• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: My Pokemon Mod Collection

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
nevermind.to be honest this patch rocks
Thanks, man. I hope what I wrote help you get pass da patching problem. Unless, you already sorted the problem out yourself.

Really? Well I patched my Platinum ROM w/o the Rudolph Patch, and no freezes happened! hmm...
Well, actually the Rudolph Patch is for Neo SoulSilver only. It suppose to keep the AP from kicking in, when playing da game. Patch it with a clean Soulsilver rom, before applying my patch.

Sorry Grubby Pup if I do this, I want to help someone.
Ah, welcome to the "ReadMe" Doc of-
Pokemon Sol Platinum

Please read the instructions very carefully, so you won't mess your rom up...This is really an easy process if done correctly! Alright, now please make your way to the section below.

01. Put your rom in the GUI folder

02. Open xDelta GUI.

03. Click Select Patch.

04. Select the Pokemon Sol Platinum.patch and then click Open.

05. Click Select ROM.

07. Select your clean Rom and click Open.

06. Click Apply patch.

07. Wait patiently, as soon as you click the apply patch button the patcher
will make a 0 KB nds file, then starting puting the patch on it, when its
done the file should be at least 103,072 KB.

Please send all bug errors to the Mod Collection thread...

Thanks and happy gaming
- From Grubby Pup's Sol Platinum Readme.

LOL Thanks...But, I'm guessin the peoples could see this their selves, if they download the patches.

You can almost obtain any pokemon in this hack. I already have 267 pokemon encountered in the wild and in trainers, and i only have 4 badges. If you work hard you may find all pokemon. Btw I sense my Eevee turning into Espeon/Umbreon instead of Vaporeon because of the soothe bell that he/she holds.
E: Hey grubby, where do you find a Water Stone?
Yes, what you say is very true. I would like thank you for holding da fort down on my thread, sorta speak, while I was gone. I appreciate that. ;)

Also, about your question...Remember the wild Pokemon hold the stones you need. Catch a wild Poliwag, Shellos also hold'em too...or go into the ruins I spoke of in a previous reply to you and start touching rocks. You can also find a Thunder Stone that way too.

i want this but but i dont understand what rudolf patch is

(it says it is required).
also in the package there are 2 patches. one is x delta(i know what this is) but there is another one that i dont know what to do.also how i will know if i have installed the patch corectly
If you patched the game correctly...Another rom would appear underneath the clear rom. At the end of the rom's name it should have this: '_patched' at the end.

Also, in order to use xdeltagui some computers need to have Mircosoft .Net Framework 2.0 or higher installed in order for the program to work.

****ing Wake Pwnt my team thrice. Got lucky with a paralyze hit.
LOL Wake is hard. Lumineon use to be da one to stomp when I use to play it. All his Pokes can use an Ice Type move. Thanks for keeping me in da loop about your progress in da game, zantetsu122. ^w^

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
If you patched the game correctly...Another rom would appear underneath the clear rom. At the end of the rom's name it should have this: '_patched' at the end.
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the problem was when i was patching the rom with rudolphs patch i got a file in .bak format and not nds . but when i changed the extension of the new file to .nds and patched with your hack it works like a charm

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
And you know why I got pwnt three times by Wake?:
Gallade: Since he's new to the team(now lvl 41.) when we went to Wake, he gets OHKO'd easily.
Torterra: One Ice Fang, 2 Icy Winds, 1 Ice Beam(especially that gay Kingdra and Lumi that has ice beam) takes him down easily.
Lombre(now Ludicolo): 1 Ice beam pwns him in one hit.
Salamence(MVP, was the last pokemon to defeat Lumi.): Since he's pretty bulky, he can take an ice beam. How he defeated Lumi? Well I got a lucky paralyze because of DragonBreath, then kept spamming Fly(coz stab) and pwnt him.
Magmortar: He can take a Surf( I saw him survive with 1-5 hp when hit with surf, and I use this opportunity to heal anyone.)
Honchkrow: 1 Ice beam and he's down. Same goes with Ice Fang.
Well I'll be screwed once I get to Candice.

The Grubby Pup

Years
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the problem was when i was patching the rom with rudolphs patch i got a file in .bak format and not nds but when i changed the extension of the new file to .nds and patched with your hack it works like a charm

Alright, no prob. I'm glad you got the patch working.
Anyways, I'm just gonna assume that you're playing Neo Soulsilver, cuz the Ruldolph Patch isn't needed for Sol Platinum.

Also, I noticed you saying that you couldn't patch, until you changed the .bak extension into .nds. I just wanted to tell you, doing that was unnecessary. I mean, the bak file is just the original rom...with none of AP fix. It will still freeze on you. You suppose to used the one that was already .nds...That the AP free rom.

But if you say it's been working just find...I guess you didn't need the patch.

And you know why I got pwnt three times by Wake?:
Gallade: Since he's new to the team(now lvl 41.) when we went to Wake, he gets OHKO'd easily.
Torterra: One Ice Fang, 2 Icy Winds, 1 Ice Beam(especially that gay Kingdra and Lumi that has ice beam) takes him down easily.
Lombre(now Ludicolo): 1 Ice beam pwns him in one hit.
Salamence(MVP, was the last pokemon to defeat Lumi.): Since he's pretty bulky, he can take an ice beam. How he defeated Lumi? Well I got a lucky paralyze because of DragonBreath, then kept spamming Fly(coz stab) and pwnt him.
Magmortar: He can take a Surf( I saw him survive with 1-5 hp when hit with surf, and I use this opportunity to heal anyone.)
Honchkrow: 1 Ice beam and he's down. Same goes with Ice Fang.
Well I'll be screwed once I get to Candice.

Oh, yes...That sounds about WHAT exactly Wake would do once battling him. LOL Other thn Lumi, Kingdra also a pest, it uses Agility to outspeed pokemon then start spamming high powered sp. atk.

And see, I told you your team wouldn't do good against Ice-Type/Ice-Type moves. But I think you'll do alright against Candice...You have Gallade and Magmortar and by time you make it there you should be at least around level 55, 56...or so.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
i didnt know that.because the patch creates the bak files i thought that i should use this

The Grubby Pup

Years
i didnt know that.because the patch creates the bak files i thought that i should use this

Yeah, I know. LOL This got me the first time I used da ruldolph patch. I did the same thing you did. My rom would keep crashing and freezing and I didn't understand why, I was like: 'got dammit, I patch AP fix...Why isn't it working RIGHT?!'

Yeah...That's what I said...til somebody told me I was using the wrong rom. They basically told me, what I told you. ^w^

Anyways, just go into your folder where your rom is located and look at where it was last modified, that's another way in seeing if you're using the correct rom.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Yeah, I know. LOL This got me the first time I used da ruldolph patch. I did the same thing you did. My rom would keep crashing and freezing and I didn't understand why, I was like: 'got dammit, I patch AP fix...Why isn't it working RIGHT?!'

Yeah...That's what I said...til somebody told me I was using the wrong rom. They basically told me, what I told you. ^w^

Anyways, just go into your folder where your rom is located and look at where it was last modified, that's another way in seeing if you're using the correct rom.
you are right.about the ap playing up to first city even without the patch i didnt have problems but i installed it just to be safe. is there a guide about pokemon in neo soul silver( i am interested in abra)

The Grubby Pup

Years
you are right.about the ap playing up to first city even without the patch i didnt have problems but i installed it just to be safe. is there a guide about pokemon in neo soul silver( i am interested in abra)

Yeah, I think the ap kicks in after a certain amount of event...I can't remember...I think that's how it works.

Anyways, there's no doc guide like I did for Yin Black/Yang White, but I'm more than happy to tell you anything you want about the game itself. Just like how I did for zantesu122.

As for abra, it's learns 3 new moves before evolving...beside from teleport. There's Psywave, Hypnosis, and Uproar.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Yeah, I think the ap kicks in after a certain amount of event...I can't remember...I think that's how it works.

Anyways, there's no doc guide like I did for Yin Black/Yang White, but I'm more than happy to tell you anything you want about the game itself. Just like how I did for zantesu122.

As for abra, it's learns 3 new moves before evolving...beside from teleport. There's Psywave, Hypnosis, and Uproar.

thanks for that. even if i dont like edits like that i thing abra was too weak.
can you catch mew ( dont tell me too many things

edit :the only problem i have is sometimes when i exit buildings the characters loose their graphics

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
That's normal to me imo. Just go to a battle or a building and it'll be fine. Worked for me.
Meanwhile in my playthrough...:
That path to Celestic Town almost pwnt my team. I had no pokemon to teach with Defog since you only use it a few times.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
That's normal to me imo. Just go to a battle or a building and it'll be fine. Worked for me.
That path to Celestic Town almost pwnt my team. I had no pokemon to teach with Defog since you only use it a few times.

for me the onlu fix is save with the regular poke way and restart the emu

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Great. I have to restart my Platinum.
I was sure I saved at Canalave Pokemon Center. But then when there was a short blackout, my PC turned off. When I opened again, I loaded it, but what a surprise, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center, but at Veilstone City! My team was all lvl 48 when I was in Canalave, but in Veilstone, I only have lvl 40!! damn I have to train them again...

Well, no choice. I have to Rare Candy them. D:

Last edited:

The Grubby Pup

Years
thanks for that. even if i dont like edits like that i thing abra was too weak.
can you catch mew ( dont tell me too many things

edit :the only problem i have is sometimes when i exit buildings the characters loose their graphics
Hm, I don't entirely understand what you wrote, but I kinda get the jist of what you said. Abra's stats has been increased on this game. This included with all the other Pokemon on this game.

Would you like me to show you it's base stats:
Hp:25 Atk:20 Def:15 Spd:90 Sp Def:55 Sp. Atk:105
I think that's more than good...Better than a legendaries...well not, really, but that's just me...not liking training legendary Pokemon. :p

As for Mew...Got damn...I forgot to put it in da wild. LOL I was looking through PPRE and couldn't find it. I think that was because I wanted to added it in an event, but got sidetrack and forgot...

And what zantesu122 said about the graphic error is correct. It happens from time to time, there's no way, from my knowledge, to stop this. I usually get rid it myself by bring up the menu and pulling up the Poke'dex.

Yep, what you say about the graphic error is correctly. The way you explained is some of the way to get rid of the error.

LOL They are alotta tough trainers around that route. I told'chu my game make da brain bleed from the hardness. Just kidding. ;) Your problem probably came from you missing attack from inside the Fog, you said it yourself you didn't use a Pokemon with Defog.

Man, I wonder how you gonna fair against Cyrus in Celestic Town...Aw, you'll probably do just find. He's not hard, til you fight him the last time. Weavile is just...murder and it's super fast.

for me the onlu fix is save with the regular poke way and restart the emu

Wait, wait, hold on, hold on. In order to fix your problem, you said you had to save then turn off the emulator. Are you sure your experiencing graphic error, cuz if it was, you wouldn't halfta turn off your emulator.

Btw, What emu are you using No$gba or that slow one. LOL If you're playing with No$gba what's your setting and are you playing with No$zoomer...Cuz I can help you with that.

Great. I have to restart my Platinum.
I was sure I saved at Canalave Pokemon Center. But then when there was a short blackout, my PC turned off. When I opened again, I loaded it, but what a surprise, I wasn't in the Pokemon Center, but at Veilstone City! My team was all lvl 48 when I was in Canalave, but in Veilstone, I only have lvl 40!! damn I have to train them again...

Well, no choice. I have to Rare Candy them. D:

Aw, man. I hate when that happens. I mean, when your PC turns off unexpectedly, that is.

Ya know, when playing on an emulator, if your game turns off...even if you save your game...If you don't close out the application afterward...The battery file folder would get updated. Well, unless you're using No$zoomer and click save battery file, it will update itself, while you're still playing the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
After 20 mins of training( it was 1 hr of training, but since No$GBA has a speed button, training is easier), I finally got my old team back.

I want that Choice Specs that I had when my PC restarted and my data got lost. But now I only recieve BlackGlasses. ..l.. brown nerd guy won't give me Choice Specs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
so no mew=( . can you add it in future versions
what i said before is that i dont like edit that are not compatible with the poke universe( make pokemon more powerfull than they are,make onix learn fly and stuf like that)
but i agree abra was too weak

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Why do you want Mew so badly? Yes it can learn alot of moves(infact too much moves), It has low stats(imo.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Why do you want Mew so badly? Yes it can learn alot of moves(infact too much moves), It has low stats(imo.)

I dont wanr ro press him or something but as you know the pokemon motto is catch them all.plus mew is cute

The Grubby Pup

Years
After 20 mins of training( it was 1 hr of training, but since No$GBA has a speed button, training is easier), I finally got my old team back.

I want that Choice Specs that I had when my PC restarted and my data got lost. But now I only recieve BlackGlasses. ..l.. brown nerd guy won't give me Choice Specs.

LOL Well, done. I think some congrats are in order. ;)

Anyways, you did it very quickly too, but like you said the speed button No$gba is very helpful. Did you have fight any Gym Leaders over during this pressing matter?

Anyhow, yeah...I forgot that dude in Celestic Town will give different glasses depending on what time of day you come and visit him. I believe he gave me a wiseglasses once...But yeah, mostly, I'm also given the Blackglasses. I think it because you speak with him at night.

So, how far have you gotten now? Have you beat Cyrus for the first time yet....Where are you? Eh, I'm only curious that all.

so no mew=( . can you add it in future versions
what i said before is that i dont like edit that are not compatible with the poke universe( make pokemon more powerfull than they are,make onix learn fly and stuf like that)
but i agree abra was too weak

Yeah, sorry, dude. No...Mew...For now. I will add it in a future version, hopefully, I'll be able to add some more things to spice this game up a bit...

And yeah, I agree with you, I also don't like Pokemon with weird attacks...So I tried my best to make every new move I added to a moveset I gave a Pokemon as sensible as possible.

Like Tentacool and the ability to learn Tickle and Acid Armor, of course I replace Barrier with it...Since they basically does the same thing. No sense in keeping'em both, right?

There's more, like Tropius being able to learn Magnitude. It's a big Pokemon, so I figured it should be able to make tremors. Wailmer-line can also learn this moves, I did it because of their huge and bulky sized.

...It can help them both against their weakness. Tropius with its weakness against Fire/Rock and Wailmer and it's weakness against Electric.

Man, if I could, I would tell you all the Pokemon moveset changes I did, but it would be too much to write. :p

Believe me, when I say...I've changed alot of the Pokemon moveset and base stats. I thought it was pretty interesting. LOL

Oh, I also think Mew is cute too, most small legendaries like Mew and Celebii are cute...I just don't like training them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Currently with Riley in Iron Island with Ludicolo as lead. He's not that useless. He can OHKO alot of Rock,Ground,Water types with Grass Knot, Mega Drain and Surf, and he can fight Fighting types and Psychic Types with Zen Headbutt.

The Grubby Pup

Years
Currently with Riley in Iron Island with Ludicolo as lead. He's not that useless. He can OHKO alot of Rock,Ground,Water types with Grass Knot, Mega Drain and Surf, and he can fight Fighting types and Psychic Types with Zen Headbutt.

Wow, you progress so quickly, ya know? ^w^ At this rate, you'll be finish with the game in no time. I'm happy to this. And Ludicolo is a good Pokemon it has lots of Sp. Def and Sp. Atk. So, yeah...Grass Knot and Surf would cause tons of damage?

Anyways, if you'd noticed this about Riley's Lucario it only have pulse attacks. Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse and Dark Pulse. I also kicked Aura Sphere in there for a STAB.

Yeah...I would agree with 100% if you said that's just gimmicky...cuz it would be true. What else can I say, this was my first time hacking a 4th gen game. :p

Anyways, after you finish Sol Platinum, I hope you consider playing Neo Soulsilver, I kinda find that game to be 10x better than Sol Platinum...Hell, I would go on to say it's better than my Yin Black/Yang White.

As much as it pains me to say; well...Not really, but anyways...Nothing can top Drayano's Blaze Black and Volt White hack; hell, even I love that game. LOL

...But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna stop editing that game, tho...I still got another version coming for that.

Back