powder....).
7. Get ALL of the pokemon (including Kalos) in the game. Bring back the large starter pool (I want to be a riolu again please, or Torchic).
8. Mega Pokemon. Somehow include Mega Pokemon.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I want something that feels more like the original two PMD games. It had a sense of exploration that the other games hadn't given me. I guess it was because you were left to your own devices a lot.

Years
I liked how Darkness had the extra additional post-game stuff that allowed you to know what you happened to the future and stuff.

Gamefreak should make you turn into a human in one of them, but meet your partner in the real world in some way [like how Ginji's Rescue Team manga ended].

They need a super sad story line or even make you join the evil team.

I liked the idea of making you and your partner fugitives. That should be implemented again, but put more depth to it. They should make the fugitive period harder and longer through the game, but you won't have to lose your items and money [it would really annoy me when I would lose to Zapdos or Spiritomb in the older series and then lose whatever I had gathered].

Don't allow the wonder mail feature except for downloadable content for certain Legendaries or getting certain items to find Legendaries [so you don't get 20,000 Joy Seeds].

Make the games have a better evolution option, other than wait until the end of the game, but also offer evolved enemies.

Back