• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Wyatt Donaghue, By the Sea

Wyatt scratched the side of his head as he thought. "While we're out here, we should get a little training in. Boo, you already fought, so you can take a rest." The Gastly nodded, and relaxed in the warm sand. "Gaia and Sheldon, we should battle some wild Pokemon!" The pair nodded, and Gaia walked closer to the water's edge. Sheldon floated across the water until he reached the shore, and then he waited beside Gaia. Wyatt still saw a pair of Krabby scuttling around underwater. "Hey, Krabby!" The crab Pokemon kept walking, as they didn't hear him. Wyatt stuck his head underwater. "Kraaaaaaaabyyyy!" he gurgled. The two Krabby turned to him, and began scuttling towards him, clicking their claws together angrily.

"Woah!" Wyatt exclaimed. "I guess they don't like beachgoers very much. We're going to have a battle for sure. A double battle!" He retreated to the beach, and picked up his backpack. Wyatt and his Pokemon backed further up the beach, to give the Krabby room to battle. The pair scuttled onto the shore; bubbles were lining their mouths. As they grew closer to Wyatt and his Pokemon, the Krabby unleashed a volley of Bubbles aimed at Sheldon and Gaia. The attack popped against the Pokemon with little effect (Sheldon being a fellow Water type, and Gaia being a Grass type). "Sheldon, use Ice Beam on the Krabby on the right! Gaia, charge up your Solar Beam!" The Grotle began focusing the sun's rays into energy; her bushes shone with light and power. Sheldon opened his mouth and shot out a ray of ice, that hit the Krabby on the right. The attack didn't do too much damage, but the crab Pokemon was encased in a block of ice, and struggled to get free.

The Krabby on the left ignored its comrade's plight, and scuttled towards Gaia. It latched its pincers onto Gaia's front left leg in a ViceGrip, resulting in a pained cry from the Grotle. "Gaia, shake it off and attack it with Solar Beam!" The Grotle shook the Krabby off of its leg, and unleashed a powerful beam of green light from its mouth, engulfing the Krabby, and sending it flying back into the sea, defeated. It landed with a great SPLASH. Meanwhile, the remaining Krabby broke free of its icy prison, and unleashed a Bubblebeam at Sheldon, which struck without too much effect. "Okay, Sheldon...Let's try...Hidden Power!" The Shellos emitted several small orbs of light, not unlike a Swift attack, which struck the Krabby dead-on. The Krabby's strength was waivering, that much was clear, as it staggered towards Gaia for another ViceGrip.

"Gaia, hit it with a Razor Leaf!" The Grotle whipped several spinning leaves from its bushes that struck the Krabby, and knocked it flat on its back. "Woo!" Wyatt cheered. "Great job, you guys! You Krabbys did a great job, too!" He walked over to the fallen Krabby, but it hastily sat up and retreated into the water to tend to its wounds. "No hard feelings, right?" The Krabby waved its claw in the air as it disappeared into the water. "I take that as a 'yes', I suppose. Well, guys, let's go back to the Academy to get you a bit of rest!" Wyatt recalled all 3 of his Pokemon, put his clothes back on, and headed back to the Academy--his shorts were already mostly dry from the heat of the sun.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Cafeteria ---> Academy Grounds
------------------------------

Maxwell soon realized what was going on when Hugin seemed to hae hidden. He wanted to get back at Vriska by summoning a swarm of angey Murkrow? That was not only dangerous for both of them, but it was also very ill-mannered. But then again, Hugin had never cared much about manners unless they were directed towards him. The teentried to find the crow so he could shoot him a condemning glare, but his eyes were unable to spot the Honchkrow for the moment. Instead, he got ready to face the Murkrows standing, errr, flying against them. But before Maxwell could even send out one of his Pokémon, Vriska had already taken care of things with her Pikachu.

Hugin's eyes widened at the scene playing before him. She... She actually managed to do it? The crow stared at the PokéBall on the ground from the tree. Two emotions arose inside of the Honchkrow now. One was astonishment, he had really thought that this girl couldn't handle a situation like this without someone else's help. The other emotion was anger. Stupid, cowardly Murkrows! What kind of underlings were there on this island? Why did he only manahe to summon the weak ones? Hugin couldn't get a clear answer on those questions, but he did know that he wasn't happy about the turn of events.

Maxwell stood around - waiting for Hugin to come back out - when he suddenly felt something tug at his pants. The teen looked down to find a familiar Simipour standing beside him. But instead of the usual, serious look on her face, Sapphire now seemed worried. This lead Maxwell to the conclusion that something was wrong. Most likely was something wrong with Genevieve. The teen hurriedly looked back at Vriska and said;

"Sorry Vriska, but I think the tour ends for now. There's something that I have to take care of right now!" And with those words, Maxwell darted off in the direction that Sapphire lead him.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru Hatake-Poffins Class
"Time to create the most awesomest poffin ever!" Haru shouted with terrible grammar. He swiftly ran to the back of the room and picked the best looking table. Void came running up behind him, panting due to the fact he had eaten most of the poffins. Haru laughed. "Good try buddy." He patted his little buddy on the back. He looked over the ingredients. Ok, what did he say? He added three and a half cups of flour, three eggs, and a cup and a half of milk. That's sounds about right. He started to knead the gooey mixture in the bowl. It felt rather mooshy...He continued to knead it anyways. He looked over to Void. "This will be the best poffin ever buddy!" He decided it was time to pick the berries. He picked up a Nanab Berry and a mortar and pestle he found...on the ground and definitley on the teacher's desk. He began to grind it up, and dumped the bits into the bowl. What other berry should I use? He threw a Pinap Berry in after grinding it. A bitter-sweet victory for the sweet champion. He emptied the dough into cookie shaped globs for a grand total of six poffins. He put it in the oven for 375 degrees for fifteen minutes. "Done!" He called out.​

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Kenshin

Ryan's classroom.

Well, he and Pikachu were looking around the classroom when the teacher and another student came in. Wait...that kid was Killik from that double battle he and Olivia had. Didn't know he was gonna be in this class. Oh well. It also looked like the teacher was a little nervous too. But Kenshin didn't say anything. He didn't want to attract attention to himself.

Besides, it would be rude to interupt their conversation.

Takumi

...And Roxas just pretty much reminded Takumi why he considered most of the kids around here immature. His good mood is now gone. Still he sat and tried to focus on Elizabeth teaching the class. He got up and took the pieces as Elizabeth instructed and sat back down at his desk.

Runes huh? He figured as much. Considering what he learned from class last time, he had at least somewhat expected to use the archaic symbols like this. He slowly wrote down the symbols in his notebook. Never hurt to experiment with these runes later.

He looked at the runes and thought for a moment which one he should use. Why one though? Could he do a combination? He will ask about it after class however.

He just used the power symbol for now.

And then there was that familiar yelp again. He looked back up and...Elizabeth had fallen. He should've realized this would've happened the moment she used her wheeled chair to stand on when she was writing those runes.

He got up as well, only to see Dante had gotten to her first. Well...At least he's making a better impression on Takumi. He crouched down to Elizabeth's level just to see if any major injury was physically apparent. And even then, he asked in a calm voice, "Should I call the nurse?"

N

"Well then Fang, please take a seat then, glad you could join us," he said.

Soon he checked the rest of the roll. Huh. Looks like at least two people were missing. Oh well.

"So then class. If you already don't know who I am," N began as he then spun his chair around in a circle with his legs and arms up in the air. As soon as he made a complete circle he stopped and stood up from his chair. Which, since he was sitting in it backwards to begin with, caused the chair to fall forward with the back landing on the ground between his legs as he spread his arms out. "I am N! Yes, if you thought of the N from Unova, that is I! And this..."

He walked to the dry erase board and flipped the board to its back side to present with the class this...jumbled mess of complex mathematical formulas of some sort. "Is General Expert class! I look forward to teaching you today."

He then clapped his hands together. "Now, do we have any questions to begin today's class?"

Years
After healing his Pokemon back to full strength, Wyatt decided to find his dorm room. "After all, we can't spend the night outside, like we did in the Viridian Forest!" he explained to his Pokemon. Gaia seemed depressed at the revelation that they could not spend entire days in the island's forest. "It's not that bad, Gaia! Every day, as soon as we finish class, we can go to the forest, or the beach, or anywhere we want, and relax!" The Grotle perked up a bit, as they plodded along, to where Wyatt thought the dorm rooms were. Sheldon was perched atop Wyatt's head, Boo floated near his right shoulder, and Gaia was walking right beside him.

Eventually, they reached a dorm room, though not the one Wyatt had intended on finding. It looked worn down, and there were spell tags and wards placed all around its exterior. "Ohhhhh. This must be that Lugia Dorm, the one that's haunted. We should check it out some time, eh, Boo?" The Gastly laughed, delighted at the prospect of playing around with other Ghost Pokemon. Not long after, did they reach Suicune Dorm. Wyatt and company entered, and found a cozy space with two beds--one of which did not seem to be in use, so Wyatt set his things down there. He unloaded a great amount of papers, notebooks, pens, pencils, and sketchbooks, and neatly arranged them in a desk drawer. He folded his spare clothes and put them in a dresser. Wyatt carefully set his violin case down on the desk, and then laid his now-empty backpack on the floor.

"Seems nice, doesn't it guys?" his Pokemon nodded, appreciating how well kept Suicune Dorm was. Wyatt helped Gaia up onto his bed, where she snuggled up against the pillows and blanket. "Not bad, but I prefer sleeping outside. I can stay here sometimes when you go out!" Wyatt nodded. It would also be nice to have someone stay here, to let other dorm members know that Wyatt had claimed this bed and some of the shared space. For now, he relaxed with all of his Pokemon on the bed.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)

Training Academy/Pool--> Oak Town/Sea

Neptune surprisingly managed to slip in the use of brick break sending Draco quite some distance away from Neptune almost sending her out the pool. Neptune followed this up without haste, using aqua jet to soar across the water slamming against Draco.

"Hold on." Wyatt said, interrupting the match that was still in progress. "Let's take this to the beach." He didn't want to ruin the room as a lot of water was already displaced outside of the pool. Wyatt recalled X-Ray into his pokeball, since X-Ray would have difficulty traveling across long distance on land, and the other two hopped out of the pool following Wyatt. Wyatt walked out of the building the pool was in at a quick pace and rushed to the beach, not even slowing down to take in the marvelous sights of the island. After skimming the beach he found a suitable place for the match but before it could even begin he noticed a trainer on the beach nearby who was battling Crab-like Pokemon with a grass type that seemed like a turtle and a slug-like Pokemon. Wyatt walked over to the trainer to spectate another trainer's match as he hadn't seen a battle since he arrived at the island. Neptune and Draco lagged behind him slowly, both impatient because their battle was once again delayed. From the looks of it these crab pokemon were wild as no other human was nearby except for Wyatt and the other boy. The Crab Pokemon's mouths were foaming and it slightly creeped Wyatt out. Wyatt wanted to see if the boy, who was a few feet away from him, could hold his own in a fair battle. The boy managed to take them both down and then he recalled his pokemon. The boy soon left off the beach after he put on his clothes.

Last edited:
Years
"Yeah, I'm already tired of being cooped up in here." Wyatt recalled Gaia and Sheldon, and walked back outside with Boo. He peered through the doors, open and closed, of many classrooms. He saw Pokemon of all shapes and sizes, and saw teachers who had come from all across the land, some of whom he recognized, and some he did not. Wyatt was happy to have left the building. He went near the sea again, just looking around, when he noticed another boy, with a Bagon and a Totodile. "Hi there!" he greeted him, as he walked over to the fellow trainer. "I'm Wyatt! What's your name?"

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Oak Town/Sea

Wyatt laughed to himself as the boy came back for some reason.

"My name just happens to be Wyatt too." Wyatt said before heartily laughing again with a wide grin on his face. He never knew anyone else who shared his first name and this kid seemed pretty friendly. Before he could have even reacted, Neptune playfully pushed Wyatt's legs causing him to stumble, almost falling into the sand. "Oh Yeah, these are my pokemon, I sort of just got to this island to attend that huge academy." Wyatt said while pointing in the direction he thought the academy was in. "So I saw your battle with those crab Pokemon, and do you care for a friendly spar?" Wyatt said feeling somewhat like an idiot. He didn't know if he was on par with this guy or if the other Wyatt would wipe him out with ease but he still wanted to battle him. "My pokemon would love it if you said yes."

Years
Wyatt laughed at their shared name too, and at Neptune's playful push. "I'm Wyatt Donaghue. I just got here too, and I already have Sheldon, here!" he explained as he released his new Shellos, which recoiled a bit at the sight of the other Wyatt, and nervously retreated behind his owner's legs. "...I guess Sheldon is a bit shy around strangers, then! Oh well. Yeah, I'd be happy to battle you! 3 on 3, if you have 3 Pokemon?" Wyatt held Gaia's pokeball in his hand, and Boo, his Gastly, floated around Wyatt Wyvern, inspecting him and his Pokemon. "Boo...We talked about this. Be polite." The Gastly retreated to his owner with a chuckle. "3 on 3, first to knock out all 3 of the other's Pokemon win, sound good?" he had no idea of the other Pokemon's strengths, but he didn't really care. It was just for fun, as far as Wyatt Donaghue was concerned, and he might even make a new friend out of it.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Oak Town/Sea

The Wyatt examined the newly released Shellos, who hid behind his trainer and recognized it as the pokemon from before. The other Wyatt held up a pokeball, which presumably had a third pokemon inside. Boo, the other Wyatt's Gastly got a little too close for comfort but the other Wyatt most likely saw this and scolded Boo. The other Wyatt proposed a three on three match. Wyatt nodded his head and replied happily with a "Sure." Neptune glared at all of his enemies, prepared to outdo Draco and vice versa. Wyatt threw the last occupied pokeball he had, and after a flash of light it revealed his Mantyke, X-Ray who was caught off guard and seemed to almost mirror Shelden's behavior. "I guess beggars can't be choosers" Wyatt said with a grin.

Years
Wyatt nodded and grinned. "I think this is going to be a great match! Sheldon, could you clear the way, please?" The Shellos nodded, and scurried out of the way of the patch of land where the battle was going to take place. Wyatt considered releasing Gaia, but the fact that X-Ray, a Mantyke, was part Flying type, meant his Grotle would be at a disadvantage. Sheldon would be an able fighter, but Wyatt felt more secure leading with his Gastly, whom he had raised and trained with for five years. "Boo, you're up! Show them what you can do!" The Gastly chuckled, and assumed position opposite X-Ray. "Whenever you're ready, Wyatt! First move is all yours!"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Double Battle Expert Classroom--Battlefield?]

Tristen looked up as the Drew Stone kid started walking up to her after a decent amount of time. He smiled as she approached her. "Hey, you're Tristen, right?"

She looked him over with her arms still folded across her chest. "Yeah. I'm Tristen." She sounded unnecessarily cold. The idea of having to battle put her into a bad mood, especially considering that she had only been at the academy for a little over an hour. What's up with the confused look on his face? Tristen realized that he was trying to be friendly.

She sighed and started walking towards the battlefield, not looking to see whether or not he followed her. "And I'm guessing you're Drew." Tristen turned her head a bit and took a quick glance at him. "Well, since we're going to be battling, I should tell you beforehand that I'm a little rusty--I haven't had an official battle in quite a while." She smiled at him--Ugh... Smiling feels weird--and pulled out two pokeballs and weighed them in her hands. Her eyebrows pulled together as she started to feel her anticipation rising. This... is going to be interesting.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Oak Town/Sea

"Good." Wyatt Clenched his fist. Battling filled him with passion and he felt overjoyed as he hadn't been able to do so for weeks. He then called out a command to each of his pokemon. "Neptune, Draco, stand by, X-ray keep your distance from Boo and use water pulse!" His other two pokemon stood behind him and X-Ray obeyed word for word moving into the water and using Water Pulse sending an ultrasonic and resonating wave of water from X-Ray to Boo at a high speed. The attack looked devastating and Wyatt had never seen the move look so powerful from X-Ray.

Years
(OOC; looked devastating? Heheh, that sounds almost bunnyish, just be sure you don't slip and say it "was" devastating.)

It was a clean, solid hit. The Water Pulse struck Boo dead on, and spun him around. "Hang in there, Boo! Put 'im to sleep with Hypnosis!" Wyatt called out to his Pokemon. The Gastly shook back and forth as it focused its concentration on the battle. It swayed back and forth, Boo's motions were almost calming, soothing. "Gaaaaastly, Gaaaaaaaastly." The Gastly emitted a burst of energy, and the Hypnosis attack rushed towards X-Ray. Wyatt's Shellos watched from the sidelines, and cheered on Boo. "Shel-Shel, Shellos! You can do it! Get him!"

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
Andrew Thomas
"I had noticed Isaac but was not sure that would be your pokemon of choice for this excercise," Andrew replied in a calm flat voice. He paused for a second, looking at Tach as it sat happily on its trainers head, before continuing, "So Seedot is as we all know a pokemon which resembles a plant. Can anyone tell me its habitat?" A hand shot up at the front of the class and a small mousey girl answered Andrew's question with a tentative, "Forests?"
Grinning Andrew praised the girl with an encouraging"Correct!" before continuing, "More specifically deciduous forests. Now can anyone give me an example of an adaptation or feature this pokemon has that suits it to such an environment? Isaac? You are most familiar with little Tach here, perhaps you can give an example of what suits this pokemon to deciduous forests?" Andrew smiled encouragingly at his student.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Drew Stone - Outside Classroom, Battlefield #?

As the girl responded, and confirmed that she was indeed Tristan, Drew's heart sank with anxiety. He literally had nothing to say next, and he's going to get graded on this. As she started to walk towards the battlefield, Drew followed. Syd fell to the ground and started to hop-follow Drew.

He immediately took out Embee's Pokeball and squeezed it. Tristan explained the fact that she was a rusty battler herself. Immediately, she had something in common with him. "That's fine. I'm also rusty on my battling as well. In fact, I never really tried double battles before. I learn new things better when I try them for the first time."

Syd jumped up and down to cheer for her trainer. "Pet-Pet!"

"I have an Umbreon with me as well. Him and my Petilil are my only two Pokemon." Drew said, forewarning his Pokemon. "Shall we get started on it then, Tristan?"

As the two trainers get ready to battle, the class faces the battlefield. Drew starts to sweat a bit, cringing himself as the field became quiet. Syd continued to jump with excitement. Drew then releases his Umbreon, Embee, from the Pokeball, letting a loud rawr.

"Umbreon!"​

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015

Fang's first class - total confusion?!

Fang nodded as the teacher introduced himself, afterwards the teacher spun around before standing up and presented the class (which N had mentioned was two short of its full class) walked over to a rotating black board and spun it over showing the reverse side, which was full of nothing but incredibly complex mathematical formula. Fang's head spun as he tried to make sense of the entire thing, quickly he rose his hand and asked.

"Sir - what does that have to do with Pokemon?"

After talking he kept his hand in the air for a moment or two, before it slowly sunk back to his desk, his head fell and he tried to make himself as small as unnoticeable as possible.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

What the hell? What kind of name was N? Like, the letter? You couldn't just have a letter for a name. And this guy was acting like he was some kinda big deal instead of a total loser with stupid hair. And what was all this equation crap? This class was going to be such a freaking drag. Lincoln sighed and slouched back in his chair, staring blankly at the board. Lame.

Nika Valentine

Nika gathered her things, moving her desk and chair over to join Mark, Lucia and Danielle. Her mouth felt very dry, but she wasn't going to display any sign of weakness.

"That's right," she nodded to Mark as she sat down. "Bug types used to be weak to poison, but seem to have evolved out of that as a species. There are a number of theories as to why, but no one is really sure. A lot of people aren't aware of the change though, which contributes to the common misconception that bug types are weak." Nika adjusted her glasses, looking over her extensive notes. "Saying that, looking at it without bias, grass types do seem to have a lot going against them..."​

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Oak Town/Sea

Boo was hit by the technique and it seemed to have hit well enough to do some damage. Wyatt Pumped his fist X-Ray usually isn't the one for battles. Boo suddenly went into a memorizing movement and a wave of psychic energy connected dead on with X-Ray, Inducing sleep on him. Wyatt gave X-Ray a puzzled look. He had never seen this move before and honestly it caught him off guard. "You got me Wyatt," said Wyatt. What had happened was beyond his comprehension but regardless he still called out a command to X-Ray. "X-Ray submerge yourself in the water using dive" needless to say nothing happened. Wyatt grimaced and hoped whatever happened would soon be over with.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"I mean it's fairly obvious but maple trees would be its prefered habitat as it resembles the acorn. There it finds natural camoflouge. Were not even phased by that scream?" Isac said his ears still ringing.

He was definantly getting a feeling this class would be very very boring. When it came to pokemon hands on was better.

'So if we're explaining why pokemon live where we should be out in the field' Isaac thought.

Not to mention this guy seemed to think it was enjoyable. Why are teachers so crazy?

Back