• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2022
For now on, I'm using VMware XP Mode for using sappy. A plus is shared folders so I can share the roms to hack with it

EDIT: It won't work well. When I try to play a track in Sappy 2006 it closes itself. I tried Sappy 2005 but it crashed. Please help :]

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Use google, and google helmeted rodent, open their webpage, download the installer, and it should work.

I understood that bit, but I can't find a 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' file anywhere.

I have a strange feeling it's related to visual basic. I program in visual basic, and I have that file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Sappy problem =(!
Although I can add music and this sounds quite good.
The normaly songs has a infinite loops but my songs that I add not (stop at 3minutes and than you hear nothing)
WHY?

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
when i assemble the song i get this error
error#1002 syntax error WTF does that mean

help me someone please

reply asap
i need help solvnig this error when i assemble a song in sappy
error#1002 syntax error
Solutions:
1-Your MIDI file name maybe long you have to short it
Ex: Zeldaxpokemon55697.mid-->Zelda.mid

2-You have to re set the tempo to closer value

Ex: 140-->141

Alright concerning sappy problems:

1-XP users must use:

protable sappy 2006 available here:

http://cid-cf11ecf238431eb2.office.live.com/self.aspx/HackRom%20Tools/Music%20%5E0%20sound/Portabe%20Sappy.rar

Sappy 2006 issues under xp:
QQ: Why Sappy does not assemble anymore?
AA: open any folder then at top menu Tools-->Folders options then file type tab look for (*.S) extension and remove it.

2-Vista/7 Users must use:
Fixed Sappy 2005.

First download and install original sappy 2005 installation package available here:

https://cid-cf11ecf238431eb2.office.live.com/self.aspx/Privat tools/Old/sappy10.rar

Then download & use Fixed Sappy 2005 available here:
http://cid-cf11ecf238431eb2.office....kRom Tools/Music ^0 sound/Fixed Sappy2005.zip

Sappy problem =(!
Although I can add music and this sounds quite good.
The normaly songs has a infinite loops but my songs that I add not (stop at 3minutes and than you hear nothing)
WHY?
You must Loop it

Last edited:

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2011
Umm... I click on "assemble that ugly thing" and it says:

Error #1002 "syntax error"
On line ".byte &Hbc -- Passion ~single version~_key+0".

What does this mean?

And how the heck do you change the tempo?

Last edited:

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
I'm having a really weird glitch whenever I try to put in a song.

I get through the "Assemble song" process, but whenever I try to listen to it, it comes out as a weird popping/buzzing noise.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Years
Okay, I'm not very used to using Sappy anyways, but I have a couple problems :S

When tried using my computer with it, but whenever I open my .gba rom (like Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, etc.) it says Sappy 2006 (I don't know if that means it's outdated or not; but I can't find a better one anyways) stopped responding and closes it. Then, I tried using it on my laptop and it let me open the rom but it says Sappy 2006 has encoutered a problem when I clicked "Assemble that ugly thing!".
Help? For either one? Please?
:'(

Last edited:

Edgar7878

The name is Butch not Pingas.
Years
ht tp://filetrip.net/f9566-Sappy-2006.html
download this and open the file called intilisateur or somethin like that so install it to C: /sappy than wait until it finishes installing. Voila! its not givin a vbalcbex6.ocx error now!
Thanks to Learath2!

Last edited:

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
ht tp://filetrip.net/f9566-Sappy-2006.html
download this and open the file called intilisateur or somethin like that so install it to C: /sappy than wait until it finishes installing. Voila! its not givin a vbalcbex6.ocx error now!
WOW! YOU ARE GOD DUDE! I've been dealing with that damn vbal error forever and thought it was unfixable. But that fixed it and now I can continue making remixes and stuff :).

Kronos

Shooting Star
Years
I'm having a really weird glitch whenever I try to put in a song.

I get through the "Assemble song" process, but whenever I try to listen to it, it comes out as a weird popping/buzzing noise.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Either one of three things happened:

Your instruments don't match the instrument list you set.
Your instruments don't exist in Pokemon games.
You are exceeding the sound output capabilities of the GBA.

Try going to the FR Instruments guide thread and change things around in your midi file to match an instrument list. That should fix some things.

pkaurastorm

"The Only Legit Pokesav'r" ")
Years
i open my emulator but the healing theme comes up instade of my Owl city Fireflies MIDI file/ .s file help?!

EDIT: Ok I Realize Not All Files Work LOL But Why Do They Sound So Weird?

Last edited:
Back