• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile Gaming

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
The mobile gaming market has grown very quickly, from the "Snake" era into an industry that generates around 20 billions. What are your thoughts on mobile gaming? Do you play often on your phone/tablet? Why or why not?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
From companies' viewpoint... this equation probably sums it up.
(Mobile = quick money) => future

From my point of view, other than Love Live School Paradise, I only have Shoot Bubbles to quickly discharge my phone.
Other than that I don't really care about gaming on the phone.

Yukari

Mobile gaming is definitely pretty big today. The games are usually cheap, easy to pick up, and available on something most people own.

I don't play them though. I'm used to using a mouse and keyboard, or a controller.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not into them, myself. Disregarding free-to-plays and looking at particularly quality titles and ports, I'm not really enticed to play them thanks to Virtual Controls.

Apart from offering no physical feedback, something is always obstructing the screen, be it my fingers or a GUI that provides space for my fingers, making an already small screen an even smaller viewing space. I just can't do it, because it doesn't feel like I have an impact on what's going on and, even disregarding that, it literally gets in the way of the experience.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
Does this include emulators? No?

Well I sorta do mobile gaming. I have Minecraft Pocket Edition, Terraria, Threes, FNAF1 and 2, all the Sonic the Hedgehog ports, and a bunch of other games. But I don't always play often.... mainly because I have this nice laptop here.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'm sorry but unless you figure out a way to make mobile controls less awkward, I'm not gonna play your mobile game. The only mobile games I've thoroughly enjoyed were the ones where you only needed to tap and swipe.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i don't mind mobile gaming. i don't like paying for games on my iphone though. the main game i'm playing that was released on sunday is the fallout shelter. love it!

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
I'm sorry but unless you figure out a way to make mobile controls less awkward, I'm not gonna play your mobile game. The only mobile games I've thoroughly enjoyed were the ones where you only needed to tap and swipe.
On a tablet it's not so bad. You have plenty of room for your fingers and more importantly for the touch controls, so mobile games like Terraria and mobile versions of emulators like ePSXe are perfectly playable, with rare button overlaps and such. But on an iPhone, or God forbid, an iPod, they're dang near unplayable. Your fingers take up half the screen, and unless you're a very small child you'll constantly be pressing the wrong buttons, or be unable to press two buttons at once. I tried running SNES.gba with Donkey Kong Country and it's impossible.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I don't mind mobile gaming that doesn't seems to be so much needing this type of junk
  • Oooops! You're out of Power/Energy Thing. would you like to refill your Power Thingy with insert premium in-game currency here ## to restore power
  • All those waits for longish time and bugging you to use premium currency to speed-up the process quickly
  • Premium in-game junks or specials that makes you milk money, cuz we're suckers to get cooler stuff
  • Pay insert prem currency to play this special game
  • I play MLP on my blue stack and would you rather pay in $$$ for some non-premium currency. That's just ridiculous why not just convert premium to non-premium
  • ANY FREEMIUM out there

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
I only bother with mobile games if I have a couple minutes to spare. Most major games are either just a small time diversion, or demand the virtual touch controls (unless you get a gamepad working but screw that noise.) But even then some of the business models that many games shamelessly base themselves on are a gigantic turnoff (microtransactions that almost feel like an obligation for the most part.) However, it's sad to say that this is the direction the handheld market is going, and I'm going to avoid it like the plague for as long as possible...which will be for as long as developers can make a profit on handheld system games...I hope.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've downloaded Asphalt 8 recently on my phone, and so far, it seems to be addicting.

For a mobile game, this one has some of the most stunning graphics around, if you ask me, and I do like it (most would!). Aside from that, its scenes are also interactive (maybe not precisely, but in a way), such as when crashing your vehicle. One thing that I dislike about it, though, is, if you want to get your hands on some type of cars, you would sometimes need to spend actual cash on the game to buy a pack (or the cars alone). I could understand why this has to be done and whatnot, but I personally would have liked it better if they had provided us more ways to earn the cars.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My main problem with mobile games is the huge frustration that is micro-transactions, which seem to be really abused in certain games (CLASH OF CLANS). Some of them can be really addictive though.

Back