• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Personally I'd like to see various things in your VB.NET starter editor: how did you read and change only certain lines in the hex is my main question.
Ahh, it's very simple, check these pages:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.binaryreader_methods(v=vs.110).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.binarywriter(v=vs.110).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filestream(v=vs.110).aspx

If you want a simple example, I can search in my pc for the source of my old programs (but I don't recommend to use these methods in DS hacking, because absolute offsets change very frequently..., it's better to use a NARC API, like in DS PokeHack Studio or SDSME, but things may become difficult for the programmer)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 30, 2013
Sure, I wouldn't mind an example.

We should probably start messaging this, though; it seems pretty off topic.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2021
Every time I tried to save the ROM, the ROM then became 0 bytes and I cannot load it with DesmuMe :(

Btw, can you give me DP Attack Editor please :D

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Every time I tried to save the ROM, the ROM then became 0 bytes and I cannot load it with DesmuMe :(

Btw, can you give me DP Attack Editor please :D

Since DS PokeHack Studio is an early alpha it's normal to have these kind of bugs...

This summer I'll continue programming it ;)

You can download the other tool from my website, http://www.hackromtools.altervista.org/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Hello, your site with tools is down, can you upload it here or when your site will be again online?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hello, your site with tools is down, can you upload it here or when your site will be again online?
Now it's online ;)

It goes down when I finish the gigabytes (I have 15 GB of traffic), and my site is frequently under attack. I'll buy some extra GB in the future...

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I can't seem to sign up for your site and download the tools, as much as I'd like to acquire them. Can you tell me how to sign up for your site? Thank you for reading!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi everybody! I'm back from school now and I can restart developing tools :)

You may have noticed Hack Rom Tools was down because it was under update. Now it's back online!!! I've not completed it yet, but it's matter of time.

I've totally rewritten the site because of mobile devices (the old style was crappy). Now it has also tutorials for every single tool! I've spent two weeks writing HTML code (now I can even speak in html {XD}), I hope you'll like it!

Now I'm learning Java for writing more powerful tools :D , be patient!

Last edited by a moderator:

rom hunter

tongue-tied
Years
@Jack Thanks a lot. Your tools are superb! There were many tools out there which mostly worked for pearl and diamond only. Now with these tools I am able to edit platinum too. I had wasted lot of time hunting for good tools. Finally, I've found the perfect set.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi! I'm here to present a new version of DS Text Editor! After 3 weeks of heavy development I succeeded in reaching the 1.0 version (the last was beta 0.7).

I've totally rewritten the program and I also changed the language (from C# to Java, it's a very great language xD). The text engine has been written from scratch and it now supports also cripted text! The general performance is very nice, it almost doubled from the last version (you'll see it!). See the first post for details.

The program can be downloaded from my website, and you can also find the source code on github!

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Can you make PokeEdit for Platinum too?
Well, I already made DS Pokémon Editor, which is compatible with platinum :)

However in these days I'll rewrite that program and make a new version, so stay tuned! ;)

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Cant wait for the tool :D
Ok, now the new version of DS Pokémon Editor is ready (1.8)! Now it can edit many more things, like moveset and hm/tm compatibility ;) !

Here are some screenshots:
U4vuNFK.png

IsBH7Dq.png

Tsze2WE.png

Like DS Text Editor, the tool is available both in Italian and English, it will automatically detect the system language.
If you want to help with translations please contact me ;) !

Hope you'll enjoy it! A tutorial is available on my website, together with the download :D

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
Ok, now the new version of DS Pokémon Editor is ready (1.8)! Now it can edit many more things, like moveset and hm/tm compatibility ;) !

Here are some screenshots:
U4vuNFK.png

IsBH7Dq.png

Tsze2WE.png

Like DS Text Editor, the tool is available both in Italian and English, it will automatically detect the system language.
If you want to help with translations please contact me ;) !

Hope you'll enjoy it! A tutorial is available on my website, together with the download :D
Finally,thats for what I was waiting!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Wew. How to use Text Editor with black white you didnt write tutorial sir.
Ehm, I'm sorry but my text editor is compatible only with 4th generation (I don't want to write 5th gen tools, at least for now).

You can find the tutorial on my website, at the DS Text Editor page ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
The program ds pokemon editor looks amazing, but when I open all narcs and I select a pokemon the program shuts down without any warning. Any idea what the problem is? Im using a pokemon platinum rom on a windows vista 32 bit.

Back