• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
"A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions" - This should be interesting...

corocoro8135.jpg

blue

gucci
Years
corocoro8136.jpg

16:18: First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
What... I HATE THIS! Why can't these Pokemon (minus freaking BLAZIKEN. WHY THE HELL.... I CAN'T) just get normal evolutions? Will there ever be just average evolutions again? Or is this just laziness and now everything is gonna be called Mega? This is the most dissapointing and gobsmacking piece of info I've ever seen attatched to a pokemon game. Even if I do hate the idea of mega evoulution, I still really like MegaMawile, MegaAmpharos and MegaLucario... (as far as their appearances go) But honestly. Blaziken? A starter? What's next, MegaInfernape? Also this makes Blaziken the first starter with a 4th evolution... assuming these "Mega evolutions" are even permanent? They almost look like limited boosts. And if these are restricted to events only, Then I am REALLY gonna question rather or not I purchase X/Y...

Edit: And why even bother talking about the 3 new pokemon... Generic pikachu, Bugs Bunny (possible generic rodent) and a Gogoat evo we all pretty much knew already existed.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
People really need to stop overreacting, corocoro did mention it was gonna be the scoop of the century, so it's not like they'd post something normal.
This is something new, very new.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
"Hold a Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken"

What is this? Digimon?

This is awful, this is really potentially the worst change Pokemon have ever done. The electric fairy is unnecessary, how many trying-to-be-cute electric rodents do we need? The only redeeming feature of those scans is the rabbit...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Serebii's twitter updated saying that everything is now 100% confirmed.

Years
it seems to me fake...
all this mega thing just look like a fans idea...
but i wouldn't mind having mega evolution, especially if charizard get one(it would be so epic!)

by the way mega blazikan look a little bit like torchic original design(which had a wings on his head just like mega blazikan

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I'm betting this is real, it would take to much time to fake. I like the concept and I'm sure there will still be new plain evolutions as well. I like the gym leader design and the item that evolves torchic. I'm guessing there be many evolutions like that with items similar to it.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Serebii has in the past confirmed something that is fake. Since none of the new Pokemon and forms reflect the art style of Ken Sugimori, this whole thing could be a big prank. None of the images on Serebii look real at all.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Serebii has in the past confirmed something that is fake. Since none of the new Pokemon and forms reflect the art style of Ken Sugimori, this whole thing could be a big prank. None of the images on Serebii look real at all.

Actually, 1, the scan of the corocoro cover confirms their legitimacy, 2, the art style is Very sugimori, it has his signature line art and shading. And painterly style.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I am interested in the MegaPokemon and I'm curious to see how it will be a game-changer.

Are the Pokemon stuck in their mega forms permanently once you turn them into a MegaPokemon?

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
okay then...it is confirmed to be real.
I like the designs of the mega pokemon. except for mega ampharos.
I'd like to know more of what they exactly are and what their purpose is before i can have a full opinion

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I am interested in the MegaPokemon and I'm curious to see how it will be a game-changer.

Are the Pokemon stuck in their mega forms permanently once you turn them into a MegaPokemon?

Judging by the fact Mewtwo in the movie could switch at will, it's possible that it's not Permanent, but that's the movie, so it might be permanent, as it does use "Evolution" in the name.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Well, that escalated quickly...

Anyway, I'm utterly shocked that the Mega-Evolutions have been confirmed, but I can't help but wonder if it'll be fake all along. I don't have much of an opinion on them, except for Meg Mawile, with its twin jaws; that's interesting, IMO.

From a competitive perspective: Since Meg Mawile gained Huge Power, I wonder if it'll see some use in the lower tiers? Now that Meg Absol gained Magic Bounce, it won't fear status moves like Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp anymore; it may still have those low defenses to worry about. Meg Lucaro's Adaptability Close Combat sure is going to hurt, will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back