• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japan knife attack: 19 killed at care centre in Sagamihara

Years
Via BBC

Nineteen residents have been killed in a knife attack at a care centre for people with mental disabilities in the Japanese city of Sagamihara.
Such attacks are extremely rare in Japan - the incident is the worst mass killing in decades.
Police have arrested a man who worked at the centre until February, and who turned himself into police after the attack.
He reportedly said he wanted people with disabilities to "disappear".
The brutal killings have shocked Japan, one of the safest countries in the world.

As a disabled person myself, I am utterly shocked. It was someone who worked at the centre too! Someone who was trusted by these people.
I'm just so scared, because it seems that others don't see us as people still, but rather a burden.

What do you think?

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
how is japan one of the safest countries ? just curious now

but wow that is scary indeed and so sad
damn japan, you on my top 5 list of places to go to
don't make me get doubts;-;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
It is unfortunate. I think, in such an instance, understanding the motive of the killer might be pretty important. Thing is, where that one person is, there definitely is more and Japan in particular likes to put a lot of social pressure on those that live in it.

Shuhbooty

space and time
Years
Whoa this is interesting and scary! D: I gotta go find this article.

Best regards to the families.. I can't imagine.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Japan is number nine on the Atlas index of safest countries. Crime is crime. Japan doesn't suffer mass shootings, they suffer mass stabbings.

One of the most lethal mass killings (perpetrated by a single principal) in the world happened in Japan. With a knife, of course. Nevertheless, this killing does not detract from the deaths that occurred or the lives that were affected by this attack. I'm sure he had his reasons, that to him, we're perfectly reasonable. I suspect that instead of actually being a member of the staff he should probably have been a patient.

#knifecontrol #banallknives

Back