• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo Event

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
For the past month or so [Here in the UK], The keldeo event has been out.
From 1st Septembet to the 11th October, Keldeo has been up for free wifi grabs on the Game/Gamestation Wifis.
This was mostly to celebrate the release of Black and White 2, allowing you to do some other Keldeo event on there, which requires you to have Keldeo from BW 1.
The Keldeo is given to you by the delivery man in any Pokémon Center, it is Level 15 and has a ''Wish Ribbon''/''Luck Ribbon''.

So, those who got it, was it worth it?
Those who have missed it, did you want it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I got it! With only like one or two days to go lmao. I was too ashamed to get it earlier on. ;( However... I haven't picked it up from the store yet. :x When I do I don't really plan on using it though tbh, since I'm planning on giving the other Keldeo to Kaori whenever we get free time to trade. :3

blue

gucci
Years
Wish I knew about this before hand cause I would have went to GAME and downloaded it. It ends today but the nearest GAME is quite far away so idk if there's any point, I hope they do another Keldeo event.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The event already ended in North America on Oct. 6. Genesect started here Oct. 7. Supposedly it goes over full Wifi at some point, so I haven't gone to an EB yet. But I won't delve into Genesect, it's for an entirely different game...

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Ok, maybe not. I went into GAME today to pick up a copy of Black 2 and the girl on the checkout asked me if I had downloaed the Keldeo event, turns out it runs until the 19th October so I got it!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No, Nintendo's offical dates were until October 6th. That's what was up on Pokemon.com so that Gamestop is holding the cartridge for the download, which will get them a fine for doing so. I've seen a whole store close for that before.

If they got it late, then maybe they're making up for the lost time, but they should have sent that back a Saturday ago.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No, Nintendo's offical dates were until October 6th. That's what was up on Pokemon.com so that Gamestop is holding the cartridge for the download, which will get them a fine for doing so. I've seen a whole store close for that before.

If they got it late, then maybe they're making up for the lost time, but they should have sent that back a Saturday ago.
Agreed. Similar reasons are why I couldn't get NSMB2 a day early, on August 18, even though I was not expected to be in the city the next day. While they could have in theory handed me the game and I give them my money (because it was in the back), even just doing that and processing the sale the next day is wrong for them to do, and for a major chain store like Best Buy or Future Shop, the fine alone would be enough to possibly close the store, but at the very least they would no longer have the right to sell Nintendo products!

Sounds like the same could happen to this GS for offering the event outside its timeframes.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
I got it, it's definitely going to be worth it to me. I haven't gotten Black 2 or White 2 yet but I plan to and to transfer the Keldeo over and get it in it's Resolute Form. It's definitely going to earn a place on a competitive team for me.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Yeah...I kinda missed the memo on this event. But I'm not too mad, I did get Genesect. >.<

Years
For the past month or so [Here in the UK], The keldeo event has been out.
From 1st Septembet to the 11th October, Keldeo has been up for free wifi grabs on the Game/Gamestation Wifis.
This was mostly to celebrate the release of Black and White 2, allowing you to do some other Keldeo event on there, which requires you to have Keldeo from BW 1.
The Keldeo is given to you by the delivery man in any Pokémon Center, it is Level 15 and has a ''Wish Ribbon''/''Luck Ribbon''.

So, those who got it, was it worth it?
Those who have missed it, did you want it?

Id Like One yes i didnt know at first it was a Wi-fi Gift from BW1 i thought it was a PRe-order Bonus For BW2 so i missed out

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I got the Keldeo on a friend's White because he didn't want it (because it was simply a pony ugh the nerve of him) and transferred it over to my White 2. So now it's sitting in the box there. Maybe I'll actually use it sometime idk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I got the Keldeo and I used it in Black2 as soon as I was able to trade! He's been a trusty team partner ever since <3

I was a bit disappointed that I completely overlooked the area where Keldeo changes forme
Spoiler:
so he stayed in his normal forme throughout my main storyline, but it's not too big of a deal. I'm just thankful to have him at all. I wish he did something more in BW, though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I got my Keldeo right on the first day, five minutes before my local Gamestop closed lol. I did the event with the other musketeers and taught it Sacred Sword. I'm not sure if I was suppose to do that, but I plan to transfer it to Black2 once I get it. But right now he resides in a box on White.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I got my Keldeo right on the first day, five minutes before my local Gamestop closed lol. I did the event with the other musketeers and taught it Sacred Sword. I'm not sure if I was suppose to do that, but I plan to transfer it to Black2 once I get it. But right now he resides in a box on White.

I believe he has to learn Sacred Sword in B2W2 if you want him to change forme, if that's what you're after. If so, you'll need to make him forget the move and teach it to him again in Black2. If not, you have nothing to worry about c:

Pinta77

I got keldeo. It ended up being pretty useful since my rival had a fire type. I think the fighting/water combo was very convinient.

Years
After much procrastinating, I got my Keldeo. It currently sits in a box but I intend to soft reset for the right nature.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
I didn't. It was supposed to have come out here in the german countries, but I couldn't find what stores they were in and I didn't want to bother try all the obvious stores. Although I did want Keldeo. I generally like keeping legends and boxing em.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I got the event Keldeo several days before the event ended, luckily. I don't think I'll transfer it over until I finish White2.

Back