• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Ads in the opening post?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm seeing ads at the top of every first post like in Team Fail's image now even though I wasn't seeing them before when I looked at this thread. Even with adblock on there's still this hella annoying bar there that says "relevant advertising".

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Which style are you using? It's a pretty significant change to the template code and unfortunately it's in postbits, which it feels like every single style messes with. :(
I'm using Fundamental.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Also, there are random bits of text highlighted in double underline all across the forums right now, but it's not staying that way. Once I get the code fixed up, all unregistered/not-logged-in users will see highlights only on actual post content, and nowhere else.
Looks like something went wrong because those highlights are visible to registered users as well.

Edit: All of those highlight ads seem to be Facebook ads and some of them are even badly done (there's visible JPEG artefacts) which makes me suspect that they're fake and you can even get malware if you click them.

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Could I get some screenshots from you?
Yes, here's two.

Highlight in-text ad in a post while I'm logged in.
highlight1.png

Two more in-text ads and the bad quality ad which pops up from some of the highlights when you put mouse over them, this ad made me suspect that they're fake ads.
highlight2.png

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
On mobile, the in-line ads don't even open a pop-up when you click on them, they just redirect you.
If you click on the "?", it let's you opt-out, but I can't opt-out on mobile.

Back