• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay, I'm having a problem with textbox editing. First off i DID follow Thex4's tut, but I want to know if This is what It's supposed to look like is Tile Molester. Secondly, if it is, Then can I copy+paste parts of a textbox in, or do I have to do it by hand?
Ummm...Not to be naggy, but I've no comments on this yet. Could someone please help me out? It would be much appriciated :)

KingKombat

Intermediate Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2008
What are the numbers for the Fire Red trainers sprites in unLZ-GBA? (Male)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
Can someone tell me, word for word, how to get a trainer to disappear after he is defeated like Giovanni in Silph Co.? Help would be very appreciated.

Years
Ummm...Not to be naggy, but I've no comments on this yet. Could someone please help me out? It would be much appriciated :)
I guess I should have added something on this into the tutorial... :\
Ok, if you've ever seen Zel's general tutorial that involves changing the backsprite's of the Player. You'll notice you need to use those arrows to make everything line up right.
You need to line up the tiles, to look the same as they do in VBA's tile viewer.
Hopefully that helps.

Years
I have a question I might need later for my hack.
There is a song from a game Star Ocean: till the end of time.
I was wondering if It's possible to make the music fit an Emerald rom ?
I know for sure the music needs editing but I just wanna know if it's possible ?
Thanks =)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have a question I might need later for my hack.
There is a song from a game Star Ocean: till the end of time.
I was wondering if It's possible to make the music fit an Emerald rom ?
I know for sure the music needs editing but I just wanna know if it's possible ?
Thanks =)

the only music extension file we can use for ROM-hacking is a midi file, with the help of a MIDI2GBA, we can convert it to s file for inserting it into the ROM. ;)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone know the offset in Sappy for the Gym Battle music?

hm? we can see the offsets the music used through Sappy. :\
Spoiler:

if you mean the instruments the offsets use, then there's a tutorial about that for FireRed. :)

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I guess I should have added something on this into the tutorial... :\
Ok, if you've ever seen Zel's general tutorial that involves changing the backsprite's of the Player. You'll notice you need to use those arrows to make everything line up right.
You need to line up the tiles, to look the same as they do in VBA's tile viewer.
Hopefully that helps.

Oh, actually I think I have looked at that thread a time or two. I just didn't notice that part :P Well, I really appriciate it Thethethethe!

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Okay, I have two questions, one of which I already asked by was ignored.

My first Gym Leader is supposed to have a Squirtle and a Luvdisc, and instead of a Luvdisc, a level 38 Weezing keeps showing up. I checked in PET, and it says she has a Luvdisc, so I'm thinking it's a problem with the program. Uh... help.

Also, question number two, when I set trainers' view radii (to, for example, 4) in Advance Map, they come toward me before I actually come into their line of sight, the screen goes red, and the game freezes. Again, help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also having a bunch of trouble with map connections. I have all of the offsets right (I think) and yet my maps still mess up. At the connection between maps, my ROM freezes. This has been happening for a long time, and I really want an answer to it.

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My first Gym Leader is supposed to have a Squirtle and a Luvdisc, and instead of a Luvdisc, a level 38 Weezing keeps showing up. I checked in PET, and it says she has a Luvdisc, so I'm thinking it's a problem with the program. Uh... help.

that happens to me sometimes though.
anyways, after that experience, I decided not to use PET anymore.
instead, I use Amplifier 2006 Ae.
Though I do think your best bet is to go with hex editing it.
(don't ask me how. I don't know how.)

Also, question number two, when I set trainers' view radii (to, for example, 4) in Advance Map, they come toward me before I actually come into their line of sight, the screen goes red, and the game freezes. Again, help would be much appreciated.

never had problems like that before.
sorry, can't help ya.

but then, maybe you already fought that trainer before?

EDIT: I'm also having a bunch of trouble with map connections. I have all of the offsets right (I think) and yet my maps still mess up. At the connection between maps, my ROM freezes. This has been happening for a long time, and I really want an answer to it.

Sorry for all the questions.

you should make correct offsets for those maps.
inputing wrong offsets would make the game freeze.
so you will be doing some trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back