• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Strumline

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
GJ! Hey, I know, you should put a tutorial :0
Thanks Seth! Hmm I dunno about that... I kinda deviate, even if a little bit, between my artworks. (and am too lazy to make a tutorial, not to mention I suck at explaining lol) I do flats, digital painting, cellshade, and in-between, so... >.<
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's my mandatory rock-type cavemons based upon the Pawn, Rook, and King Chess pieces :)
Introducing Stalacrumb, Stalacore and Stalakarn!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Thanks Seth! Hmm I dunno about that... I kinda deviate, even if a little bit, between my artworks. (and am too lazy to make a tutorial, not to mention I suck at explaining lol) I do flats, digital painting, cellshade, and in-between, so... >.<
--------------------------------------------------------
Here's my mandatory rock-type cavemons based upon the Pawn, Rook, and King Chess pieces :)
Introducing Stalacrumb, Stalacore and Stalakarn!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These sure are elegant and interesting designs with the chesspiece cave-dwelling species. The color choice is excellent as well. I get a hint of charade from Soul Caliber with the eye; very ominous! I am doing a card-suit and chess motif, ie, queen of hearts. But, where I am taking two common concepts as inspiration, you really have tested out a theme of your own creation!

That grass starter final evolution is to die for. :)

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Thanks The Dark Avenger! Hmm i haven't played Soul Caliber, but I actually thought Stalakarn kinda resembles Senketsu from Kill La Kill lol :P Also yeah I really like Sacreflora :D
--------------------------------------
Next up is a cassowary line :D
First up is kind of a parody to a certain game :) Introducing Grouchick!
Spoiler:

Its evolution is inspired by Mel Gibson's facepaint in his Braveheart movie :) Here's Cass-o-war!
Spoiler:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Well I wanted to give emphasis on it being a "kicker" bird, since kicks are the only fighting moves it'll be able to use. And considering we have disproportionate weirdos like diggersby, I think it's not much of a problem lol :P

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Pokemon Regulus Spreadsheet

^ I decided to encode the fakemon data that I'm planning on this link. So far most of these are still incomplete and/or subject to change, but the spreadsheet mostly includes:
- 154 planned fakemon (165 if different formes are included) with movepool data in-progress
- 10 proposed mega evos
- A separate spreadsheet with info on potential location/catch methods in accordance with the Tervari Map
- "Trainerdex" that has the team rosters of the main characters of the story
- Over 20 custom abilities
- Over 50 custom moves, 20 of which are available in TM-like items called NM's (Native Machines)
- Over 60 custom items

And of course, a few fakemons to go with it:
Flaschemy, a fakemon based on the alchemical being, Homunculus:
Spoiler:

and Cellectro, a fakemon based on batteries!
Spoiler:

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Wow. I've checked your dA since some of the pics on the thread won't load. Everything I've seen is awesome.

Your Ragnarok artwork looks awesome. I really liked the style you used for the characters. That Warlock girl is awesome.

Your Fakemon designs are also awesome. The style you used for them is distinct. I also loved reading the Dex entries, some have really great lore incorporated into them. Drasilikos, Cellectro, Flaschemy, Sylphleece, Virgrim and Sahrafi are just some of my favorites in terms of design. But they all look awesome.

More power to you and your art! Mabuhay! :)

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Oh, right... For some reason, Imageshack thought it was fun to dick around and my account had its images corrupted. I'm gonna upload them to my imgur instead once I got time. :)

Thanks for the comments, kababayan! ^_^

Last edited:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Whew! Fixed the OP. Imageshack you're a douchebag screw you

In the meantime, another fire/water! ...or rather, Water/Fire fakemon based on Hot Springs and the fictional Kappa! Introducing Volcappa!
Spoiler:

It kinda gives me a TMNT vibe tho lol

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2015
Really great work you have here! Very artistic, you have some great skills! ^^

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
What an artwork ! The best art i ever saw in PC ! YOUR really great. I really loved the first pic where a man is covered with Chain. And the 2nd picture too.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Update:
Humanshape fakemon based on cosmic bodies and miko/shamans:
WAIFUMONS Cosmica, Solarica, Lunarica, Stellarica, and Gravica!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Reactions: ZKE

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
*whistles* You are quite multi-talented. I hope you can get someone over in the games part of the forum to help complete your project. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Magistrum you're too talented. You've still got that raw style that all your own, and all of the good things that go along with it. Still one of my favorite artists on PC. o/

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
NECROBUMP!!!
Whew it's been a while since i posted on my own thread {D:} and hang out in pokecommunity even

Magistrum you're too talented. You've still got that raw style that all your own, and all of the good things that go along with it. Still one of my favorite artists on PC. o/
Thanks Fairy >////< that means a lot to me, especially coming from a great artist such as yourself (/^o^)/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, onto the shameless art update o3o

The 19th art competition for the design of Smogon's 19th Create-a-Pokemon project has recently been concluded, and along with a tough art voting poll, I got myself winning the design stage! Presenting Plasmanta!
3KxxQYb.png
Along with some Supporting Art that helped me appeal to voters:

This design was accompanied by other 2 designs that could have made their way to be my Final Sub, too.
yAnhkrA.jpg

gi6ukmW.jpg

Next is a contribution to The Player Issue#3, used on this article and was also used as Pokemon Showdown Breeding Room's Banner. It was quite a rushed job, but I like how it turned out. Paying homage to my fondness for Harvest Moon, presenting Breed Factory: A Pokémon Harvest Moon!
Bn3OhPo.png

Next is a last-minute contribution to the 36th Issue of The Smog, appearing in the RU Spotlight: Moltres article. However it somehow made its way to be the issue's cover art, too! :O Presenting Wildfire!
Spoiler:

Next is a Mugen Fighting Game Character Concept Art for a litte ongoing project on Pokemon Showdown's Art Room. They said the character should represent myself, so naturally I didn't follow lel.

Character Profile found here. So without further ado, introducing sexyswordgirls Character Concept Art: Magistelle
Spoiler:

And of course, last but not least, is a slew of fakemon for my slow-but-steady project :)

First is a recolor of one of my CAP submissions, but personally I like this scheme more than the yellow+dark violet contrasting cluster**** above lol. Inspired by the Manticore and a bit of Vlad the Impaler, here's Vladicore!
Spoiler:

Second is a Rock/Ghost Fakemon line based on Obelisks and Tombs :) Presenting Obelith and Tectomb!
Spoiler:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
A bit of an update:

So I recently expanded my dex and bumped it up to 172 (200 if including all formes, megas and primals) with this spritedex template. (it's still empty tho, sorry :P)
Warning: HUMONGOUS IMAGE AHEAD
Spoiler:

Also, about my Mugen Fighting Game Character Project, I finally went out of my comfort zone to make Magistelle's very first sprite (and is also my absolute first sprite EVER)! (/^o^)/
bMR6pWZ.png

Her overall stance is referenced from Mitsuru Kirijo's sprite in Persona 4 Arena. I know it's far from perfect since it's my first sprite, so any critique or suggestions to help me improve her will be very much appreciated ^_^

Last edited:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Another round of fakemons! This is the early canine of my region, based on the bloodhound :) here's Slooch and Gorebert!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
These designs are amazing! I like literally everything about them. I had a look through your other pages and all your stuff is just absolutely admirable. I especially love your pure rock-line based on crystals. Really great stuff!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Your Fakemon designs are incredible. I've been going over them all a couple of times in the past few minutes and they're honestly that good that if Nintendo decided to use your work for the next Pokemon game, I'd throw my money at them.

Even your human art work is spectacular, especially the first piece you posted with the guy in chains. I especially like the eye on his hand, that's a really nice touch. You deserve a lot more praise than what I'm giving right now, but I've just woken up and I'm rather tired! I'll maybe edit this a little bit later on and include more nice, deserved words and compliments.

Keep on updating that Fakemon dex, though! The layout of the dex is something special, and I like how you have descriptions and abilities for each Fakemon.

Back