• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
[7:58pm] ShiningRaichu: I am crushed
[7:58pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED.
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: The name of the third Bridget Jones movie
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: is going to be "Bridget Jones's Baby"
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED.
[8:01pm] flubbateios: hi andy
[8:01pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED!

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
[7:58pm] ShiningRaichu: I am crushed
[7:58pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED.
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: The name of the third Bridget Jones movie
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: is going to be "Bridget Jones's Baby"
[7:59pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED.
[8:01pm] flubbateios: hi andy
[8:01pm] ShiningRaichu: CRUSHED!

Mate, she had to get over the diary eventually.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh god, it's going to be horrible. The second one was bad enough, but at least there was a book to work from. This one's going to be an 'original concept', and given that there's a baby involved, I have pretty much no intention of seeing it. I wonder how much they paid Hugh Grant to be in this, given that he'd previously said he'd never appear in another Bridget Jones film?

Shining Raichu

Years
The second film wasn't that bad. Granted it was not as good as the first, but it was not a bad film in the slightest.

I am so psyched for this movie. I love the Bridget Jones character so much and I can't contain my excitement! Granted, the baby concept bums me out a little, but at the very least we get to see Bridget again!!!

Years
Ugh. Hate those movies. Not only do they contain some very irritating actors, they are just cheap imitations of Jane Austen novels. Which is doubly bad because not only are they cheap knock offs, they decided to knock off the stories that have been copied to death.

Shining Raichu

Years
You are very negative people :(

The movies were amazing and the books were even better. Your taste in everything has seriously been brought into question tbh!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The first film is, honest to god, one of my all-time favourite films. It's not perfect by any means, but it has a wondrously lived-in performance of an often flawed protagonist by Renee Zelwegger, a decidedly fresh take on the romcom genre of films, and lines that are so good that there's rarely a day that goes by in which I don't quote some of them.

The second film decided to take a huge, massive dump on all that made the first film so good. Bridget has turned from independent-woman into whiny, petulant girlfriend, the plot is so by the numbers one could predict its ending about five minutes in (and yet still has a ridiculous trip to Thailand), and the technical areas of the film from the piddly direction to the maudlin cinematography to the shoe-horned in Hugh Grant appearance are all just horrible. Honestly? Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason is just as bad as Bridget Jones's Diary is good.

Years
You are very negative people :(

The movies were amazing and the books were even better. Your taste in everything has seriously been brought into question tbh!
I should also mention that I really don't like Jane Austen novels in the first place. I could go on. :D Let's see... I think the Harry Potter books are just okay. Buffy was never that great of a TV show. Quentin Tarantino is a hack. The Lord of the Rings movies are just boring. Johnny Depp has forgotten how to act.

Help me out here. I need more suggestions of things people love that I can trample all over.

Shining Raichu

Years
Mr Cat Dog said:
the plot is so by the numbers one could predict its ending about five minutes in
This happens all the time, but I've never understood it. Why do people trash the plot of a movie that was based on a book? If you have an issue with the plot, it isn't the fault of the film, but the source material.

Scarf said:
I should also mention that I really don't like Jane Austen novels in the first place. I could go on. :D Let's see... I think the Harry Potter books are just okay. Buffy was never that great of a TV show. Quentin Tarantino is a hack. The Lord of the Rings movies are just boring. Johnny Depp has forgotten how to act.
Jane Austen novels are terrible and while tragic to her family, it was a saving grace on the public and future public that she passed away as young as she did. I also agree about Lord of the Rings and Johnny Depp :P

But if you ever come near my Harry Potter or my Buffy, I will destroy you.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Just jumping in here, anything Joss Whedon has ever had a hand in making is boring and only successful because of her crazy fanbase who love the even crazier plotlines of those shows. Thank you, bye!

Years
Jane Austen novels are terrible and while tragic to her family, it was a saving grace on the public and future public that she passed away as young as she did.
I wish I had the nerve to say things like that. I take back everything I said about Harry Potter and Buffy.

Just jumping in here, anything Joss Whedon has ever had a hand in making is boring and only successful because of her crazy fanbase who love the even crazier plotlines of those shows. Thank you, bye!
I wanted to say that, but I do like Firefly and I begrudgingly like Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Also, as a followup to my whining about Sheauwn of the Dead, it wasn't bad when I didn't have to look away. Funny even, at times. I might have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to keep closing my eyes. I'd definitely see those other movies they did whose names escape me at the moment.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
The Lord of the Rings movies are just boring.

That ghost-overkill scene in the last one just killed it for me in it's entirety as a film.

First two were okay though, but I see why people would get bored over it (Frodo-Sam-Gollum scenes especially, I reckon).

White Chicks, anyone?

EDIT: I see a dark side to Shining Raichu?!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
9650247.jpg

Don't worry Raichu, I like Buffy. Although I haven't seen it since I was about 14.

LOTR IS AMAZING I ACCEPT NO CRITICISM OF IT.

I'd definitely see those other movies they did whose names escape me at the moment.
Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. Their TV series Spaced is way better than any movies they've been in.

My unpopular opinion: Inception sucks.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
This happens all the time, but I've never understood it. Why do people trash the plot of a movie that was based on a book? If you have an issue with the plot, it isn't the fault of the film, but the source material.
tumblr_lzoijxD4sg1qjjt1l.gif

With a book of questionable literary value gets adapted to the screen, it can still become a very good film. Take The Godfather, for instance. As a book, it's a fairly unremarkable genre exercise; as a film, the script takes liberties with some of the events and characters, and the visual template that Coppola gives to it elevates it from mere pulp to high art. With Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (and unlike Bridget Jones's Diary), the writers and director manages to gut the book - which is actually quite good - completely of what made it entertaining, selecting only the drabbest bits and then getting the cast and crew to make as drab a film as possible out of them.

So... yeah. I really really really dislike it when people say "It's the book's fault if a film is bad." For a really amazing film out of a not-so-great book: see Psycho or Adaptation. For a terrible film out of a good book, see most of the versions of A Christmas Carol (except the Muppet one) and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.

To deal with everything else: I like Jane Austen novels but I can understand why people don't; the Harry Potter series is very much in the realm of 'okay'; can't comment on Buffy having only seen half of one episode; Tarantino is a self-diagnosed thief, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a 'hack'; LOTR: first one's good, second one's forgettable, third one NEVER ENDS; OMG yes Johnny Depp HAS forgotten how to act for most of the last decade; meow, Andrew, you have the claws out today!; that mention of White Chicks had better be one of 'OMG I sooooo totally hate White Chicks' or GTFO of my forum; and while I don't think Inception 'sucks', I do think it is very overrated.

Phew! Any more entertainment sacred cows we want to turn into sacred beefburgers?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Relax, hun. I was just pouring oil into the fire. :P White Chicks was horribly racist (there was this one line where they were talking about belly piercings... that was just utterly disgusting).

You scare me, Cat, but I still love you. D:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Relax, hun. I was just pouring oil into the fire. :P White Chicks was horribly racist (there was this one line where they were talking about belly piercings... that was just utterly disgusting).

WHITE CHICKS REDEEMED ITSELF WITH THE THOUSAND MILES SING-A-LONG THANK YOU BYE

Shining Raichu

Years
With a book of questionable literary value gets adapted to the screen, it can still become a very good film. Take The Godfather, for instance. As a book, it's a fairly unremarkable genre exercise; as a film, the script takes liberties with some of the events and characters, and the visual template that Coppola gives to it elevates it from mere pulp to high art. With Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (and unlike Bridget Jones's Diary), the writers and director manages to gut the book - which is actually quite good - completely of what made it entertaining, selecting only the drabbest bits and then getting the cast and crew to make as drab a film as possible out of them.

So... yeah. I really really really dislike it when people say "It's the book's fault if a film is bad." For a really amazing film out of a not-so-great book: see Psycho or Adaptation. For a terrible film out of a good book, see most of the versions of A Christmas Carol (except the Muppet one) and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.

My objection to what you were saying dealt with the plot specifically lol. I'm not saying it's a book's fault if the movie is bad (which I still don't agree is the case with Bridget Jones 2), merely that the plot is taken directly from the book and therefore any issues with the storyline itself do speak to the book rather the film.

the Harry Potter series is very much in the realm of 'okay'
tumblr_ly2lxflT5z1qk5cdu.gif

YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE THEM ALL. YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE THEM ALL.

Don't worry Raichu, I like Buffy. Although I haven't seen it since I was about 14.

You just earned 57 bro points. I'll have to tell Razor Leaf to adjust the score board.

----

Also lol, what did I say that's making everybody go "whoa Raichu has a dark side"? Was it the Jane Austen thing? Cos like... death is terrible, but I do believe in the greater good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back