• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Just some doodles, many more to come.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Reuploaded finally, with a new piece.

blah blah blah, just my doodles, some are really old, some are more recent.

A slowpoke, for gits and shiggles.
izoXj1D.png

My roleplay character: Gwen
Scvo5cz.png

Alt art style and my take on Clem from the telltale game The Walking Dead.
ajYvJOO.png

Trying a new style out, on my RP char.
HPkRI11.png

New char for a new RP: Pokémon: The Zeta Emergence
ZhnSY4P.png

Kallen, from the anime Code Geass.
BUeoN1h.png

Request from Batel, to draw his RP character.
sOHQtMW.png

Yet another RP char, for one i'm writing the SU for at the time of drawing it.
1cwRFvI.png

And a few sig's I've made in photoshop

qvTaZ.png

OmNiZ.png

882OB.png

4XjXn.png

FUVZQBx.png

0mRk2U8.gif

WpRAxoM.gif

JJjYTiJ.gif

GfykXeH.gif

Byhq0xt.gif

CupxnXR.gif

BrHEGaF.gif

rDqc915.gif

I like this one, the subtle animation makes it for me.
4HxlTBZ.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Nice work! However, you're gonna need an extra example as per the rules, 4 minimum. If you can get an extra piece up soon that'd be great, thanks!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
My favorite pieces are without a doubt the third and fourth (so far). The expression and body language in the fourth picture make me feel something for either the character, or engages me into the setting. It's as if I want to know more as to get a full understanding of the situation.

As for the 3rd, I think I just like the concept art feeling of it overall.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
The expression and body language in the fourth picture make me feel something for either the character, or engages me into the setting. It's as if I want to know more as to get a full understanding of the situation.

Well if you haven't played the telltale Walking-Dead game to the finish: spoilers, but explanation ahead.

Spoiler:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Nice, and there you have it. I knew there was a mood in that piece, getting the full extent of the story really helps. I won't say much more to prevent spoilers, but I think the age you gave "her" plays into the piece pretty well. You couldn't do what you have with a child. But I'm curious, could you have invoked the same kind of contemplative, I'm beside myself feeling if you played by the age rules? I'm not saying children don't have complex emotions, but I wonder if for this piece, it would be easy to convey the exact same emotion you've already set up.

Years
Oh goodness I love the Slowpoke one so much. It's very simple and the pastel pink really complements it well. The third image with your character is also pretty awesome; her pose really give me a good idea of her character and the stroke shading goes very nicely with it. Though as dbp said, the fourth image is the one that really makes me feel engaged with the image.

Awesome job, keep at it! =D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I too shall spoiler

Spoiler:

And that Slowpoke is absolutely dashing. I feel relaxed just looking at it! n_n;

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Decided to get around to uploading all my other pictures.

Except I didn't, I uploaded one I drew today and got bored.

I'll do the rest soon.

Honest.

Edit: I'll just put this here.
Added a character I drew today, for a role-play.
Not much of an update I know, life's been busy recently and I've got extra shifts at work this week.
I should stop making excuses, it's bad form.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your artwork is very different. i like how you have different styles.
my favorite one is the last one because of the outline and how the shading is. it looks so realistic.
the first one bothers me because it just is plain with no shading.
i would work more on getting your shading right like how the last one is.
great work (: cant wait to see more.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
your artwork is very different. i like how you have different styles.
my favorite one is the last one because of the outline and how the shading is. it looks so realistic.
the first one bothers me because it just is plain with no shading.
i would work more on getting your shading right like how the last one is.
great work (: cant wait to see more.

Thanks, always nice to get some tips.

The first one really was just a quick sketch and colored very abruptly, I did it on livestream, as I waited to start, [A few people were there early].

The last one has much more effort put into it that some of the others.

I try to change up my style a lot, as I find it interesting to experiment whilst drawing, a lot of styles I don't try again, such as the first two pictures, however, some I find myself pleased with and will use them in the future, such as the last example.

I really should get around to uploaded all those pics on my PC.
Frankly it's an issue of being too lazy to go turn it on and shift through all the terrible stuff I have on it.
My new year's resolution shall be: to upload the drawings I have on my PC, before next december.

I'm confident that it will get done.
OK I'm not that confident.
I need a maid.

Years
I guess I'll post something!

http://i.imgur.com/YJ9Q6.png
Aha, very cute! And simple.
I would add a few ripples, just so it looks more like water.
http://i.imgur.com/6Ltok.png

Oh, I like how clean this looks. The shading of the face and neck are good and show where a light source is, but the hair shows differently. Well, some of it. There's some parts of the hair and or face where I'd add some shading. Example, there could be a shadow under the piece of hair that's over the eyebrow, or under the hair piece that's covering the ear.

Otherwise, I'd say you're work is pretty neat! =D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Your new character looks really good. This here is something I'd totally use. <3; I think the shading of the hair could be improved a bit like Ana said but this looks really good even now. Second pic you've posted doesn't look as good though, in my opinion. You've done a neat-o job on the pose and the coloring but shading is a little weird. Her jacket's shading is good, but not her body's. It looks especially weird at the left side of her waist - the part where her jacket is casting a shadow. I'd say it doesn't look like it is matching the jacket's shape. The shading on her head is a little weird too. I think it'd be better to shade strands of hair instead of darkening small parts like you did. The hair in your RP player pic, for example, has some better shading. This would like good if you could emulate something of that sort in here.

Two more things that bother me are
1) The eye's interior is skin-colored.
2) The shadow being cast by hair on her head is really weird. The part just below the hair is totally light while it becomes dark just a little further onward.

So yes, those are my gripes with it. But you're doing a terrific job. I love your stuff. This, if I had to pick one, is my favorite. Just because I probably haven't seen a better use of lines in works for a while now. Really amazing stuff.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your new drawing is really good! i like how you recreated the character again but in a different way.
like Derezio said, the shading is kind of weird. it's like it's thrown in there. try having one piece of light coming down and then draw the shadows to match the light source so it's not all random.
i wish the eyes had that white circle like in the head drawing. it makes the eyes more realistic.
keep drawing more(=

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Redrew a piece from a few months ago to see if I could improve it, any suggestions and criticism would be appreciated:

The Old:
GSZppdj.png

The New:
HPkRI11.png

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I specifically like your style in drawing humans. The shading is subtle and done well. Your art is simple, but in a good way.

Also, I definitely can see improvement between the two drawings you posted, especially with the shading. (:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'd really love to comment on your Clementine piece.

First of all, great job! It looks fantastic. Honestly, I'd expect that caliber of work from an artist working on the game, not a fan just trying to have some fun.

When I first saw the piece, I assumed it was a re-creation of a specific scene in the game we all remember (I won't spoil it, don't worry). When I actually took it all in, I realized she was at least five years older. That got me thinking quite a bit and I really like the path it took me down. I feel that having Clementine sitting in the same position, obviously very haggard and distraught, says just about everything I wish the developers had said upon the game's conclusion.

I'm going to put the rest of this in a "spoiler window" to avoid ruining the game for anyone who's yet to play it.

Spoiler:

Now, the piece itself. I really enjoy it's general composition and detail, but more than that I enjoy it's mood and dark-yet-light feel.
(I'm not an artist, but I live with and love one, so sorry for the lack of terminology).

I think the ripples on her clothing are very well done and provide much more depth with their current color than they ever could if they were jet-black. Techniques like that are quite foreign to me, but I can certainly appreciate them when I see them!

All-in-all, great job! I'd love to see more of your work one of these days!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Spent the last 2 hours writing a sign-up for a new RP and doodled the char afterwards.

Tried a new style out with this one, more of a 'chunky' deformed type drawing.
~45mins in SAI.
ZhnSY4P.png

Back