• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue42

Ninja
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Hey I'm working on a ruby game for me and my friends and I want to change the rival's name so when you type [rival] it says something different

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2012
Hey, does anyone know how i can edit the professor in the beginning of Pokemon Emerald when he is introducing the game and asking who you are.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hey.

Can anyone link me to a download for a GBA Pokemon Trainer Editor please?

The toolbox section of this website is awful, 80% of the links are outdated or broken... Downloading programs is a pain. Every PET and A-Trainer download I have tried has been instantly been removed by Mcafe for being a trojan.

Years
You can edit the images by downloading NSE Classic. There is a Bookmark under the Hero Interactions folder, called Exclamations, that has the image for your editing pleasure :D

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A-TEXT!!!

your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?
i found a solution!
(ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!

FINALLY!

+1000 internets to the person that posted this on wiki.answers

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i found a solution!
(ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!
That was really a problem for someone? o.O
It works for every Windows OS, if you download the missing part and put it into system32 A-Text will work.

Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.
ASM isn't downloadable... ASM is a programming language.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017

That was really a problem for someone? o.O
It works for every Windows OS, if you download the missing part and put it into system32 A-Text will work.

ASM isn't downloadable... ASM is a programming language.
Then how would I go about editing it in my hack?

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
Is there anyway to create a level condition for item-evolutions, so they need to be a certain level before they can evolve with an item?

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
Oak Intro Sprite

I'm having a small issue with the intro sprite for Prof. Oak (intro speech sprite).
i've found the sprite (342 and 256 color mode in unLZ) but i can't find the right palette for it.
is there anything special i need to do in order to find the correct palette, or am i just doing something wrong?

here's a pic of what it looks like with the default palette for it.

TL;DR is there any way to get the right palette for this?
(btw, i've already tried using the Next Pal and Previous Pal buttons, and all the palettes that load don't look like they are for oak.)

Last edited:

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Does anyone know how to fix the part when the hero shrinks down into the over world?
It is supposed to be all white but for some reason mine has black squares in it.
Can someone help?

surfer treecko

help, how do I...?
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Is there a quick and easy way to make items in the overworld? The way I've been doing it is using setflag after you pick up the item, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the game does... (and it sometimes causes things to disappear before I've even picked them up)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hey, does anyone know how i can edit the professor in the beginning of Pokemon Emerald when he is introducing the game and asking who you are.

Use A-Text, there are 9 strings that make up his entire intro speech. They are located at the following, in order:
0x2C89FB
0x5E8692
0x2C8A1F
0x2c8bD0
0x2C8BDD
0x2C8BFF
0x2C8C1C
0x2CEC2A
0x2C8C7A

I'm having a small issue with the intro sprite for Prof. Oak (intro speech sprite).
i've found the sprite (342 and 256 color mode in unLZ) but i can't find the right palette for it.
is there anything special i need to do in order to find the correct palette, or am i just doing something wrong?

here's a pic of what it looks like with the default palette for it.

TL;DR is there any way to get the right palette for this?
(btw, i've already tried using the Next Pal and Previous Pal buttons, and all the palettes that load don't look like they are for oak.)

I don't think the palette that Oak uses in the intro is unLZ compressed, at least Birch in Ruby/Emerald isn't, so I don't think it will be found in unLZ. You can use VBA's palette viewer and APE's search feature to pinpoint the offset where his palette is. Since the image is 256 colors it can be a bit tricky to find, which is why the offset hasn't been posted around here.

Is there a quick and easy way to make items in the overworld? The way I've been doing it is using setflag after you pick up the item, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the game does... (and it sometimes causes things to disappear before I've even picked them up)

The games simply uses the "giveitem" command followed by "end". Place that script in the Pokeball OW sprite on your map and it should work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
Hey, i have some weird trouble with XSE, when i turn on XSE this morning, it after one second turn off. this is first time, when XSE did taht. I using XSE 1.11 I saw that, when i turn on it, it turn off and delate file command.dat (if that file is with XSE in the same catalog). Any resets did any results. Has anyone any idea?
If wrong thread, sorry, and please move it to correct thread.

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
[also posted this in the request thread]
can someone link me to a working download (or the thread) of JPAN's clean Fire Red patch?
(the one that removes all scripts and stuff)

i can't seem to find it anywhere. :\
(already did much searching along with going through most of JPAN's posts)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Bumping this, because it never got a response when I posted it a couple of pages ago, and also because the subsequent thread I made was never approved and posted by a moderator (for reasons still unbeknownst to me).

TLDR: I need help modifying the properties of specific moves in HG/SS. Could someone walk me through it, please?

Full: Ok, so I understand that there really isn't a specific attack editor for HG/SS, yet. At least, the one in PPRE isn't finished. Anyway, I heard that it's possible to take a rom of Diamond/Pearl and use Attack Editor DS to modify specific moves in those games, extract the waza.tbl.narc file, and then replace the corresponding a/0/1/1 file in HG/SS with the waza.tbl.narc one. Two issues with this.

First, I've tried using Attack Editor DS with a clean Diamond rom, but nothing ever saves. I even attempted to modify one attack at a time, saving and closing out of the program before moving onto the next attack. No dice.

Second, I've very, very little experience with hex editing programs like Crystal Tile 2. More like clueless, actually. Upon opening the rom file in CT2, I'm never quite sure when to extract/input certain files, or even search for specific things within directories. Like, I've seen posts were people will say to search for pointer/offset (as an example) 0x123456a, but I can't for the life of me find any sort of thing in that format. All the offsets I see are in a 012345678 (no "x") format.

So, hypothetically speaking, say I wanted to modify the attack "Pound" from base 40 power to base 50 in my Soul Silver rom. Could someone walk me through the process of doing that, with the assumption that I have the mental capacity of a 10 year-old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back