• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Advanced Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018

S5cT4NV.png

INTRODUCTION

Beta One Progress: 30%
Release Date: N/A

Hello, I'm back from the dead! I haven't been in the hacking scene too long, but Im developing a little project that will hopefully have everybody feeling a little hype. Jumping right in, AshGen is a remake of seasons 6 through 9 of the Pokemon anime series, covering Ash's journeys through the Hoenn region with May, Brock, and Max.

A FAMILIAR JOURNEY

STORY

In this series, Ash travels through the Hoenn region in an effort to compete in the Hoenn League there. He is joined not by Misty, who had been his continuous companion for the entirety of the original series, but May, a rookie Trainer from Petalburg City who at first merely wishes to travel. Eventually, she learns of Pokémon Contests and declares herself a Pokémon Coordinator, training to win Ribbons in Pokémon Contests so she can enter the Grand Festival. May's brother, Max, also travels with the group and helps map out routes to take using his PokéNav. However, Max is too young to have his own Pokémon. Brock, Ash's near-constant adviser, returns soon after the start of the series, while Misty makes two several-episode cameo appearances.

CHARACTERS

Ash
OaMAfmA.png

Ash Ketchum is the main protagonist of the series who has always dreamed of becoming a Pokémon Master. As soon as he turned ten years old, he rushed to Professor Oak's Laboratory to get his first Pokémon. Originally wanting to choose Squirtle, Ash ended up getting the Pokémon Pikachu, and left on his journey.

Brock
i5awHtY.png

Brock wanted to be the greatest Pokémon Breeder (he is now following his destiny as a Pokémon Doctor), and gives up his title of Gym Leader after Ash won his first Kanto League Gym Badge from him. He was first seen taking care of his nine siblings.

May
TBOakqB.png

May is a ten-year-old Pokémon Coordinator from the anime and a former traveling companion of Ash. Her goal is to become a Top Coordinator. She traveled through Hoenn and Kanto with Ash, Brock, and her little brother Max.

Max
sIa9uqd.png

Max is the younger brother of May in the anime. He has not yet received a Pokémon because he is under-age, but he became one of Ash's companions and joined Ash, Brock and his sister in order to see new Pokémon in Hoenn Region.

SCREENSHOTS

Jt6dZRz.png
IPYol43.png
svlKx0g.png
PzSRIpu.png
xGsFjib.png
ybphM2t.png
x0WYuxo.png
DxQ6mEf.png
ZP38px0.png
FEATURES

• Collect badges as Ash or collect ribbons as May.
• Special events for catching the Pokemon Ash or May caught.
• All Emerald locations redone to resemble their anime counterpart.
• Tools replace Hidden Moves.
• New Pokemon sprites and custom tiles.

OPTIONAL EVENTS & EXPANDED ROUTES

Since this is a hack of the anime, the focus will obviously be to recreate the events from the series. However, this could lead to events happening near constantly and thus take away from the typical Pokemon experience. To keep that from happening, smaller events (that don't prominently feature Ash or May) will become optional and routes in between events will be larger with more trainers!

CREDITS

TILES

Magiscarf, WeslyFG, Zetavares852, PrinceLegendario, Red X, Zeo

SOFTWARE

Lu-ho,

Last edited:

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
I Wished That The Progressing Hacks Would Be Added And It Came True! Lol, I Think I'll Play It When The Episode Of Winona's Shiny Swellow And Ash's Clash(Fav. Episode). Good Luck Dude.

StuperMarkio

Hopeful Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Yes
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
It'd be neat if the tournament arc you play depended on which character you choose (i.e, if you choose Ash you get the Gym Badges and participate in the Pokemon League, and if you choose May you get the Contest Ribbons and participate in the Grand Festival).

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
yes, Finnaly someone started a Hoenn Anime Hack, Good Luck with this, I also have a johto hack here, but i would be working on it from next month, Hope you complete it! ;) and if you need help, i cant script, cause busy these days, but i can help with Pokemon OW sprites, i can do HG/SS or BW pokemon OW sprites, PM if you want help!

Last edited:

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
It'd be neat if the tournament arc you play depended on which character you choose (i.e, if you choose Ash you get the Gym Badges and participate in the Pokemon League, and if you choose May you get the Contest Ribbons and participate in the Grand Festival).
That's... a really good idea. I think I'll attempt that actually. Thanks!

Wait, is there a checkgender command in FireRed like there is in Emerald? I was thinking of porting this over to Emerald anyway, but still.

yes, Finnaly someone started a Hoenn Anime Hack, Good Luck with this, I also have a johto hack here, but i would be working on it from next month, Hope you complete it! ;) and if you need help, i cant script, cause busy these days, but i can help with Pokemon OW sprites, i can do HG/SS or BW pokemon OW sprites, PM if you want help!
Thanks, man! I'll let you know.

Years
That's... a really good idea. I think I'll attempt that actually. Thanks!

Wait, is there a checkgender command in FireRed like there is in Emerald? I was thinking of porting this over to Emerald anyway, but still.

Thanks, man! I'll let you know.

Yes, there is!

Copied from Diegoisawesome's tutorial

Spoiler:

But if you want to make the player to choose between gyms and contests i would recommend you to recreate the rom with emerald as rombase ! Cause contests in FR is a little bit hard to be done i think :P

StuperMarkio

Hopeful Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Yes
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
Yes, there is!

Copied from Diegoisawesome's tutorial[/URL]

Spoiler:

But if you want to make the player to choose between gyms and contests i would recommend you to recreate the rom with emerald as rombase ! Cause contests in FR is a little bit hard to be done i think :P

I'd recommend this also, unless the contests are going to be shown in the hack as battles also.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
So, Im taking errbody's advice and transitioning this an Emerald rom. Expect some sort of Alpha by the end up November if not sooner!

Thanks for the comments so far.

Jaypz

Cool Trainer
Years
So, Im taking errbody's advice and transitioning this an Emerald rom. Expect some sort of Alpha by the end up November if not sooner!

Thanks for the comments so far.

well dude as a fan of hoenn region, I think it's best you move this rom to emerald as it has better music and pokemon has animations too ;)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 24, 2014
Hey, I noticed you are using A-map 1.95. If I were you, I would stop immediately. While 1.95 may have a few more features(although I didn't notice anything on it that 1.92 can't do), 1.92 is much more stable, and less likely to break your ROM.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Hey, nice game. Great idea of the feature of this game. I look like we're going back in time. {XD}

Thanks! and I know, right? I stopped watching Pokemon at the start of Advanced Generation and picked it back up with Best Wishes, so Im watching the season as I script this XD

Thanks for the advice, Taco. I've tried using 1.92, but I just can't get used to if after having used 1.95 so far. I think I'd rather take my chances :p Thanks again.

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Updated the thread with some more information. Also, I figured it would be better if the first beta were somewhat lengthy, so its now going to cover up until the first Hoenn gym (about 15 episodes). I'm about 30% done with both the mapping and scripting at the moment.

Here's a little preview of Lotad Lake and the Pretty Petal Flower Shop from "Lotad Lowdown"! Its not 100% done just yet, though. Im in the process of importing a new tree tile and messing with the colors some.

CCRT8Po.png

Last edited:
Years
Updated the thread with some more information. Also, I figured it would be better if the first beta were somewhat lengthy, so its now going to cover up until the first Hoenn gym (about 15 episodes). I'm about 30% done with both the mapping and scripting at the moment.

Here's a little preview of Lotad Lake and the Pretty Petal Flower Shop from "Lotad Lowdown"! Its not 100% done just yet, though. Im in the process of importing a new tree tile and messing with the colors some.

CCRT8Po.png

I can't believe I haven't seen this before. I was gonna do a remake of the Hoenn anime arc myself, so I watched through the whole season xD. I have a pile of plans for the game that never came to use, but I could certainly help you with ideas for events, since I already had every single episode of the game covered (waaaay too much time in my hands)
As fro the Screenshot you just posted. Oh God. When I was thinking of making my own, this is exactly how I imagined it being. It looks beautiful.
That's it, if you need anything just pm/vm me ;)

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
Yay!! Finally!! Been waiting for this hack to came out...haha~ anyway, good luck on your hack dude!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back