• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My internet is so damn slow... Aw well...
Anyways, I am here to tell you guys that tomorrow is the start of the second semester of the school year, so that means, less time again to hack. :\
I was also busy in the past few days, and weeks, 'cause we are slowly moving our things to a new home.

So yeah, before I'll be attending school tomorrow, I'll be releasing a new beta for you all. Unfortunately, it's still up to the 5th gym, but don't worry, it took me 22 hours to complete the entire beta. There are still a few signs and speeches to add. Those are minor and are easy to add.

So I guess the hack will then again be slowed down, but at least I can share to you all a new beta to play with, right? :)

Now that I think about it, I still need to insert Guibit's backsprite. >.<

---oOo---​

I think the new Angeallen looks pretty fantastic ;-D
Good work DJG

Thanks.

Lovin the new Angeallen overworld.
Its much more awesome than the old one.
Good luck on your progress~

Thanks~

DJG do you know where I can get the COLD SCARF in your Beta 2 Version 3.1? I am really stuck. Thanks.

Type your question in YouTube.
I have a video there about where to get that darn scarf. :P

Oh wow, it's good to see you working on this hack again (I hope your schoolwork wasn't stressful on you)! Thank you very much for showing us the screenshots of your progress! I can't wait to progress further into the story! ♥

Thanks. :)
And thanks for letting me use Gabby in the game. :)

Destinjagold, we all knew that this hack would be fantastic. But no one knew that it would blow us all away. Congrats! This is an amazing hack and you are 100% Genious! Well Done!

Oh wow, how have I been missing this thread for the last week?
Great updates DJG, glad to see the thread reopened. I've honestly never played very far in this hack (I think I actually only played the first Beta o.O), but I know that it's amazing. (I still keep your old banner in my sig.)
Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Don't worry though. A new beta's gonna be up soon. ;)

Yes, different is better :) ;)

Yep. :P

Wow, Angelan looks kinda diffrerent

Yeah. I don't like the old Angeallen for it looks like a worm. :\

Sorry to say this, DJG... but the old Angeallen's OW is better the
new one. Nice updates, by the way.

And also, did you have Richard and Light's OW inserted?
I would really like to see how they really look like.

Well, I can't please everyone. :D
But thanks. :)
Richard and Light's OW sprites will be the same, since Light is Caina(Benevolent Wings)'s character in the game. And about Richard, well, I don't think he needs his own sprite, since he's... You'll know his background more when you play the upcoming beta. ;)

Awesome OW :O
Even if I'm still fan of old Angelallen this OW is really great.

Hey DJG glad to see this back open ^.^

Nice updates still can't wait for the next release

Thank you!
The next release will be tomorrow. ;)

Nice update!

The sprite is nicely done, especially the yellow/gold wings. I'm also happy you fixed the bugs, because I don't like seeing bugs in hacks nobody likes bugs in their work. :P

Yeah. Crosell's a pretty awesome spriter. :)
Yeah, bugs are nuisances, but I can't really spot every single bug in the game, so... yeah... :P

Angeallen's OW sprite is absolutely amazing! :D Looks a lot better than the old one.
Great job djg, keep up the great work~

Thanks. Yeah, I love it, too.
Crosell's a pretty good spriter. :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay pipz, so i updated the first post now. You can see below the first post the 'Edited' or whatever, which is where you can see what I updated. ;)

Blah, whatever. A new beta's up for you to enjoy playing pipz.
Do note that it's partially tested, so there still might be some glitches or errors or bugs.
Please don't hesitate to post here your bug findings.
If you have questions about the game, specifically, about where to go next, post it in the help thread located in the Scrapbox. A link's available in the first post.

Anyways, I'm gonna be busy in the next days, weeks and months with my life. Second semester just started and I'll be attending school this afternoon. :)

I hope you will enjoy the new beta, pipz. It wasn't easy to do. xD
Also, I wanna apologize for not adding more into it. :\ I was just sooo darn busy. :(

The new beta will take up to Chapter 4 of the LoG storyline. Chapter 5's where you will be selecting your path in changing the LoG storyline. Remember I said you can choose 2 paths? This time, you can choose 3: The good side, the evil side, or just an ordinary trainer side. ;)

I have a lot of plans for this hack. I wanna make this a very enjoyable game, ever, so you pipz can have fun playing the game. :)

That would be all. Damn that was one long post. xD
Thanks~

2j0h01v.jpg
2mcu95.jpg

Yeah... My party's weak. I had difficulty in progressing through the game. I am sure you can out-level my party. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Dayum, long post. I stopped reading after you said about maybe some bugs, lol.

I'mma play it, and, yeah, enjoy it. k?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
eheheh... thanks.
also, I forgot to mention.

everyone who wanna play this HAS TO START A NEW GAME if you don't wanna miss some new stuff I added. ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
So far, I did find a couple errors. The, um... dirt stairs(?) in the starting town, the first one goes on top of the player. And when you're saving, it doesn't say any text after it asks "Would you like to save the game?"

It still asks yes or no, and doesn't mess anything up. Just thought I should let you know~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm having trouble, and I'm about to explode. >>

I cannot, for any reason whatsoever, get through those damn snowy mountains without getting frozen every second. I cannot make it through, because every time I get to the next patch of grass, it freezes me and brings me back straight to the beginning of the mountain. I've went through it, like, nearly 50 times now, and I seriously need help to get through without using walk through walls.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
um, Naoi...
why not use save states?
Shift + Function Keys 1 to 10...?
also, thanks for the bug reports. the tile bug is fixed now, but I can't seem to fix the save bug.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Looking good so far, Jagold.
I'll be sure to play it in between Work and School And Soul Silver
Though I don't like terminating Betas, I'll give it a whirl. ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Eheheh... I see.
Well, I have made a new patch. Since you are having trouble in that area, I made this special patch for you, and to those who are also having trouble in Low Point Path. xD
pbmuh.jpg

Save your game inside the house there, and then replace your game with this new one. :)
Anyways, I'll be going to school now, pipz~

Enjoy the game~ ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Thanks, dude! :D

I think I might restart my game though, seeing as how walk through walls, plus frustration, doesn't help at all. :(

~Darklight~

Dwelling between both sides .
Years
UHM DJG i got a problem .
When i patch beta 4 on my ruby rom Type 0907 it loads the day/night system and then crashes.
Then the title screen won't show up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back