• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I kinda don't want to be able to steal starters, if that doesn't sound weird.. Its such a generic thing I see in hacks. I like more variation in what I can get, or in Apollo's case, steal.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
enjoying the hack so far, but question, when the helicopter crashes after collecting the cubon skulls, when i get out of the helicopter, i go back to the pokemon center and the guy with red hair says to get the skulls

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I wish you the best of luck with this.
Alot of Team Rocket hacks seem to die, despite being brilliant.
The maps are good, and the new overworlds too.

Will you be updating all the overworlds to that style?

Thanks! I'm really hoping it doesn't die! Now that exams are done, more work is being done on it.
I'm currently scripting the new events, theres a fair bit of content so it'll probably still be awhile.

Yes I do plan on updating the other OWs! It's a relatively low priority atm though haha, it's a tad tedious. I've been having some weird problems with my expanded OW table as well which is the main
reason for not doing it sooner.

enjoying the hack so far, but question, when the helicopter crashes after collecting the cubon skulls, when i get out of the helicopter, i go back to the pokemon center and the guy with red hair says to get the skulls

That's just the end of the beta! I'm not the best at finding obvious ways to do so, that won't cause problems in the long run.

I wear this Rocket Banner with pride!

Thanks so much hahaha! Also in reference to your starter comment, I personally don't want to put them in the wild at this stage, as to me it doesn't seem particularly logical, and will be fairly exploitable. How it stands though, it'll probably a limited purchase or theft.

I like this hack, but some maps looks too empty.

Thanks! I think I should probably add some flowers. This would help a lot I believe. I just hate making movement.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
I don't know if this is a known bug or not. But I just used abra's teleport. But it teleported me not to the pokecenter, but to an empty gym or something like that. Which you can't escape.

80C

"This is a text filler!"
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Hmm... this seems to be a 3rd generation version of Pokemon Team Rocket Edition, did you got inspired also by that game?

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I noticed when I search Pokemon Apollo on goog, there's some pages about a team rocket member named that. So I was just wondering Bayer, where did you get the name idea "Apollo?"

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
When will the next beta version be out, I just can't wait any longer D:
This is probably the best hack I've come across so far.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
When will the next beta version be out, I just can't wait any longer D:
This is probably the best hack I've come across so far.

Hahha thanks! That means a lot. I've been working on it a lot more recently, scripting and such.
Chances are it'll be out in June. That being said I don't want to rush it, as the other releases have been pretty glitchy :P

Yeah, we're waiting for the next release man! Also, please add some 4/5th Gen. pokes asap, please.

I don't really plan on any 3/4/5th gen pokemon at the moment. That being said, some of the evolutions of Gen 1/2 pokemon may make an appearance. Not by the next one though, sorry :P

I don't know if this is a known bug or not. But I just used abra's teleport. But it teleported me not to the pokecenter, but to an empty gym or something like that. Which you can't escape.

yeah Teleport is a bit buggy. I'm going to look into fixing that. Dig works fine however.

Hmm... this seems to be a 3rd generation version of Pokemon Team Rocket Edition, did you got inspired also by that game?

Surprisingly no, I'd never played that. The Rocket hacks I have heard about are Fuligin, Toxic Purple and TDT. The problem I found with many of them was that it didn't feel like real Team Rocket. I can't say anything about TRE though.

I noticed when I search Pokemon Apollo on goog, there's some pages about a team rocket member named that. So I was just wondering Bayer, where did you get the name idea "Apollo?"

I originally was going to just called it Pokemon Rocket. But to me that sounded strange so I just went for a kind of rocket. Originally I planned on making the player Apollo and forcing gender, but to me grunts are more fun.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
wow dis game is looking amazing to play :)
This time not d heroes but d villans !! :)
Im definitely gonna play dis !! :)
And can i ask u sumthng ?
Hav u got a walkthrough for dis ??

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
:( you can't play the slot machines.

Why can't you name the Pokémon that you receive/get/steal?
The old lady in the house on route16 doesn't interact.
Hopefully these are unnone bugs/glitches and I'm not annoying the sh#t of you
Can't wait for the next update release

Last edited:

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
After the helicopter crash I didn't walk out the helicopter. But entered into the pokecenter. In lavendertown.
What to do now? I can't get past the plain clothes grunt. And I can't get past the police. And I can't wake up snorelax.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I dunno if it was said yet, but for me, sometimes, James's sprite is really weird... like, a yellowish-based inversion.
When I play it again, I'll grab a screenshot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Looks pretty good... So far.... except if you added ash as the opponent that would be awesome LOL!!!

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Looks pretty good... So far.... except if you added ash as the opponent that would be awesome LOL!!!

Eww Ash...

This is an interesting hack! Playing as Team Rocket is so interesting!
Well, I think you should change all the overworlds in this hack, cos HGSS styled overworlds mixed with original overworlds is weird.
Good luck with this, I'm looking forward for more updates!

• Rizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back