• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Um... That's not a name, and regardless of whether we're talking about mythology or Pokemon, no, they're typically not. As I said, Elizabeth. It shortens to Lizzie. IE: Lizard. A thing that dragons are.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Um... That's not a name, and regardless of whether we're talking about mythology or Pokemon, no, they're typically not. As I said, Elizabeth. It shortens to Lizzie. IE: Lizard. A thing that dragons are.

Of course it's not. So that's why it's a custom name.
Well, Dragonite is a bipedal creature.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragonite

Custom names for the win!

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
This is the a great hack..the best hack ive played so far since ive play Pokemon Flora SKy..i hope you dont change the story and the graphics..also i wish that you add a town map to carry and add a healer on yellow town and a bicyle/motorcycle,evolve feebas in the english version..Thanks..

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
Lauren Leaders:
#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta)
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi)
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima)
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore)
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka)
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo)
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentala Fu)
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan)

Lauren Elite Four:
#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo)
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcam Haruka)
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi)
#4 Elite Four: Dragon
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay

Stupid question. But are you going to have:
Leader Rocha wants to battle!
OR
Leader Rocha Hyouta wants to battle!

Apart from that, if the only other thing being changed is the difficulty, then it's fine in my view. This whole relationship thing is just a minor change and won't edit any of the scripts or the gameplay, so its fine.

EDIT: How about Nessie for the Dragon Gym? I mean, who hasn't heard of the Loch Ness monster...

Years
What Wesley meant by "Since you're not modifying my original story"
is that I cannot edit his core story, but that doesn't mean
that I cannot edit some minor stuff that wouldn't affect the core story of the hack at all. I don't see why adding a few background stories in the Gym Leaders will affect the core story.

It's not that I'm making the player go around a few more circles in order to get to the next event...

For one, "freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )" does not in any way sound like, "minor events within the story may be altered." What it says is that anything relating to the story should not be tampered with. Tampering with the story would imply one subtracting from or adding to the story. Simply because the game has a set path to completion does not mean that anything in-between does not matter.

Second of all, the difference between a minor character and major character is depth. Supporting characters (minor characters) are flat. This means that they are two-dimensional and do not exhibit personal growth. This is to not say that they are not needed. They serve their soul purpose in the story, and that is it. (Example: Gym Leader Brock from Red/Blue) What you are doing by adding outside motivations to the gym leader (i.e Marriage) is changing a minor character into a major character. While this character's plot may not directly affect the player's main goal of collecting gym badges, you have rewritten a minor character into a major character who now has their own minor plot within the story. This is Literature 101.

As an example, let's say that I am translating Eugene Ionesco's Exit The King. Shakespeare has given me power to use whatever font I wish, the power to localize names, and I can even format the structure of the text. However, I cannot change the plot. Regardless, I take the nameless guard character and give him a family and devote some time exploring his interaction with them. The reader is now no longer getting Eugene Ionesco's plot of Exit The King, nor are they getting the characters Ionesco imagined, but instead my interpretation of what and how things should be. This is how adding background stories will change the story.

To summarize, adding to characters is changing the story. By doing more than changing a name, you are changing how the story flows. Wesley's statement was not broad. It did not leave anything open to interpretation. Even with language issues, he made it clear that everything is fair game except the storyline and graphics. Your PARTNER Ash said you are changing Wesley's hack into your own hack. Based upon what you have said and what has been presented, I would have to agree.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Can someone tell me where I can find Gible and Bagon in this hack? I have no idea where they are.
Aparantly, they're on the right of Dragonbreath city? But they're not in Mt.Draken, so I have no idea where to look.
Some help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Years
"I've been working on some extra random Trainers. These Trainers will only battle if you interact with them, and they will have 6 PKMN but all of their PKMN will not have high AI level. After all, they're only random Trainers."

That seems like a idea that can work, but do not dare say where they are located because it should be a surprise.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Stupid question. But are you going to have:
Leader Rocha wants to battle!
OR
Leader Rocha Hyouta wants to battle!

Apart from that, if the only other thing being changed is the difficulty, then it's fine in my view. This whole relationship thing is just a minor change and won't edit any of the scripts or the gameplay, so its fine.

EDIT: How about Nessie for the Dragon Gym? I mean, who hasn't heard of the Loch Ness monster...

Obviously, it's going to be "Leader Rocha would like to battle!"
I won't include her surname. (I doubt that there is even space for that)
Her surname will only be mentioned before the battle.

This is the a great hack..the best hack ive played so far since ive play Pokemon Flora SKy..i hope you dont change the story and the graphics..also i wish that you add a town map to carry and add a healer on yellow town and a bicyle/motorcycle,evolve feebas in the english version..Thanks..

A few things have already added into the hack.
1. Healing machine in Verdart Town (Yellow Town's new name)
2. Feebas evolves in Lv. 25.
3. Core story won't be edited; however, some minor stuff will be added. But it still wouldn't affect the core story.
4. There is already "bicycle". It's the Team Steam Uniform.

For one, "freedom to change whatever they want in the game since you do not modify the original story. (NO CHANGE HISTORY OR GRAPHICS )" does not in any way sound like, "minor events within the story may be altered." What it says is that anything relating to the story should not be tampered with. Tampering with the story would imply one subtracting from or adding to the story. Simply because the game has a set path to completion does not mean that anything in-between does not matter.

Second of all, the difference between a minor character and major character is depth. Supporting characters (minor characters) are flat. This means that they are two-dimensional and do not exhibit personal growth. This is to not say that they are not needed. They serve their soul purpose in the story, and that is it. (Example: Gym Leader Brock from Red/Blue) What you are doing by adding outside motivations to the gym leader (i.e Marriage) is changing a minor character into a major character. While this character's plot may not directly affect the player's main goal of collecting gym badges, you have rewritten a minor character into a major character who now has their own minor plot within the story. This is Literature 101.

As an example, let's say that I am translating Eugene Ionesco's Exit The King. Shakespeare has given me power to use whatever font I wish, the power to localize names, and I can even format the structure of the text. However, I cannot change the plot. Regardless, I take the nameless guard character and give him a family and devote some time exploring his interaction with them. The reader is now no longer getting Eugene Ionesco's plot of Exit The King, nor are they getting the characters Ionesco imagined, but instead my interpretation of what and how things should be. This is how adding background stories will change the story.

To summarize, adding to characters is changing the story. By doing more than changing a name, you are changing how the story flows. Wesley's statement was not broad. It did not leave anything open to interpretation. Even with language issues, he made it clear that everything is fair game except the storyline and graphics. Your PARTNER Ash said you are changing Wesley's hack into your own hack. Based upon what you have said and what has been presented, I would have to agree.

Say whatever you want, but more people seem to be fine with the changes. Only a few people are not fine with the changes. You, of all people, are one of them. Nobody even cares about that. They'll feel more excited in playin' this edited stuff, though.

"I've been working on some extra random Trainers. These Trainers will only battle if you interact with them, and they will have 6 PKMN but all of their PKMN will not have high AI level. After all, they're only random Trainers."

That seems like a idea that can work, but do not dare say where they are located because it should be a surprise.

Yep, I just like random walking NPC-like Trainers.
They'll be sure to scare the hell out of the players.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
hey man u have my support.

Good. I like to have power and reputation on my side!

Anyways, here's the updated list of the names, their relationships and surnames:

Zheri Leaders:

#1 Leader: Bug: (Ariadna Tsukushi) -Older sister of Bugsy Tsukushi
#2 Leader: Grass (Floria Bush) -Maternal cousin of Gardenia Natane
#3 Leader: Water (Trentan Mikuri) -Younger brother of Wallace and Lochen Mikuri
#4 Leader: Ghost (Auric Matsuba) -Younger brother of Morty Matsuba
#5 Leader: Ground (Atlur Kikuno) -Grandson of Bertha Kikuno; older brother of Terreno Kikuno
#6 Leader: Electric (Voltige Tessen) -Grandson of Wattson Tessen
#7 Leader: Ice (Aisey Suzuna) -Older sister of Candice Suzuna
#8 Leader: Dragon (Wesley Amaral) -Maternal cousin of Lance, Bipeda and Clair Wataru;
Has a girlfriend named Bruna Borges (Lives in Wesley's house)

Zheri Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Ground (Terreno Kikuno) -Younger brother of Atlur Kikuno; grandson of Bertha Kikuno
#2 Elite Four: Water (Lochen Mikuri) -Older brother of Trentan Mikuri, younger brother of Wallace Mikuri
#3 Elite Four: Dark (Foula Karin) -Older sister of Karen Karin
#4 Elite Four: Steel (Metella Mikan) -Older sister of Jasmine and Estelle Mikan
#5 Champion: Kahori Abukara -Has a crush on Jas Matthews (Prof. Jasmine) Updated name: Prof. Jas Matthews

Lauren Leaders:

#1 Leader: Rock (Rocha Hyouta) -Younger sister of Roark Hyouta; daughter of Byron Hyouta
#2 Leader: Flying (Cirocco Nagi) -Younger sister of Winona and Avicana Nagi
#3 Leader: Fighting (Marshana Shijima) -Daughter of Chuck Shijima
#4 Leader: Fire (Cole Moore) -Younger brother of Flannery Moore; grandson of Blitz Moore
#5 Leader: Normal (Reginald Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; older brother of May, Max and Malcalm Haruka
#6 Leader: Poison (Quill Kyo) -Son of Koga Kyo; Older brother of Janine and Belladonna Kyo
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalland Fu) -Son of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu
#8 Leader: Steel (Estelle Mikan) -Younger sister of Metella Mikan; older sister of Jasmine Mikan

Lauren Elite Four:

#1 Elite Four: Poison (Belladonna Kyo) -Daughter of Koga Kyo; Younger sister of Janine and Quill Kyo
#2 Elite Four: Normal (Malcalm Haruka) -Son of Norman Haruka; younger brother of Reginald Haruka; Older brother of May and Max Haruka
#3 Elite Four: Flying (Avicana Nagi) -Older sister of Winona and Cirocco Nagi
#4 Elite Four: Dragon (Bipeda Wataru) -Maternal cousin of Wesley; Younger sister of Lance Wataru; Paternal cousin of Clair Wataru
#5 Champion: Victorrie Tremblay - Has a crush on Bipeda Wataru and tries his best to teach her to be the best

Steam Admins:

-Sheyla Gomes
-Shirl Anderson

Steam Leaders:

-Vatten Vodi and Mitsis Zemya (Surnames in Bulgarian; means water and land respectively); Relationship: Maternal and Paternal cousins
-Katyne Cardoso
-Zeal Sanchez (Persie)
-Kratos Ferreira

Steam King:

Zero Nula (Surname in Bulgarian; also means zero)

According to the above data, it seems that most people in Light Platinum are Japanese;
while Team Steam have Bulgarians, Americans and Brazillians as members.

Rivals:

-Red Nelson
-Solana Kazuki-Hinata; Wife of Lunick Kazuki
-Lunick Kazuki; Husband of Solana
-Xenza Allen
-Xenzo Wright
- Ethan Hibiki
- Lucas Koki
- Silver Griffin

World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

-Has a lot of children in his estate, all having "Ketchum" as their surname.

Badge Names:

Zheri's Badges:

1. Bee Badge
2. Growth Badge
3. Sail Badge
4. Dusk Badge
5. Fossil Badge
6. Power Badge
7. Winter Badge
8. Meteor Badge

For Lauren's badges:
1. Cave Badge
2. Strato Badge
3. Macho Badge
4. Erupt Badge
5. Blank Badge
6. Ninja Badge
7. Brain Badge
8. Plate Badge

Last edited:
Years
Truthfully, as long as you realize that Wes will not be happy with what you are doing, then fine. It is your choice in the end. I don't know of any forum rules you are breaking by overstepping what power Wes has given you, so there isn't much that can be done.

However, do not be surprised when edited versions of your "translation" are distributed, removing your storyline changes.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2013
World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Oh God, that's ridiculous. You realise how absurd this is don't you? I don't see why you're s adamant on doing it, it's adding nothing to the gameplay and just making the game seem like it should be called "Pokemon: The Soap Opera Version".
Really, Wes should have appointed someone better than you- I think I'll just keep playing the portugese one. I might not understand it, but it's gotta be better than the **** you're producing.

Years
#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalla Fu) -Daughter of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu

Just one thing: Mentalla is a daughter and a older brother at the same time? That doesn't make sense :)

And to the people that complain: JUST DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. It's seriously getting annoying now

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Oh God, that's ridiculous. You realise how absurd this is don't you? I don't see why you're s adamant on doing it, it's adding nothing to the gameplay and just making the game seem like it should be called "Pokemon: The Soap Opera Version".
Really, Wes should have appointed someone better than you- I think I'll just keep playing the portugese one. I might not understand it, but it's gotta be better than the **** you're producing.

If you don't like what I'm editing, leave the thread alone. Really.
I'm not pissed, but neither am I appreciated with this comment.
Wesley made the right choice. I'm not just doing any translating - I'm editing a lot of things.
I don't realize how absurd this is. A pair of people who are dating should have results.
The result is marriage. Obviously, (If you watched the anime)
Ash Ketchum dated
-Misty Kasumi
-May Haruka
-Dawn Hikari

And he's now dating Iris.

#7 Leader: Psychic (Mentalla Fu) -Daughter of Jin Fu; Older brother of Tate and Liza Fu

Just one thing: Mentalla is a daughter and a older brother at the same time? That doesn't make sense :)

And to the people that complain: JUST DON'T PLAY THE GAME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. It's seriously getting annoying now

Crap - I'll fix it.

Really? Ash has three wives AND a girlfriend? O.O
Think about it one more time.

I'm very clear in making this decision.
Well, these are the results of Poké Shipping, Pearl Shipping and Advanced Shipping.
Negai Shipping is still in progress.

Since PKMN tend to defy logic, even people who are at the age of 10 can have wives and children.
I might even include the estate for Ash Ketchum's family because of the Leagues he had won.
(Indigo, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I Have A Suggestion If This Is okay..

World Champion:

Ash Ketchum
Description:

-Has a total of 3 wives:

-Misty Ketchum-Kasumi
-May Ketchum-Haruka
-Dawn Ketchum-Hikari

1 new girlfriend - Iris

-World Champion in PKMN

Why Dont You Give Misty To Ash
Then Add The Protagonist of Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald And Give Him May
Then Give Dawn To Lucas
Then Lastly Give Iris to Ethan

Instead of Ash Taking All The Girls And Giving them Children Coz Not All The People That Are Dating Didnt End Of marriage..

Why Dont You Merge the pokecenter and pokemart just like black and white..

And Add Professor Elm in This Game to Give Jhoto Starter,Rowan Gives The Sinnoh Starter then professor Oak Gives the kanto Starter Professor,Birch For Hoenn Starter,Juniper For Black And White Starter

Change The Starter To Be Unique from The Other Previous game Maybe The Selection Of Dragon,Dark,Steel..

Then Add Son,Daughter Maybe Twins Of Lance The Dragon Master to Be A new Rival..

As for bike i didnt know that the plasma suit is the bike for this game thanks for telling me..=D..
I Hope The English Version Will be New but Not Change..Just Like Nintendo DoesThe Remake Of Pokemon Gold And Silver to Heart GOld ANd Soul Silver..=DSorry for my poor English..

Last edited:
Back