• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics & Photography Tutorials Thread

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yeah, that would be CSS, doesn't really have much to do with Graphics themselves. xD;

Perhaps you'd do better asking for help with a CSS signature in the Community Questions & Feedback forum, or maybe you could ask one of your friends who has an interactive signature for their CSS code so you can play around with it and make it your own. ^^

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Well I Made A Tut/Demonstration for my Smudge settings, i use these quite a lot, and i thought it would be better to show everybody, i don't know if this would help much people, but i hope it does.

Program Used: Adobe Photoshop (I'm pretty sure it will work for 7.0 and up)
Required: Adobe Photoshop, a basic knowledge of photoshop.
Skill Level: Very Easy (You don't need skill)
Link:Smudge Settings

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
With all the time I've got, I made a real tutorial this time. xD It's not just a color adjustment manipulation blah, so get ready to make a tag from start to finish. *shot'd*

Program Used: Adobe Photoshop CS2 (I'm pretty sure it's translatable to 7.0+)
Required: Listed in the tutorial, but you'll need decoration brushes, and at least two fractals.
Skill Level: Easy
Tutorial: Over the rainbow~! Fixing the link at the moment.

Finished product:
rozenmaiden.png

edit: Alrighty guys. The image upload is taking ages, and I want to go to bed! Sooo, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow then. Sorry. :<

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Selfish that's what you are can't be bothered to wait for an upload
o.O;;

I like the finished product, and this will help me, to finally actually use brushes in my tags, ( i would say *Shot'd* but thats way overused by you xDDD *shot'd* Lawl) well I'm going to start updating my computer, I've got so many textures and c4ds....that are the same D:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
No, the problem is that it keeps re-sizing my tutorial so you can't read the text. xDD

But I finally found an image hosting site that won't resize it. *it's really really tall. xD*

So the link is up now~

By the way, you need fractals for this, not c4d's. :< Just surf planet render's apophysis fractal section.

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
Aww, I hate using fractals D:

It's a nice tutorial though. Cool outcome. I might give it a go when I become bothered enough to actually make something. Also, it'll help motivate me to get some more brushes~

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
You uploaded your banner to the PokéCommunity server thing. If you want a larger sized banner, I suggest that you upload it to a different image hosting site, such as Imageshack or Photobucket.

Oh, and just to say, I saw your banner at the original size in the Graphics Rating Thread, and they were pretty large. Just be aware of the Signature Rules before you put something too big in it :\

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Can someone direct me to or make a lighting tutorial? If I ever get my PS back it's something I want to work on.

Years
Well for lighting you can start with placing a lens flare around your render in a spot that would make sense and seem to flow well, or even use light textures found throughout the internet. Appendix Squared is a good source for light textures.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
why do you need a lightning tutorial? there is brushes ya know

filter > render >clouds

filter > rener > diffrence clouds.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I suppose someone could make a lighting tutorial, but it's really more of a skill you learn by practice and experimentation.

Most tutorials have a part in them that tell you where and how they added a light source (and sometimes why they put it there), and that's really all there is to it. xD;

Last edited:
Back