• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
PokéCommunity Get-Together 2012

Guess what?! Get ready to party because PokéCommunity is now 10 years old! Through all the good and all the bad times, we've managed to make it this long, and hopefully we'll last many more years! To celebrate, we're holding a Get-Together (dubbed as PCX - PC "10") which will run from September 24 - September 30.

Throughout this next week (Wednesday 29 - September 5) we'll be accepting event suggestions. You can suggest anything as long as it can be run on the forum during the event period. To clarify, this means that it won't be held in real life, and won't involve you meeting any members.

After this, we'll discuss what events will be run in #thepokecommunity, PokéCommunity's IRC channel. The day after that (September 6) we will list the accepted events and ask for event organisers.

To suggest events just post any ideas that come to mind. This could include a Minecraft event, a photography event, a Skype event, an art contest, a singing contest, or even a battling tournament! It's up to you, so be as creative as you want with your ideas.

With that in mind, start thinking (and posting in this thread) about what you want to see PC do now!

You can see the past events we've done here.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Edit:

• Minecraft Event
  • Chit Chat Thread
  • Photography Event
  • Singing Competition
  • Graphics (Computer and Drawn)
  • Skype Events
  • Movie Nights
  • iSketch
  • Steam Gaming matches of some sort
  • Scavenger Hunt
  • PC History Trivia
  • "Post your funniest story of your time on PC" competition.
  • Egg Swap
  • Tournament perhaps?

Just some ideas I'll refine and elaborate on as more discussion and ideas develop! (:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Me and Olli would love to host a movie night(s) like last year so yeah, I'll suggest movie nights with Pokémon movies and stuff! :D (Or other movies if people prefer but yeah, that can be sorted nearer the time haha)

Also a birthday cake bake off would be cool if you can find a way to stop people stealing pictures from Google B)

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I wondered when this was happening...

Obviously we need a Get Together chit chat THEY'RE ALWAYS FUN.
Photography, perhaps an art competition as well?

And we have to have a singing competition so i can show off my vocal talent people can show off the wonderful singing voices of the community, I mean, with looks like these we must all sound pretty great too!

And before I forget, I demand we have a Skype event, they're great fun and are like a staple thing for these gatherings!
And a movie night.
OH AND ISKETCH WE MUST HAVE ISKETCH

Last edited:
Years
Well we need to have all the regular events, like the theme contests and the chitchat thread and isketch stuff like that because it wouldn't be a PC get together without them.
We should also do something like the easter egg hunt but instead of easter eggs it can be tiny birthday cakes scattered around.

EDIT: Oh, and we should totally do another meme contest.

Last edited:

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
I think we should have a competition where we all place bets as to how long nica can go without signing on/posting on pc.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to suggest a writing event given it's been a staple and will be likely be able to be hosted again too by at least some people. So yeah.

I did enjoy that song parody competition from last year as well btw.

Years
I think we should have a retrospective where we can all share our best moments from posts right down to VM's.

I agree with the PC History Trivia, cos it's fun.

Maybe even sharing some of our best PC moments via screenshot.

droomph

weeb
Years
I still feel like the Google Maps thing I talked about in the 300,000 users thread would be a good idea. I would like to see where we all live! \o/ Not in the stalkerish kind of way though.
I think we should have a competition where we all place bets as to how long nica can go without signing on/posting on pc.

That also.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I wouldn't mind hosting a Map-Off with someone again like last year, as it was quite successful.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
A Pokémon creepypasta writing competition! For my knowledge it was really popular back in 2010's GT or whenever it was, and it'd be cool to see it back :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am not sure if this was suggested before, but I've been seriously thinking of suggesting/hosting a roleplay event for the get-together. The Roleplay Olympics got a good turnout and I guess it wouldn't hurt to try out an event here. Though the problem would be timing, as some of us roleplayers tend to write a ton. :P

I don't want this to be similar to the writing event Marcin suggested, but for this event, I was thinking of giving participants a situational theme and kinda plan out what would the player do in order to complete the event, as well as play it out. For example: the Escape category in the RPO's…people were given a situation that they are stuck in a spaceship and they have 20 minutes to plot their escape before the ship collides with a star. Of course, there will be a different theme for the event. xD And the writing limit wouldn't hurt anyone, actually.

Another idea would be a "Sign-Up" Cast-Off. Have members create the most realistic character for a roleplay, with elements including the Appearance, Personality/Flaws, and History of the character.

So yeah…ROLEPLAY EVENT plz. I realize we haven't really had an actual roleplay event in the past GT's I've participated (at least, from what I've seen), and I think it's time to like…totally make one. Of course, I'll talk to Skymin just in case for further ideas later~. Soo far those two are the only ones rn.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I... honestly totally support the Lerroux guest appearance, haha. I don't know how it could be implemented and I know no-one would fall for it this time around but it'd be cool to just bring him back for a bit - even if he's just used as a staff dupe account for a single event.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I... honestly totally support the Lerroux guest appearance, haha. I don't know how it could be implemented and I know no-one would fall for it this time around but it'd be cool to just bring him back for a bit - even if he's just used as a staff dupe account for a single event.

Minecraft building competition and the winner becomes an admin.

Also a guest appearance by Lerroux.

a sky full of lighters ☆ says (1:36 AM)
i kind of just had an idea from that
Harry lol says (1:36 AM)
o?
a put on your best lerroux voices event
try to sound/act like lerroux
and record it
Harry lol says (1:36 AM)
OMFG HAHAHAHA
thats amazing
DO IT
shall i post???
KAY
Harry lol says (1:37 AM)
YES POST AT ONCE
post this log
for excellent clarification!!!

droomph

weeb
Years
I know, who has a brother going through puberty? Tell him to put on his rage-voice and have him be the voice for a day ;)

Oh and yes it would be fun to have Lerroux over again. This time make him even more raeging because he "was demoted".

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Could be fun to bring back the PPC for the get together? If it's a site wide event and advertised to this extent then it'll build up hype for any future editions if they are going to make a comeback :3

Years
I know that at past events there has been some Retro Gaming competitions (like Pac-Man and Asteroids), so it might be cool to see another one of these. Maybe a game like Tetris, where your final score can be easily recorded.

I also agree with a lot of Curious' ideas, since most of those seem to be staples from past get-togethers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back