• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you playing B2W2 on 3DS?

You play B2W2 on...

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 112 63.3%
  • Both

Votes: 27 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Playing it on a DS Lite myself. Or rather, on my sibling's DS Lite. Mine has a broken hinge that makes it hard to play on and it also doesn't seem to like to connect to wifi at all anymore. Hopefully I'll be getting a 3DS to replace my DS relatively soon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
What is this start and select thing you speak of?
One only needs to hold select, actually. Do so as a DS game is starting (ie. during the black screen before anything comes up).

What does it do?
As Dmatt said, it will cause a DS game to run at its native resolution. I will add that because the physical size of pixels on a 3DS screen is smaller, the display will be smaller than on a DS.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I'm playing on a 3DS because my little sister is the one with a DSi.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I recently got my 3DS. I thought I might as well play it on it since my DS Lite was getting old, something was wrong with the screen and the hinges were damaged a bit.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Well, I have a 3DS, but I also have a DSi XL, which is much, much better for playing DS games on, so I've been using that for Black 2, except for when I've been using the Dream Radar to transfer things over. DS games look a little blurry to me when they're on the 3DS screen, whereas on the XL they're a lot crisper...even if they are magnified to at least twice their original size.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
One of the hinges that keeps the screen is broken (so the screen's floppy) on my regular DS so I've been playing on the 3DS just because it's broken, haha. :3

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
both, but I prefer playing on my DSi, as it looks so much better IMO on it. I get frustrated with the graphics on 3ds because I want it to be as good as it can be. And also, my DSi is in perfect working condition, so I basically only use the 3ds for 3d games :D

Pinta77

I just play on my DS lite. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get a 3DS soon if the next pokemon games are for 3ds =/

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I play on either as I have them both but it really doesn't matter

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2012
i been playing on my 3DS-xl and actually grown pretty used to it and dosent really bother me but when you go to the 1:1 ratio looks like if you playing on a DSi or lite if you like the sharper more crisp look, but im ok with the softer look plus its easier on the eyes , kinda looking forward to seeing what GF has in store for the next generation :)

I can live without the good graphics on the ds. Enjoying my blue 3DS XL right now :P

thats what i have to its aweeesome lol wish i could get my hands on the charizard one tho looks sick or maybe the pikachu edition too T-T but would be useless to me with the region lock tho damn you nintendo

Last edited:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I'm using my 3DS, but only because my DS Lite is almost unplayable on, what with the L button AND the hinge being broken. I only use the latter for trading when I need it now. Plus, the Wi-fi in my house is incompatible with my DS.

(it's almost like god hates my ds lite because i can no longer play with it)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I'm using my Nintendo DSi XL, because that's the only thing standing that can use it. Obviously, a GBA can't play it...I have already sold my old Nintendo DS Lite, broken hinge, broken top screen and all...and I don't even have a Nintendo 3DS, let alone a 3DS XL. For sure, when I get a 3DS XL when my DSi XL breaks, I'm immediately switching and never going back, because the DSi XL would automatically get sold when I'm gonna buy the 3DS XL. I'll get adapted to the issues in graphics when a 3DS plays a DS game...at least that's what they say...about the 3DS, that it can't play DS games as well as the true DS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't like what the 3DS does to the graphics on DS games, so I prefer to play it on the DS. My 3DS is used exclusively for Legend of Zelda and when I need to trade/migrate Pokémon to White 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back