The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 04:04 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Update on Ultimate Blue Monocolor Challenge.

Been almost a month since I last updated, but here we go.

Update #2 on Platinum.
  • Helped Mira get out of Wayward Cave, after beating all the trainers of course.
  • Moved on to Hearthome City, where I took on the gym and defeated Fantina.
  • Beat Barry, then made my way to Solaceon Town. Explored the Ruins and Lost Tower, then headed to Veilstone City.
  • Along the way, Gratch evolved into Gabite, Xavier into Luxray, and Basher into Rampardos!
  • Maylene was simple to defeat with Gratch's Earthquake.
  • Continued south to Pastoria City, and explored the Great March (yay Tropius HM slave!) and did various training around the city.
  • Took on the gym, and defeated Wake without too much trouble thanks to Xavier and Basher knowing Electric moves.
  • After Team Galactic blew up Great Marsh, I headed to Celestic Town, and Trident evolved into Empoleon!
  • Defeated Cyrus easily with Xavier, and got the Surf HM, which I taught to Trident.
  • Went to Canalave City, hitched a ride to Iron Island to get the Riolu egg from Riley, and out hatched Skywalker the Riolu!
  • Used some vitamins on Skywalker, and after getting to L30, Skywalker evolved into Lucario!
  • Finished exploring all the water routes and the rest of Iron Island, then took on the Canalave Gym.
  • Skywalker soloed Byron easily with Aura Sphere OHKOs.
  • More Team Galactic trouble ensued, so I went to the lower lakes to defeat Saturn and Mars.
  • Trudged through the snow to Snowpoint City, then defeated Candice easily with Trident's Flash Cannon.
  • After meeting Jupiter at Lake Acuity, I went to Veilstone City, where I saved in the Galactic Warehouse.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:

Xavier the Brave Luxray, ♂ - L45 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Spark, Crunch, Swagger, Charge

Skywalker the Modest Lucario, ♂ - L45 @ Fist Plate
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Vacuum Wave, Counter

Basher the Hasty Rampardos, ♂ - L46 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Rock Tomb, ThunderPunch, Zen Headbutt, Dig

Gratch the Lonely Gabite, ♂ - L46 @ Draco Plate
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Earthquake, Cut

Trident the Gentle Empoleon, ♂ - L46 @ Splash Plate
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Rock Climb

HM Slaves:

Tropius - Fly, Rock Smash, Defog, Strength

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:09 PM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Thank you for posting, now I can get in another update.

White Red Mono-Color - Update #3
Spoiler:
After beating the nightmare that was Elesa, I beat the trainers on Route 16, then went to Route 5 and took on Cheren, who wasn’t overly difficult. I met Alder and battled two Preschoolers who were easy for Slowball, then beat the rest of the trainers. Once the drawbridge was lifted, I crossed into Driftveil City. I took on the trainers in the outside of the Cold Storage then went inside. Why is my character wearing super short shorts in this freezer? The Workers kept commenting on how cold it is here. In the depths were Team Plasma, I beat the grunts there and Clay and his executives reeled them out. Ghetsis threw his political rally against Clay, then Team Plasma left and Clay was ready for me. I beat the trainers, most of them without any real concern.

Once we were at Clay, my team was all Level 28 (except Habanero, who I kinda stopped using). His Krokorok missed with Swagger, and Quiche killed him in one hit with a critical hit Brick Break. (May or may not have mattered) And I gained the boost from Moxie. Palpitoad only used Aqua Ring while +1 doubled Payback almost killed him. He wasted both his Hyper Potions, and Muddy Water lowered my accuracy, unfortunately, but I still had 60% my health left. He used Hone Claws, and I missed with Brick Break then he killed me with Slash. I had Dune Buggy Intimidate him, but he killed me in one hit with Bulldoze. I then had Slowball come in and Revenge did JUST over half when he used Hone Claws. He used Slash, which did less than half, and I killed him with Revenge (getting the critical hit on the useless turn, of course) for the win.

Afterwards, I beat Bianca, her Panpour was slightly troublesome with Scald but nothing else too bad. I got HM02 for Fly from her. Then on Route 6, the trainers were okay except for one that had an Emolga. Intoxicate evolved into Scolipede, which rules. And Dune Buggy evolved into Krokorok, too.

Once I entered Chargestone Cave, those stupid personal space invading ninjas dragged me over to N. I got the Lucky Egg from Professor Juniper, and started taking on the trainers. On the second floor, I fought a marathon of Team Plasma grunts, a few more trainers, and then N, who was horribly weak to Fighting so he was no sweat. Dune Buggy and Intoxicate evolved into Krokorok and Scolipede, cool.

Now we’re in Mistralton City! I met with Skyla and Cedric Juniper, then immediately gave Megahorn to Intoxicate. The trainers on Route 7 were pretty annoying for the most part. I went through Celestial Tower, beating some of the trainers, and met Skyla where I rang the bell. Then I went back to the Gym, which sucked given how weak I am to Flying.

But how about Skyla herself? First try I was basically about to lose, so I reset. Second try, Quiche survived an Acrobatics from Swoobat then killed her with Faint Attack after the Rocky Helmet. Unfezant took some damage after killing me, then I got her just over half health with Slowball, and was about to kill her, but I misclicked and chose Rock Tomb, and she lived. While she healed, I used Bulk Up. But when I was about to kill her I flinched from Air Slash, but Dune Buggy killed her. Swanna used Aqua Ring, but I lowered her Speed with Rock Tomb and then got her low with Crunch. I only had Intoxicate left, but I killed her with Rock Tomb for the win.

I got the badge and TM, and N was waiting outside the Gym, read my Scolipede’s mind and said more stuff before leaving.

With that, here's my team:
Spoiler:
(M) “Rollerbite”, Level 34
Nature: Careful
Moves: Arm Thrust, Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Rock Tomb

(M) "Slowball", Level 34
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Guts
Moves: Bulk Up, Revenge, Rock Tomb, Vital Throw

(M) "Intoxicate", Level 35
Nature: Rash
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Iron Defense, Megahorn, Poison Tail, Rock Tomb

(M) "Dune Buggy", Level 35
Moves: Crunch, Dig, Rock Tomb, Torment

(M) "Habanero", Level 22
Nature: Calm
Moves: Fire Punch, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Tackle

(F) "Quiche", Level 34
Nature: Impish
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Brick Break, Faint Attack, Hi Jump Kick, Scary Face
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:47 PM
OliveCopper
Captain of Olive Kappa

Sorry to interrupt, but I have been slacking off in terms of this challenge. I have went about a month without doing the challenge... This could be a drop of glory to my crew...
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:58 PM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

With another post, that allows me to make my next update.

White Red Mono-Color Challenge - Update #4

Spoiler:
After beating Skyla, I went to Twist Mountain and beat Cheren, who first three tries I reset just because of how infuriated I got from him. Fourth try I nearly flipped as much (critical hit followed by a miss?!) but I won, and got HM03 for Surf from Alder. Also, Rollerbite evolved into Emboar. I caught an Audino on Route 7, which I taught Surf so I could go to Route 18. There, I caught a Dwebble named Tombstony. First one was Quiet, second and third were Bashful. After feeding it some Attack (given it had an extremely low IV), I got the TM for Rock Slide at Mistralton Cave, then went back to Twist Mountain.

In the mountain, there was a trainer with a Throh that really gave me a hard time with Bulk Up and killed half my team, but I beat it because of Intoxicate’s Poison Point. I didn’t battle many of the trainers at all. For that matter, Tombstony exceeded Level 34 but I didn’t evolve him so I could get Shell Smash at Level 37. I arrived in Icirrus City, where I met with Cedric Juniper. After selling some ores and getting TM31 for Brick Break, I went to the Icirrus Gym. Nothing to report from the trainers.

Then for Brycen, Quiche avoided a Mirror Shot from Vanilluxe and OHKO’ed with Hi Jump Kick. It was all downhill from there. Brycen found the Shadow Triad, who wanted us to come to Dragonspiral Tower. Which I scaled, fighting a marathon of Team Plasma grunts. Tombstony learned Shell Smash and evolved into Crustle. I made it to the top, watched N befriend Reshiram, and was taken back to the entrance and told to go to the Relic Castle. I did so, and watched Ghetsis throw his political rally at Alder, then hurried back to the Nacrene City Museum and got the Dark Stone.

Before continuing, I caught a Druddigon named Starburst. First one was Calm, second was Hardy. I went through Route 8, where Quiche evolved into Scrafty. I fought the trainers in the Moor of Icirrus. I came to Bianca, and Tombstony swept her after two Shell Smashes. On Tubeline Bridge, Ghetsis said more about his political representatives, then I went to Route 9 and beat some very bad men. Dune Buggy evolved into Krookodile. And I got to Opelucid City.

Alder watched Ghetsis give another campaign speech that made people think of releasing their Pokémon, but Iris wanted none of that! They told me the story of the legendary Pokémon, and Iris left for the Gym. There were some annoying trainers in there, but none too awful.

Then we get to Iris. Fraxure was downed in one hit to a critical hit Poison Jab from Intoxicate. Megahorn did just over half to Druddigon…and she used Revenge. Next hit KO’ed. For Haxorus, I lowered her Speed with Bulldoze as she used Dragon Dance. I got her to -2 Speed and she missed with Dragon Tail. Megahorn knocked her decently low - enough to avoid knocking her to where she would heal, and she hit with Dragon Tail and dragged me out to Dune Buggy, which was perfect, because I killed her with Foul Play for the win.

I got the Legend Badge and TM82, then met Juniper and got the Master Ball.

And here's my team:
Spoiler:
(M) “Rollerbite”, Level 40
Moves: Brick Break, Flame Charge, Heat Crash, Strength

(M) "Slowball", Level 40
Moves: Bulk Up, Revenge, Storm Throw, Vital Throw

(M) "Intoxicate", Level 42
Moves: Bulldoze, Iron Defense, Megahorn, Poison Jab

(M) "Dune Buggy", Level 40
Moves: Crunch, Dig, Foul Play, Rock Tomb

(F) "Quiche", Level 41
Moves: Brick Break, Crunch, Faint Attack, Hi Jump Kick

(F) “Tombstony”, Level 40
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Dig, Rock Slide, Shell Smash, X-Scissor

Next update will be the last one, surely.

Last edited by Stargazer; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:53 PM. Reason: Did I really leave Dune Buggy's sprite as Krokorok instead of Krookodile? Wow, that's embarrassing.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:29 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Black Monocolor on Pokemon Red: Challenge Complete!

Badges Obtained:

Pokemon Team:

Snorlax
Level 73
Body Slam, Amnesia, Surf & Thunderbolt
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:52 PM
Stargazer
Community Supporter

Thank you for posting, now I can finally post this. Did this Monday actually, was just waiting for someone else to post so I could do it.

White Red Mono-Color Challenge - Final Update

Spoiler:
After beating Iris, I went up to Route 10 and got word of Thundurus going about. The trainers were all pretty easy, as for Cheren his Unfezant was stupid but not too hard otherwise. Victory Road had a few hard trainers but overall it wasn’t that bad. Then I got to the Pokémon League! Once I was done there, it was the first time all game I Audino trained seriously, I got everyone to Level 47 before entering the Elite Four.

I took on Marshal first. Throh straight up killed Intoxicate in one hit with a critical hit Stone Edge, then Slowball had Bulk Up, and he used Stone Edge one turn which allowed me to best him even after healing thanks to the Rocky Helmet. Then Conkeldurr killed me. Rollerbite burned him with Flamethrower, allowing me to finish him. Sawk missed with Stone Edge, then knocked me into Blaze range, so I 2HKO’ed him with Brick Break followed by Flamethrower. Mienshao killed me, then had a critical hit AND flinch with Rock Slide on Tombstony. Dune Buggy was OHKO’ed even after Intimidate. Quiche failed to KO with Hi Jump Kick and he 2HKO’ed me and I lost. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but I couldn’t because I had family home. I resetted the game immediately because that was absolute garbage.

Second try, I led with Slowball. I used two Bulk Ups, and he used Storm Throw followed by Stone Edge then died from 2/3 to Revenge. Conkeldurr left me with 2 HP (!!) with Hammer Arm and I killed him from 5/6 with Revenge. Mienshao took health from Rocky Helmet, then I brought in Tombstony. He used U-turn and went into Sawk while I used Shell Smash. I did over half with Dig, but he killed me with Stone Edge. Intoxicate killed him with Poison Jab. Then Mienshao came back out, and I tried to use Iron Defense but he AGAIN got a critical hit Rock Slide. Once again, I wanted to curse audibly, but couldn’t. Dune Buggy got off the Intimidate before dying. He did less than half to Rollerbite after that, allowing me to 2HKO him with Flamethrower, and just to taunt me even more, I get the critical hit on the last turn. That was an awful fight, I mean I like Marshal but that could not have been less fun.

Grimsley was next. Scrafty I 2HKO’ed with Rollerbite’s Brick Break, even after Sand-Attack. Krookodile threw the Intimidate at me, so I had to go over to Slowball, barely surviving two hits of Earthquake and OHKO’ing with Revenge. Liepard came out next and killed me with Aerial Ace. Intoxicate killed him with Megahorn. Bisharp was last, and I missed with Megahorn and was knocked to KO range, so I went over to Tombstony and took a Metal Claw. And he got the attack boost, then killed me. He was faster than Rollerbite, but I still survived an Aerial Ace even after +1 Attack and killed him with Brick Break for the win.

Now we have Shauntal. I started with Dune Buggy, but I remembered Cofagrigus has Will-o-Wisp, so I went over to Rollerbite…and she used Shadow Ball and got the Special Defense drop. I knocked off around 1/3 her health with Flamethrower before dying to Psychic. I went for Dune Buggy again and killed her with Crunch. Jellicent and Golurk were slammed by Crunch, but Chandelure came short, and killed me in one hit with Fire Blast. Ouch! I brought in Quiche, she healed and took around 2/3 from Crunch, then I took 2/3 from Fire Blast and killed her with Faint Attack for the win.

Finally was Caitlin. I began with Tombstony. I used Shell Smash, and Reuniclus knocked me to 1 HP with Psychic (and lowered my Special Defense, wow) but then I OHKO’ed her entire team. Bahaha. At least that was a breath of fresh air after Marshal, dear goodness.

Afterward we got to the Champion’s room, where N had defeated Alder, and summoned his castle. Cheren showed up and he and Alder told me to proceed. The sages were about to attack, but the Gym Leaders came and got me to continue. I trained everyone up to Level 50 and returned.

Ghetsis greeted me, talking about how he plans to become president with N backing him, and N summoned Reshiram to the field while my Dark Stone created Zekrom, which I caught.

Now time for the final battle against N! Reshiram was first, while I began with Dune Buggy. He used Fusion Flare and almost killed me, but I lived with less than 1/8 my health and lowered his Speed with Bulldoze, doing JUST over half, and I 2HKO’ed him. I didn’t use Dig because I didn’t want to risk him using Reflect on the turn I would burrow under the ground.
Vanilluxe was OHKO’ed with a critical hit Brick Break. THAT was a nice throwing the bone, I was like "oh, i'll just have to try to soften it up a bit for whoever i'll throw in next" so it was a good surprise.
Zoroark came and killed me with Night Slash, though. Rollerbite avoided a Focus Blast and slammed him in one hit with Hammer Arm.
Carracosta almost killed me with Waterfall, but I lived with 1/5 my health and knocked him low with Hammer Arm. He healed, but I hit again and got him to the red before he killed me. Slowball took a Waterfall with ease and killed him with Vital Throw.
Klinklang used Hyper Beam and didn’t do very much, allowing me to not quite kill him with Superpower, but Vital Throw afterwards finished him.
Archeops killed me with Acrobatics, but took Rocky Helmet damage. I went for Intoxicate, and used Megahorn which knocked him to Defeatist, allowing me to survive his Stone Edge. Poison Jab got him low and poisoned him, and he killed me with Acrobatics, but I brought in Tombstony, avoided a Stone Edge and killed him with X-Scissor.

N talked about the chemical reaction for changing the world, then Ghetsis showed up, and so did Cheren and Alder. Now we gotta fight Ghetsis himself!

Cofagrigus was first up. Dune Buggy did more than enough to 2HKO with Crunch, and he used Toxic and crippled me, but I still killed him with 5/8 my health.
Hydreigon was next, and killed me with Focus Blast. I brought in Tombstony, and he used Surf, but I survived because of Sturdy and used Shell Smash, then OHKO’ed him with X-Scissor.
Bisharp was OHKO’ed by Dig.
Seismitoad wasn’t OHKO’ed with X-Scissor though, but it did over half. I went for Intoxicate, and killed him with Megahorn.
Eelektross was afterward. Megahorn looked to do half on the dot, and he killed me in one hit with Flamethrower. I used Slowball, and he used Wild Charge, took some damage, and Revenge killed him.
Lastly was Bouffalant. I survived a Head Charge with less than 1/6 health, and he took damage from recoil and the Rocky Helmet, then I killed him with Revenge for the win.

So Cheren and Alder took Ghetsis away, and N said stuff about how he wasn’t sure about what Pokémon like their trainers for, and flew off on Reshiram, ending the challenge.

And here was my final team:

Spoiler:
(M) “Rollerbite”, Level 50
Moves: Brick Break, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Hammer Arm

(M) "Slowball", Level 51
Moves: Bulk Up, Revenge, Superpower, Vital Throw

(M) "Intoxicate", Level 50
Moves: Agility, Baton Pass, Megahorn, Poison Jab

(M) "Dune Buggy", Level 51
Moves: Brick Break, Bulldoze, Crunch, Dig

(F) "Quiche", Level 50
Moves: Brick Break, Crunch, Faint Attack, Hi Jump Kick

(F) “Tombstony”, Level 51
Nature: Bashful
Moves: Dig, Rock Slide, Shell Smash, X-Scissor

That's four out of six done! The Gen IV games are gonna be a pain, though... Not looking forward to them.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 04:02 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Final Update (#3) on Platinum.
  • Beat up the Warehouse and got into the HQ, where I defeated Cyrus with ease as well as Saturn.
  • Followed Cyrus to the summit of Mt. Coronet, where I beat Mars and Jupiter with just Trident, although all Barry's Pokémon fainted.
  • Giratina appeared to foil Cyrus, and I went after him in the Distortion World.
  • After solving the puzzle, I took him on and beat without too much trouble. Best battle music ever I think.
  • Xavier killed Giratina and I got back to the real world and talked to Prof. Rowan to unlock the Lake Trio.
  • Went to Lake Valor and caught Kusanagi the Azelf in a Master Ball lazily.
  • Made my way to Sunyshore City, and Gratch finally evolved into Garchomp!
  • Razed the gym and Volkner with Gratch's Earthquake for my last badge.
  • Went over the water to Victory Road, then went through it pretty handily to the Pokémon League, where I defeated Barry.
  • After EV training and Rare Candies to get everyone to L55, I took on the Elite Four.
  • Aaron was defeated by just Xavier (Spark) and Skywalker (Aura Sphere).
  • Bertha was soloed by Trident's Grass Knot and Surf.
  • Flint was wasted by Gratch, who put forth 5 flawless Earthquake OHKOs.
  • Lucian was the toughest fight, but was handled by Basher, Kusanagi, Skywalker, and finally Xavier.
  • Finally Champion Cynthia was up, and she was one tough fight. Here's the video and play-by-play of the battle.

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Elite Four:

Champion Cynthia:

Hall of Fame:

Team Skye (Final):

Basher the Hasty Rampardos, ♂ - L56 @ Hard Stone
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Rock Tomb, ThunderPunch, Zen Headbutt, Dig
Final Stats: 207/223/80/87/79/118
Cynthia co-MVP

Kusanagi the Rash Azelf - L55 @ Mind Plate
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot
Final Stats: 181/144/112/190/86/154

Xavier the Brave Luxray, ♂ - L56 @ Magnet
Moves: Spark, Crunch, Thunder, Charge
Final Stats: 178/185/112/113/106/98
Cynthia co-MVP

Skywalker the Modest Lucario, ♂ - L56 @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Vacuum Wave, Counter
Final Stats: 167/115/105/182/101/138

Gratch the Lonely Garchomp, ♂ - L56 @ Dragon Fang
Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge
Final Stats: 208/222/109/105/109/146
Sinnoh co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP

Trident the Gentle Empoleon, ♂ - L56 @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon, Grass Knot
Final Stats: 181/118/109/166/143/101
Sinnoh co-MVP, Elite Four co-MVP, Cynthia co-MVP

HM Slaves:

Tropius - Fly, Rock Smash, Defog, Strength [boxed]

Ultimate Monotype:

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:44 AM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Update #3: Yellow - White 2
This is about as far I ever got in this game, so it might slow down a bit, as I don't really know the storyline after this, but I do plan on finishing it.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Poppins the Bashful Leavanny (F) @ Lv.40
Ability: Swarm
Item: Miracle Seed
Slash, Protect, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade

Phare the Hasty Ampharos (M) @ Lv.41
Ability: Static
Item: Leftovers
Confuse Ray, Power Gem, Thunder Wave, Discharge

Voltaire the Relaxed Electabuzz (M) @ Lv.40
Thunder Wave, ThunderPunch, Brick Break, Strength

Ramesses the Sassy Cofagrigus (M) @ Lv.40
Ability: Mummy
Ominous Wind, Will-o-wisp, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Rufus the Serious Sandslash (M) @ Lv.40
Item: Iron Ball
Swords Dance, Crush Claw, Gyro Ball, Magnitude
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 12:11 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Update #1 on Black 2.

Name: Blue
Rival: Hugh
Starter: Oshawott
  • Piked Oshawott as my starter (not using it though), then caught Zuzu the Azurill at Flocessy Ranch.
  • Zuzu was a real pain to train early on with just special water moves, until I got the TM for Frustration.
  • Frustration gave Zuzu enough power to defeat Cheren (barely).
  • Got the TM for Return afterwards and replaced Frustration with it, and we had a lot of momentum now.
  • Reached Virbank City, then realized I needed to evolve Zuzu if I wanted a chance against Roxie.
  • Walked a bunch and did some FunFest Missions to pass the time until Zuzu was happy enough to evolve, and did so at L20.
  • Defeated Roxie in the Virbank Gym with Zuzu as a Marill, and immediately afterwards, he evolved into Azumarill!
  • Defeated Team Plasma, then headed to Castelia City.
  • Went into the Sewers with Hugh and beat Team Plasma again, then caught Glacier the Eevee in the grass.
  • Defeated Burgh with Zuzu after a couple tries - Leavanny is tough.
  • Beat Colress on Route 4, then went to Join Avenue.
  • Since Glaceon is not attainable until the postgame, I used an evolution editor to change Glaceon to evolve by Dawn Stone.
  • After a long while, I finally got one from a L2 Antique Shop (Dirty Stone) in Join Avenue, and Glacier evolved into Glaceon!
  • Beat the trainers I skipped in the Castelia Sewers, then headed back to Nimbasa City to beat the Multi Train in the Battle Subway.
  • Purchased the Frost Breath TM and taught it to Glacier, then beat all the trainers on Route 4 and the Desert Resort.
  • Finally I took on the Nimbasa Gym, and after a couple losses was able to defeat Elesa.
  • Went to Driftviel City and then straight to the Hidden Grotto above the Breeder, where I found Sal the Woobat.
  • I am now saved in Driftveil City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:

Sal the Modest Woobat, ♂ - L26 @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Simple
Moves: Heart Stamp, Imprison, Air Cutter, Attract

Glacier the Sassy Glaceon, ♂ - L32 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Frost Breath, Ice Shard, Bite, Barrier

Zuzu the Hardy Azumarill, ♂ - L34 @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Return, Dig, Aqua Tail, Strength

HM Slaves:

Oshawott - Cut

Pidove - Fly

Ultimate Monotype:

Old 1 Week Ago, 07:13 PM
SmashMaster24
Eevee Lover and Dark Trainer

Hey, I'm back again!
Right now I'm working on the Unova portion of my Ultimate Green run. I tried to play on an emulator, but there was too much lag. So after much frustration, I started a new file on my actual copy of Pokemon White.

Spoiler:
-Chose Snivy named Natrix
-Beat Bianca
-Beat Cheren
-Beat N
-Beat Bianca
-Beat Cheren
-Recieved Panpour (HM Slave)
-Beat Chili
-Beat Plasma
-Natrix evolved
-Beat Cheren
-Beat Plasma
-Beat Lenora
-Caught Petilil
-Traded for Cottonee named Fluffee
-Beat Plasma

Current Team:

Fluffee (Cottonee) ♀ Lv. 21 (Miracle Seed)
Prankster, Modest Nature
Growth, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Mega Drain

Natrix (Servine) ♂ Lv. 24 (Miracle Seed)
Overgrow, Naive Nature
Tackle, Growth, Mega Drain, Leaf Tornado

HM Slaves: Panpour (Cut)
Dragonite - Hitmonchan - Gardevoir - Blissey - Beartic

Current Challenges:
Green Ultimate Monocolor Challenge
Red - Gold - Sapphire - Platinum - White
Completed - Completed - Completed - Completed - 5/8 Badges

Medieval Era Ultimate Time Warp Challenge
LeafGreen - Crystal - Ruby - Pearl - Black
Completed - 16/16 Badges - 0/8 Badges - 0/8 Badges - 0/8 Badges
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:09 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Update #2 on Black 2.

• Defeated Rood and talked to the old Team Plasma members, then took on the gym.
  • Clay wasn't very difficult with Glacier and Zuzu.
  • Moved on to the PWT and defeated Team Plasma on the Frigate, and Sal evolved into Swoobat!
  • Got the Surf HM and went through Chargestone Cave, where I caught Fulgora the Tynamo. Forgot the pic though .
  • Reached Mistralton City and Route 7, where I traded for the Gigalith.
  • Finally got Fulgora to evolve into Eelektrik on Route 7.
  • Took on the gym, and defeated Skyla without much trouble - that Skarmory was tough though!
  • Got a ride to Lentimas Town, and after I got through Reversal Mountain, I used a Thunderstone to evolve Fulgora into Eelektross!
  • I am now saved in Undella Town.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Skye:

Zuzu the Hardy Azumarill, ♂ - L43 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Return, Superpower, Aqua Tail, Strength

Glacier the Sassy Glaceon, ♂ - L43 @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball

Sal the Modest Swoobat, ♂ - L43 @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Simple
Moves: Air Slash, Calm Mind, Psychic, Fly

Fulgora the Sassy Eelektross, ♀ - L44 @ Magnet
Ability: Levitate
Moves: ThunderPunch, Crunch, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

Gigalith the Adamant Gigalith, ♂ - L44 @ Hard Stone
Moves: Rock Slide, Headbutt, Bulldoze, Stealth Rock

HM Slaves:

Oshawott - Cut, Surf, Dig

Ultimate Monotype:

Last edited by jdthebud; 14 Hours Ago at 08:06 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:55 PM
SmashMaster24

Update on Pokemon White:

Spoiler:
-Beat Plasma
-Beat Burgh
-Beat Bianca
-Beat Cheren
-Caught Solosis named Plasm
-Caught Trubbish named Mim
-Beat the trainers on Route 4 that I skipped
-Beat N
-Explored the Desert Resort
-Beat Elesa
-Beat Plasma
-Plasm evolved
-Beat Clay
-Beat Bianca
-Caught Ducklett (HM Slave)
-Entered Chargestone Cave
-Natrix evolved
-Beat Plasma
-Beat N
-Fluffee evolved

Now I'm on Route 7 and I'm making my way to Celestial Tower.

Current Team:

Mim (Trubbish) ♀ Lv. 35 (Lucky Egg)
Sticky Hold, Lonely Nature
Take Down, Clear Smog, Sludge Bomb, Sludge

Plasm (Duosion) ♂ Lv. 37
Magic Guard, Quirky Nature
Recover, Hidden Power, Future Sight, Psyshock

Fluffee (Whimsicott) ♀ Lv. 37 (Miracle Seed)
Prankster, Modest Nature
Cotton Guard, Gust, Energy Ball, Giga Drain

Natrix (Serperior) ♂ Lv. 36 (Miracle Seed)
Overgrow, Naive Nature
Slam, Coil, Mega Drain, Leaf Blade

HM Slaves: Panpour (Cut), Ducklett (Fly)

Current Challenges:

Last edited by SmashMaster24; 1 Day Ago at 06:50 AM.
Old 1 Day Ago, 07:16 PM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy

Ultimate Monocolor Challenge (Purple)

Platinum; Complete

Next game: Black 2 or White 2

Introducing my new challenge update css, and continuing my purple monocolor ultimate after a long hiatus. Let's get going!

Picked Turtwig, and proceeded through the game until Route 204, where I caught Zoom the Zubat.
Before challenging the Oreburgh Gym, I trained Zoom all the way up to level 21, and decided to give the gym a shot (any further training was more trouble than it was worth).
I defeated Roark by using Confuse Ray and Bite (confusion damage and flinching from bite was key here)
While in Valley Windworks, Zoom evolved into a Golbat.
After defeating Team Galactic, I caught a Shellos, and named her "Katsuyu".
Trained Katsuyu up a bit.
Caught a Gastly in the Eterna Forest, named him "Konpaku".
Went into Eterna City, defeated Gardenia.
I defeated Team Galactic, then went down Cycling Road and caught a Gligar at Route 206. I nicknamed him "Glidor".
Got my Eevee at Hearthome, nicknamed it "San".
Trained my team up a bit before facing Fantina, Konpaku evolved into a Haunter, then into a Gengar.
Defeated Fantina.
Trained up again before going into the Veilstone Gym. During this, Katsuyu evolved into a Gastrodon.
Zoom also evolved into a Crobat.
I found the hidden Razor Fang on Route 214. I gave it to Glidor, and while I was in the gym, he evolved into a Gliscor.
Defeated Maylene.
Caught a Skorupi at the Great Marsh, nicknamed her "Skorpalina"
Defeated Wake.
On the way to Celestic Town, San finally evolved into an Espeon.
Defeated Cyrus pretty easily.
Taught Katsuyu Surf.
Headed over to Canalave.
While training on Iron Island, Skorpalina evolved into a Drapion.
Defeated Byron.
Went through more of the storyline, defeated Candice.
Finished off Team Galactic, went to Sunyshore, and defeated Volkner.
Before taking on the E4, I trained my team up to level 55.
Took care of the E4 and the champ, thus completing this part of my ultimate challenge.

this isn't very detailed because firefox crashed on me the first time

Team Stats

Skorpalina (Drapion) ♀ Lv. 55
Poison Fang, Bug Bite, Crunch, Toxic Spikes

Glidor (Gliscor) ♂ Lv. 56
X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Earthquake, Slash

Katsuyu (Gastrodon) ♀ Lv. 56
Surf, Recover, Hidden Power (Fire), Mud Bomb

Zoom (Crobat) ♂ Lv. 57
Bite, Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, Wing Attack

San (Espeon) ♂ Lv. 55
Return, Shadow Ball, Bite, Psychic

Konpaku (Gengar) ♂ Lv. 56
Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse, Psychic

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old 1 Day Ago, 06:49 AM
SmashMaster24

Update on Pokemon White:

Spoiler:
-Mim evolved
-Beat Skyla
-Plasm evolved
-Beat Cheren
-Traversed Twist Mountain
-Beat Brycen
-Revived Tirtouga (HM Slave)
-Went to Dragonspiral Tower
-Caught Golett named Gundam
-Beat Plasma
-Watched N awaken Reshiram
-Flew to Relic Castle
-Plasm evolved
-Beat Plasma
-Got Dark Stone
-Traveled to Opelucid City
-Beat Iris
-Trekked through Victory Road
-Recieved Larvesta egg (space filler to avoid having Zekrom in party)

Now I'm training for the Elite Four.

Current Team:

Gundam (Golurk) Lv. 51 (Lucky Egg)
Klutz, Quirky Nature
Heavy Slam, Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Punch

Natrix (Serperior) ♂ Lv. 50 (Miracle Seed)
Overgrow, Naive Nature
Slam, Wring Out, Giga Drain, Leaf Blade

Plasm (Reuniclus) ♂ Lv. 50 (Amulet Coin)
Magic Guard, Quirky Nature
Recover, Dizzy Punch, Future Sight, Psychic

Mim (Garbodor) ♀ Lv. 52 (Poison Barb)
Weak Armor, Lonely Nature
Take Down, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Sludge

Fluffee (Whimsicott) ♀ Lv. 52 (Miracle Seed)
Prankster, Modest Nature
Cotton Guard, Hurricane, Energy Ball, Giga Drain

HM Slaves: Panpour (Cut), Ducklett (Fly), Tirtouga (Surf, Strength)

Current Challenges:

Old 22 Hours Ago, 12:55 PM
Buzz Buzz
What's all the Buzz about...

Nature: Lonely
Update #4: Yellow - White 2
Not much to say, just that I'll be glad once this is finished (not that I'm not enjoying myself, but I don't really like the entire Team Plasma storyline I still have to do)

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Poppins the Bashful Leavanny (F) @ Lv.47
Ability: Swarm
Item: Miracle Seed
Slash, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade

Phare the Hasty Ampharos (M) @ Lv.48
Item: Leftovers
Confuse Ray, Power Gem, Thunder Wave, Discharge

Voltaire the Relaxed Electabuzz (M) @ Lv.49
Thunder Wave, ThunderPunch, Brick Break, Strength

Ramesses the Sassy Cofagrigus (M) @ Lv.47
Ability: Mummy
Item: Spell Tag
Psychic, Will-o-wisp, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Rufus the Serious Sandslash (M) @ Lv.47
Item: Iron Ball
Swords Dance, Crush Claw, Gyro Ball, Earthquake

Sinker the Hardy Pelipper (M) @ Lv.48
Ability: Keen Eye
Payback, Protect, Roost, Surf
MC - Yellow - White 2
Persona - Sacred Gold

Completed
SR - Venusaur (Soul Silver), Charizard (Red, Crystal, Emerald), Blastoise (Blue), Pidgeot (Fire Red), Raichu (X), Clefable (Fire Red), Golduck (Fire Red, Ruby), Poliwrath (Fire Red), Rhyhorn (Emerald), Omastar (Leaf Green), Mew (Fire Red, Silver), Typhlosion (Leaf Green), Feraligatr (X), Tyranitar (Leaf Green), Swampert (Sapphire), Exploud (Diamond), Torkoal (Fire Red), Kyogre (Fire Red), Infernape (Black), Chesnaught (X)
MC - Red - Fire Red, Platinum
Legendary Trio - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres - Fire Red
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here