• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Whats your favorite theme song?

Whats your favorite theme song?

• Season 2: Pokemon World

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Season 3: Pokemon Johto

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Season 4: Born to Be a Winner

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Season 5: Believe in Me

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Season 6: I Wanna Be a Hero

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Season 7: This Dream

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Season 8: Unbeatable

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Season 9: Battle Frontier

• Season 10: Diamond and Pearl

• Season 11: We Will Be Heroes

• Season 12: Battle Cry

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Season 13: We Will Carry On

• Season 14: Black and White

• Season 15: Rival Destinies

• Season 16: It's Always You and Me

• Total voters

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
ive recently been watching old episodes and run across nostalgiac theme songs such has the johto league champions and master quest. whats your fav besides the original? mines season 7 (This Dream)

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
To be fair, I've only heard of a few of them, but of those I heard I liked the black and white one most (I heard it in the victini and zekrom/reshiram movie).

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
This is way too hard... I only get to pick one? :cheeky:

Master Quest was a good one, as was We Will Be Heroes. The one for Sinnoh League Victors was my ringtone for a time also. I didn't care for Battle Frontier much.

Years
I actually liked a fair few of the theme songs but my all-time faves are Black & White (Season 14), Diamond & Pearl (Season 10) and Pokemon Theme (Season 1).

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I prefer listening to the Japanese themes over the English versions (especially the Unova openings)....

English i really like the how the vocals and the music in the 14th 15th and 16th openings work together. I could only vote for one so I went with the 14th, my favorite opening so far... love more the Spanish version more than English.

Last edited:
Years
There are so many dub openings that I just adore. Born to Be a Winner was my favorite though I think, I adored the scene with all the gym leaders and the music was just fantastic. Listened to it over and over all the time when I was younger!

There's also I Wanna Be a Hero, This Dream, Unbeatable, and Pokemon Johto that I loooved.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Born to be a winner and of course, I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Good call dropping the first one out as I would say everyone would have voted it their favourite lol. As for me I love Pokemon Johto, Diamond and Pearl and Black and White

Years
I mainly watched the first few seasons of the series, so the original, Orange Islands and first Johto theme were all among my favorites.

Having heard all of the themes again recently, though, I remembered just how much I loved Unbeatable. It had a similar feel to some of the earlier themes, and would probably be second on my list of all of the themes (just behind the first one).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I actually like most of them except for Diamond and Pearl's. Though in general I wasn't very fond of Sinnoh's openings. But if I had to choose with ones I liked the most it would have to go to the Original Theme, Pokemon Johto, This Dream, Unbeatable, and Black and White.

Now I'm going to go and listen to all the theme songs bbl.

Guy

just a guy
Years
While I like a majority of them, it's the Battle Frontier theme song that sticks out the most for me. It came at a time when I was deep into Pokémon with some of my friends and every evening we would watch repeat airings of the Battle Frontier arc on Cartoon Network together. It was a lot of fun and for that it wins due to pure nostalgia. Literally every time I hear it, I go back to that moment in my life and I smile.

To specifically name a few others that stand out: Pokémon's Original Theme Song, Born to Be a Winner, I Wanna Be a Hero, and Diamond and Pearl.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2015
We will be heroes is just so cool, I couldnt stop listening to it for ages when I first saw it, it was playing in my head :D

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
my favorites are the first, third, and and 13th. i can't stand the 14th though. to me, listening to it is about as enjoyable as listening to a thousand screeching children.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Pokemon World is my personal favorite. I do like a mix of rap and pop, and that's just what this song is. Pokemon Johto is a close second if I had to vote for another. So generally, I prefer the older songs, because the newer ones are a waste of time.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
favorite pokemon theme

Sinninoh League Victors in the language of Japanese and Adventures in Unova in the language of English memorized and can sing very well the Japanese one. I don't know Japanese I just memorized.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh jeez. Um Believe In Me has always been one I adore. And then I Wanna Be A Hero and This Dream and Unbeatable are all amazing. And I wasn't all that enthused on Best Wishes dub openings to begin with but Black and White grew on me and aaaah Rival Destinies and It's Always You And Me are great. Although weirdly for Rival Destinies I don't like the extended version much? I usually like them a lot more.

Um but yeah those are my favourites. I'm not about to choose just one.
whoops my favourite themes correspond to my favourite seasons

Guest123_x1

My favorite opening themes are Born To Be A Winner and the original Pokémon Theme. Both of them bring back memories for sure, particularly the latter.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Gah there's so many good dub themes. But my favorite has to be Pokemon Johto which is the one I voted for. The Do do dos are just so catchy.Right after that would be Battle Cry and the original theme cause I love singing in and it has good lyrics.

Back