• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@suicune- yeah some stats needs to be improved, like u said lumineon.. Also how about alomomola? Its stats also need to be improvd a bit...
Here, i want this stat for alomomola

hp 110
att 65
def 85
spatt 85
spdef 75
speed 90

and wt about ur dream lumineon?

Yeah no, Alomomola's fine how it is. It's not meant to be an attacker, and works perfectly fine as a defensive wall, I don't think it needs an evolution because honestly add Eviolite onto that and it's going to be way strong and a lot harder to take down imo with Regenerator. Nevermind what stats the evolution itself would have... :(

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Yeah no, Alomomola's fine how it is. It's not meant to be an attacker, and works perfectly fine as a defensive wall, I don't think it needs an evolution because honestly add Eviolite onto that and it's going to be way strong and a lot harder to take down imo with Regenerator. Nevermind what stats the evolution itself would have... :(

Atleast they can make Luvdisc as its pre evolution form........ :(

I mostly agree with Aerilyn that we need an evolution for male Combee, since the species' gender ratio heavily skews towards male and we need at least a counterpart for Vespiquen.

I agree with aerilyn too...............!!!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Wouldn't it be a little too similar to Beedrill? That could be the reason why they avoided doing this. They could make Male Combee a little more useful by increasing it's stats and adding some decent moves but I can't see them making a male equivalent to Vespiquen unless they some how add Male Combee into the Beedrill evolutionary line.
We haven't had a bee inspired Pokémon since Beedrill though. Plus, there are different types of bees in the world that they can base Combee's new male evolution of without making it too much like Beedrill. I don't think having two bee Pokémon would be a bad thing when there are already other Pokémon who share a common species already.

Atleast they can make Luvdisc as its pre evolution form........ :(
Unfortunately, I don't see how they can make Luvdisc Alomomola's pre-evolution. If they wanted to do that or if that was ever their intention, then they would have done it in Black and White, but they didn't. Maybe there could be some sort of new evolution item that links Luvdisc to Alomola, but I think it's unlikely at this point.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I honestly don't think we need to give Excadrill more tools to work with. I'd like to see a Lumineon evolution... THAT LEARNS QUIVER DANCE.

Yes Lumineon should get an evo, everybody always seems to forget Lumineon.

I was thinking it would be interesting if Phione got an evo, unrelated to Manaphy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Phione probably won't be getting an evolution. ;( It's kind of... long forgotten and it would confuse little kids if it had an evolution that wasn't related to Manaphy in some way lmao.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
We haven't had a bee inspired Pokémon since Beedrill though. Plus, there are different types of bees in the world that they can base Combee's new male evolution of without making it too much like Beedrill. I don't think having two bee Pokémon would be a bad thing when there are already other Pokémon who share a common species already.

Unfortunately, I don't see how they can make Luvdisc Alomomola's pre-evolution. If they wanted to do that or if that was ever their intention, then they would have done it in Black and White, but they didn't. Maybe there could be some sort of new evolution item that links Luvdisc to Alomola, but I think it's unlikely at this point.

Maybe by Link Trade while holding an item just like Electabuzz, Magmar and Rhydon...!!

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I think there will be a few new pre-evolutions and evolutions just due to the fact that they're using all 5 generations of pokemon. A part of me is saying their wont be a lot of them though because there aren't really a lot left other than the 5th gen pokemon and a few 3rd and 4th gen pokemon to give them to.
If there are new types, I'd expect new evolutions from Eevee.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm surprised Jynx didn't get an evolution, Magmar, Electabuzz, Togetic, Rhyhorn & Tangela all got them and they have very similar characteristics. I think Jynx is fine as it is but I would have imagined an evolution if all of those got one.

Flydro

doobz
Years
I don't think the male Combee needs an evolution. From what I've seen on animal planet and these nature documentaries it shows that bugs that live in a big colony are usually ruled by one lone female, the queen. In turn she is served and protected by the drones and workers who are usually the male counterpart. In a bee's case, it could explain why the gender ratio of male to female is so high and why the male Combee don't evolve. Beesides, we already have Beedrill lol

Since I'm on the subject of bug type evos I think Surskit should get a branch evo. I was disappointed to see it go from a water bug to yet another Bug/Flying type, and Masquerain is just terrible. Surskit could evolve into one of those real life water bugs that live and hunt aquatically. It could then retain it's Water/Bug typing while becoming something faster and stronger. The evo method of Surskit's new form could be something new like level up while knowing Rain Dance or something.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
You know who?

Absol!

Absol need an evolution. Maybe a dark/ghost type like in the creepypasta, that would be awesome!

And how about Marowak evolves into a Khangaskan like creature so that fans will finally have what they've been asking all along?

Ok, I know that's a terrible idea, but I just wanted to say it.

Oh, and Gardevoir... Gardevoir please... could there be a more masculine form of Gardevoir for Goodness' sake? I'm aware that we already have Galade, but I want a manly Gardevoir. Maybe they could turn the gown into a cape or something?

And speaking of, Gothita DOES need a male counterpart on it's evolutionary line... please...

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I want a female counterpart for dragonair. See that dragonair looks like a sexy female dragon snake, but dragonite(especially iris's dragonite) is way too masculine. So we need a female counterpart of dragonair..
We can name it Dragete lol:-P

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
All I want is a Ghost Eevee. I've wanted once since my two favourite Pokemon - Espeon and Umbreon - came out haha and that was waaaaaaaay back. I'd be content with just that, anything else is a bonus for me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2019
pre-evos-drowzee, tauros, miltank, magnemite, onix, heatmor, yamask
evos-eevee(duh), tangrowth, delibird

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
Years
I don't think the male Combee needs an evolution. From what I've seen on animal planet and these nature documentaries it shows that bugs that live in a big colony are usually ruled by one lone female, the queen. In turn she is served and protected by the drones and workers who are usually the male counterpart. In a bee's case, it could explain why the gender ratio of male to female is so high and why the male Combee don't evolve. Beesides, we already have Beedrill lol

Since I'm on the subject of bug type evos I think Surskit should get a branch evo. I was disappointed to see it go from a water bug to yet another Bug/Flying type, and Masquerain is just terrible. Surskit could evolve into one of those real life water bugs that live and hunt aquatically. It could then retain it's Water/Bug typing while becoming something faster and stronger. The evo method of Surskit's new form could be something new like level up while knowing Rain Dance or something.

Brilliant! *high fives you*

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You know who?

Absol!

Absol need an evolution. Maybe a dark/ghost type like in the creepypasta, that would be awesome!

And how about Marowak evolves into a Khangaskan like creature so that fans will finally have what they've been asking all along?

Ok, I know that's a terrible idea, but I just wanted to say it.

Oh, and Gardevoir... Gardevoir please... could there be a more masculine form of Gardevoir for Goodness' sake? I'm aware that we already have Galade, but I want a manly Gardevoir. Maybe they could turn the gown into a cape or something?

And speaking of, Gothita DOES need a male counterpart on it's evolutionary line... please...

Absol already has like base 125 or something Attack. It's way strong and an evolution would make it -really- strong, given that Absol has Super Luck too, and so many viable moves with chances of critting. Plus I've always seen it as a standa lone.

And idk, I don't think they'll go giving Gardevoir another evolution especially after Gallade, who really is manly. :( He just needs a sprite redesign!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Absol already has like base 125 or something Attack. It's way strong and an evolution would make it -really- strong, given that Absol has Super Luck too, and so many viable moves with chances of critting. Plus I've always seen it as a standa lone.

And idk, I don't think they'll go giving Gardevoir another evolution especially after Gallade, who really is manly. :( He just needs a sprite redesign!

Absol can have a pre evolution though.. :/ even if it doesnt get it, i seriously wont mind.. Absol is f9 anyway

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Absol can have a pre evolution though.. :/ even if it doesnt get it, i seriously wont mind.. Absol is f9 anyway

Well pre-evo, yeah. That'd be pretty cute, and still somewhat strong in LC, I'd figure!

Back