• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I lol'd at this... I agree tents dont have windows...
Why not? They're more like marquees than tents, anyway (the way they're being used), and those can definitely have windows. The window designs, though, could be improved (their white outlines are too thick).

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Why do those tent things have windows..? I don't know if they also do have them in HGSS, but it looks pretty weird.
On the second screen the shading looks weird, it's lighter than the ground underneath it. Also, I think you've overdone the exclamations in the text bar (''Why?!!!'') Just turn it into ''Why?!''. Looks much more professional.
Otherwise they look good.
Normal tents have windows, and yes, it does in HG/SS as well. I've changed them a little now after what Maruno said. I've completely removed the shadows, it's inside after all. It was only supposed to be a joke, that's not actually going to be in the game, but I see your point, so changed.

@●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●: I know what you mean, I don't like them much either. Problem is, I can't find the HG/SS auto tile anywhere :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
My new screenshot.

@Syllyra: How you change the main menu image???

Last edited:
Years
Well here's a recent screenie :

In_Game_Screen_01_by_AerowKun.png

I think the night thingy is a lil too night-ish...I'm thinking of adding moonlight to it...

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Adding moon light sounds like a good idea It is always so dark at night in essentials.

Atomic Reactor

Pretty impressive screenshots. How did you get the water reflections working properly? Usually the reflections starts right on the brown edge, but yours properly starts on the water.

It actually is on the brown edge =/
haha, very little, but it is there.

You'd have to open it in paint to see it really.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
yes, a little part of the sprite is reflected in the brown edge^^.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Wow, ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●, Those look very nice! Although something feels off about the cave. The stair case doesn't look like it fits quite right, and the gray bordering the cave walls and certain objects seem to stick out. Maybe edit the color a little bit, or make it semi- transparent.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Hey! I've got some more screens to show people! Actually, I was hoping you guys could compare the latest to the newest look of the starting town. Is that good?

OLD > NEW
orioletown.png
orioletown2.png

Not completely the same placement, but good enough for you guys to compare. Please c+c.

I'm actually trying to get the mapping perfect before starting with the actual scripting/eventing. (Although I cannot script to save my life, so if anyone wants to help, feel free to PM me.)

EDIT: Sorry about reposting, I had to edit something and ended up clicking delete instead of Save. :P

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Looks much better Aquakip! Really nice strating town now. Maybe you could add a rock or two to the beach to just liven it up a bit? Or a shell or something along those lines.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
A bunch of screens for Pokemon: Saints. Includes the updated sprites of the player and Lili, the first version of the Pokemon Center interior, part of the wilderness (which has trees that need to be fixed), and a couple of updated battle screens, including an example of messing around with the animations, which is unfortunately off-center.

Spoiler:

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Littleroot Town from my semi-R/S/E remake :)
BEFORE you critique:

• It's been JPEG'd
  • It's been watermarked
  • Credits to Kyledove
  • It's a work in progress, path tiles still need to be added.
  • It's massive =]
Spoiler:

Years
Why would you watermark someone else's public tiles? It seems rather silly to me. Still, it's a nice enough revamp of Littleroot, although there's a lot of space to the south-east because the lab is so far to the left.

@Civil Servant
I really like the way you're blending the RMXP graphics with the Pokémon ones. It's working really well, so kudos. :)

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Why would you watermark someone else's public tiles? It seems rather silly to me. Still, it's a nice enough revamp of Littleroot, although there's a lot of space to the south-east because the lab is so far to the left.
Now I feel stupid :L
I will now add something to that area :)
Thanks,
-PP

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I've got some more screenshots! :)

They're pretty much complete remakes of an earlier screenshot of a place in Helio Version called Ice Terrace.

copyofpireel2.png

Um, and about the transparency...I can't seem to change that. It's not supposed to happen.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I've got some more screenshots! :)

They're pretty much complete remakes of an earlier screenshot of a place in Helio Version called Ice Terrace.

copyofpireel2.png

Um, and about the transparency...I can't seem to change that. It's not supposed to happen.

Is the text supposed to be so high? If it was opaque, it would take up almost half of the screen! A little too much for my taste. Nice screenies btw, suberbly done :3, although the incline of the mountain's on the first screeny is done wrong :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back