• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Asagao Academy

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
Years
OK, so, I'm a fan of Normal Boots AND Hidden Block. So, finding out that there's an otome involving the two groups made my entire life. And I do love this game! It makes me feel sad, but it doesn't leave me hanging for too long or feeling broken inside. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, KATAWA SHOUJO, AND YOUR BLATANT SLAPS OF REALITY IN THE FACE.) And the writing is absolutely hilarious and brilliant.

...For the most part.

*Rampant fans maul me*

K, no, hear me out. In the parts that are supposed to be really heartwarming or really upsetting, they put the humour in the wrong place. For example, helping Jon cope with a loss, it seems a little... I don't know. It's supposed to be a serious moment, but there are lines that just make it seem disconcertingly funny. I can't give any examples because spoilers, but it was a little disorienting and the feeling was a little lost.

And then there's PBG's route. PBG is a sweetie, no doubt. But... when he goes to reveal his name, it's supposed to be a really touching moment. But he reveals his name to LITERALLY be PeanutButterGamer. And the main character simply goes along with it, like it's the most normal thing in the world. Again, it's supposed to be a warm-fuzzy moment, but the placement of the humour is a little... weird.

Before you say that it's supposed to just be a funny game, play it. It's clearly supposed to make you feel a wide variety of emotions, including deep sadness and "awwwwwwwww". Whatever that emotion is. Not just "hahaha".

And now I realize that I spent a lot more time criticizing it than praising it.

I LIKE THIS GAME. BELIEVE ME. I DO. I love dating sims, and the fact that I can DATE JonTron??? WOW. <33333333 SIGN ME THE FRICK UP. My beautiful theatre boy... <3 Also, I love all of the characters! They're all definitely true to the actual people (and the fact that Jimmy Whetzel is in this makes my entire life; he's a babe). The art style is this cute cross between Western and anime. Not quite one but not quite the other, either. I've been itching for a good otome for a while, and this definitely delivers.

(What am I, a video game critic? 7.8/10, too much humour.)

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Isn't that a type of cheese?

real-asiago-cheese.jpg

Yuuum....

Back