• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
[advertisement=Shameless]

Welp, it's up! (and clickable. Go ahead, try it.)

I'd like to welcome all players, old and new, whether you've seen/read Wolf's Rain or not. The only thing to worry about is that violent 'M' rating!

I'm excited for this, so I hope others can get excited for it too! Just give it a click, read the OOC post, see what you think!

[/advertisement]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Heeeeey, errebody!

I don't visit this place often (see: Never) but I've come today with a question I'm hoping you'll all acknowledge. I'm considering making a Mystery Dungeon RP and I want to know if anyone would be interested in it before I start. I know there are a lot of PMD RPs that come in and out of this forum. There's one now and I'm sure as soon as that's finished there will be another. I just wanted to know if anyone's getting sick of it? Or if another PMD RP will seem like another one for the stack and not many would be interested. With the idea I have, I could probably turn it into a Pokemon adventure kind of RP, I suppose, but it wouldn't be as easy.

I'm not looking for obligations here, just opinions.

Also, if there is enough interest and someone would like to, I wouldn't mind if anyone volunteered to help? I'm not a very organized person and two heads full of ideas is much better than one head full of ideas. If someone wants to, I'd like it if you'd be very committed, not just so I can get the best of your ideas but so we can stay together and I can get a little help if my motivation drops. X) I'm looking for this RP to have a deep story with many surfaces, whether the RPers catch it or not. I'd like to make it memorable, compelling, and always keeping the RPers questioning and guessing, even if I flatout told them the truth. I guess I want to make it like a real book (but then again, who doesn't?)

If this is too long to read I'm sorry (and then again not). Thank you in advance! :)

Years
I can help you out if you want, just PM me the details :D

I don't think anyone is really going to get sick of the idea just because it is done by more than one person, the story will be different after all. Just look at all the journey RP's that come through here.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
@Kiklion Ah, yes. A PMD RP.

Uh, all I have to say is that I was making one too. But then I noticed that it seemed like it would play out more like a videogame and focus more on one player. I haven't abandoned the idea, but now I'm pushing it aside in lieu of another RP.

So, uh, yeah. This is possibly useless advice, but make sure you keep it good for everyone and not just one player.

_____

In other news, uh, I'm nearly done with my newest creation, DEADMAN.exe!

But here's the thing; I thought of, instead, changing it to something I call Deadman Divergence, which is a Deadman Wonderland/Steins;Gate crossover RP, with a bit of Claymore too (in terms of worm eaters and such). But I don't know if I should submit my current creation or create the new one... help?

Teaser plot of DEADMAN.exe, what I have now... if you're curious.
Spoiler:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@DeLaMuerte: Yes. Hell Yes. Hell Freaking Yes. The teaser is nothing but awesome in my opinnion. And it reminds me of 999 for the DS in the sense of some folks trapped in a ship. I would dfinitely follow it, an join if my writing skills weren't as mediocre as they are now xD Nonetheless, I say you should post it, as it would certainly dragattention amidst all those Pokemon RPs round here :p

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
@DeLaMuerte: Yes. Hell Yes. Hell Freaking Yes. The teaser is nothing but awesome in my opinnion. And it reminds me of 999 for the DS in the sense of some folks trapped in a ship. I would dfinitely follow it, an join if my writing skills weren't as mediocre as they are now xD Nonetheless, I say you should post it, as it would certainly dragattention amidst all those Pokemon RPs round here :p

I need a another GM in case I have to fall out for some reason, but once I get that all I really need to do is put together the BB code (augh) and post it.

I'm still a bit worried about Deadman Divergence, but I think I can make it a sequel. If I get to making a sequel.

I've just submitted an Rp based off of Final Fantasy XIII (13) :3

Sounds interesting. Then again, I've never played Final Fantasy XIII (I've barely played any of them, shame), but it sounds like it's worth a look.

EDIT: Submitted DEADMAN.exe (it's OOC)! Still looking for a Co-GM though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2013
Hello everyone!

I guess I'm fairly new here, but I decided to go ahead and submit my very own RP!

It is a PMD-like RP, where people will have to RP as Pokémon in order to bring safety back to their natural reserve.

It's rated PG, and it's mostly meant for laid back RPing, but I feel like it has a lot of potential, so yeah, look forward to it! ;)

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
I've been refining my RP. I decided to use a heavier influence from the Battle Network games, so now there will be items called Drives that function very similarly to Battle Chips. I have yet to find a name that clicks so suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I would like to state that I would greatly appreciate someone to explain to me some of the more advanced BBCode. I have a grasp of the more basic stuff, but I want to develop my abilities for more elaborate stuff to make my writing look prettier. Without further ado here is a sneak peek at some (read: small amount) of the important details of this RP.

Premise:
Spoiler:

Story:
Spoiler:

You:
Spoiler:

Disc Drives (these aren't the only type of Drives):
Spoiler:

Years
Okay guys I have a few questions for you.

Firstly, how many RPs do you think is too much for one person to handle?

Secondly, have you found using co-GMs is a viable method of countering that problem.

Thirdly, do you think I have to many RPs going? It's not a matter of handling them, I know I can, its just that right now I have three RPs I'm solo GMing with a fourth I'm co-GMing in the later stages of the production process (meaning editing and fixing the Formatting) and I kind of feel that people might get irritated if I continue to bring out RPs like this.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

My new RP :) if you like final fantasy this is a great RP for you. Even if you don't know much about it there is plenty of info about the series. It's going to be a fun rp :)
Speaking of that, you should probably put a disclaimer noting first game spoilers, for those that may want to play the game but happen to look into the thread or are playing the game and still want to participate.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Speaking of that, you should probably put a disclaimer noting first game spoilers, for those that may want to play the game but happen to look into the thread or are playing the game and still want to participate.

Didn't think of that I'll be sure to do that

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Sword Art online has been posted!

It took ShinyDiamond and me a lot of work to make it but I will promise you that we did our best to make it look awesome :3 (I did the lay-out though cx) I'm already excited about it haha xD

It's really hard to describe it's awesomeness so you have to take a look yourselves when it gets accepted by Skymin :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Another SAO RP? Cool, I'll join if it gets accepted, since I'm a sucker for MMO RPs.

Still waiting on a .Hack RP, though...

Having said that, I'll miss my character from Infinity Edition (as well as Infinity Edition itself). I loved his relationship with Tara and Jet.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Another SAO RP? Cool, I'll join if it gets accepted, since I'm a sucker for MMO RPs.

Still waiting on a .Hack RP, though...

Having said that, I'll miss my character from Infinity Edition (as well as Infinity Edition itself). I loved his relationship with Tara and Jet.

You could always bring your character back into the new SAO RP ofcourse :3 I will also bring my old character from infinity edition back into that RP ^^

Years
Okay guys I have a few questions for you.

Firstly, how many RPs do you think is too much for one person to handle?

Secondly, have you found using co-GMs is a viable method of countering that problem.

Thirdly, do you think I have to many RPs going? It's not a matter of handling them, I know I can, its just that right now I have three RPs I'm solo GMing with a fourth I'm co-GMing in the later stages of the production process (meaning editing and fixing the Formatting) and I kind of feel that people might get irritated if I continue to bring out RPs like this.

To handle as a GM? It all depends on how much time you have on the computer to be honest. I work 60+ hours a week, so even participating in more than three RP's as a player while still having a social life is stretching my time awake thin, so I could probably only fully GM 1 RP that doesn't require high maintenance.

Co-GM's do work though, providing you can easily collaborate with the person and they have a general idea of your vision. It's especially good for times when you're not able to be near a computer for an extended period of time, and they could hold the fort down for a tad making minor decisions for the plot or follow notes you've set ffor them.

No, as long as you can handle the amount you're involved in and don't leave any to die out of disinterest, I don't see any problem. Make 40 if you can. :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I've been kicking around a concept for an RP. The idea is to have it take place after BW2, with a sort of Civil war between Old Plasma and the remnants of Neo Plasma. There would be two factions, Team Plasma Elite, N's most loyal servants from the original Team Plasma, and Shadow Plasma, a sect of Neo Plasma trained by the Shadow Triad to serve Ghetsis. The primary conflict would be based on Shadow Plasma trying to capture new Legendary Pokemon that have moved into Unova after the disappearance of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. This idea is meant to be a sort of mixture between the video games, and the Card Game, which features Team Plasma in control of many legendary Pokemon. I'm still not sure if, or when I could do this, but it would be nice to get some feedback on the concept.

Years
I think that perhaps it could be a great RP but I think that you need to expand on it a bit more story wise and gameplay wise before I can give too much feedback.

Edit: Oh, and partially due to Oregan's encouragement, both the Darker than Black RP I mentioned and another RP are on the way. I just have to get the last details sorted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back