• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Colony

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

maxresdefault.jpg

COLONY

Premise
In a future where Humans have finally discovered technology which allows them to explore the universe in all it's glory. In the most alien reaches of the galaxy, in deepest space, lay a planet. Upon this planet, designated COLONY 23D, affectionally 'Fortuna' following the convention of planet naming. The Colonial Program intiated a part of it where Colonists had amnesia induced by chemicals and then put in to suspended animation and loaded in to the colony ship

The Colony ship enabled it's faster-than-light drive (
Alcubierre Warp Drive) and arrived at Fortuna in a month. The ship landed and unpacked its modules, opening several Habitation moduals. At this point mining robots were activated and started to collect resourses. The Colonists themselves were stripped away of their identity and just became drones as the vanguards of the new colony.

A year later, another wave, this time a fleet of Colony ships. The first one set up a larger glass dome, and the secondary ones woke up their colonists, the colonists were given preprepared lives, the perfect society. Their name, their family, their jobs, who they would they would love, what ambition they had, how many children they would have, what their personalites would be like, what genetic defects they would likely have. Every single thing predicted, planned and adapted for.

The old settlers were updated, assimilated in to this new system. After 20 years, the generation cycle, a smaller colony ship arrived and gave the latest colonists, along with some more robots. You were anticipated and adapted for in the system. But there's something strange about this place. You do not know of the preplanned future. But you end up wanting to know more, and more and more.

This is my premise for a rp, how can I improve it what should the SU be like?
If this doesn't get off the ground this can be the premise for a story.

Years
Well I'm loving the story idea and would throw money at the book. I'm quite curious to see exactly how you plan on making it work as an RP though.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Apparantly, on a skype chat with Pikachu, she thought it would make an interesting RP. I wanted to verify this as she was rather tired at the time. This was intially a idea for a book.

Years
It does sound like a fantastic book. I just don't know if there is enough going on to push the plot forward. Or specifically enough plot to make people want to post and push the story forward.

Back