• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2013
Hi everyone! I love this forum :)
Well, I'm kinda don't like my name so you can just call me jayr :)

Years
Hi everyone! I love this forum :)
Well, I'm kinda don't like my name so you can just call me jayr :)

Hi Jayr, and welcome to PC!

Why not tell us more about yourself so we can get to know more about you like interests, what parts of PC you want to visit etc. You'll definitely love PC cos we have more than just Pokemon-based topics and we have loads of members who are happy to help you anytime.

Have fun here, and if you ever need to chat just send me a visitor message!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
Hello fellow Trainers, name's Sonic. How's everyone?

Um, hello. I'm new here, and im not sure what to do here.

Hello there you two, welcome to PC!

Why not tell us more about yourselves? Cos that way you can get to know fellow members better, and also we may recommended places on PC to visit. Do you have any fave Pokemon, types, characters or games? Any parts of PC you want to check out? We have loads of topics you can check out, Pokemon or not. And are you guys looking forward to Pokemon X and Y? I am!

If you guys need a chat, feel free to ask me or a moderator and we'd be happy to help you out!

GalacticGlameow

Galactic Grunt!
Years
Ummm...Hello, PokeFans! I'm new here and I'm kind of unused to the internet because I do not have access to it at home. However, I hope I can make many friends on PokeCommunity!

My favorite Pokemon are Jirachi and Zangoose. My favorite game is Pokemon Yellow (I know it's old, but I love it XD) and my favorite Pokemon anime episode is the one where
Butterfree leaves Ash...aah, I forgot what it was called! I also love Pokemon manga because it's so funny. :> See you around!

Years
Ummm...Hello, PokeFans! I'm new here and I'm kind of unused to the internet because I do not have access to it at home. However, I hope I can make many friends on PokeCommunity!

My favorite Pokemon are Jirachi and Zangoose. My favorite game is Pokemon Yellow (I know it's old, but I love it XD) and my favorite Pokemon anime episode is the one where
Butterfree leaves Ash...aah, I forgot what it was called! I also love Pokemon manga because it's so funny. :> See you around!

Oh look another Australian... Hikari totally salutes ya!

Welcome to PC, GalacticGlameow! You should make an introduction thread so people can give you a proper welcome to PC, but this thread also sort-of serves that purpose, but it's also a little place where you can get to know older members too. I feel sorry about your internet trouble but at least you joined.

I love Jirachi, it's one of my fave Legendary Pokemon. And Pokemon Yellow is such a nostalgic game, I never played it but having Pikachu walk around with you is very fun and classic. As for that episode of the anime, it's called Bye Bye Butterfree and I remember crying when I saw that episode as well.

And given your avatar and profile pic being Violetchi and Mametchi respectively, I take it you like Tamagotchi as well? I used to have one of those things when I was little, but I always kept forgetting how to look after it lol. I do have a soft spot for cute things and Japanese culture as well.

You'll definitely make friends here, if you need a quick talk feel free to send a visitor message to me and I'll be sure to reply back. Enjoy your stay here and remember that moderators are there to help you if you get lost.

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
Hello again, everyone. Hectic week. I have so many things to do.

Going places, finishing Black 2, making a casually competetive Pokemon team, etc...
I wish I could be more active with the forums. So busy that I am currently typing this on my smartphone.

Enough about me. How is everybody doing?

Cid

Years
I'm doing great! Thanks for asking, Suskel. But yeah, I have finals to prepare for next week so I've been on quite a busy schedule for a while now. Life just won't stop giving us these heavy weeks, huh?

It's really a shame that we're all kind of being sucked life out of by this busy schedule, really. I feel you, bro. Look on the bright side, though! There's always gonna be a lighter week or two in the future. I'm sure you'll be able to be more active with the forums then. That's what I'm looking at for me, too. I swear, after finals, I'd try to post around a lot more than I have for the past few days.

I hope everyone else is doing alright! Welcome to the forums, Jayr, Sonic, Shikatsu and Amelia! Sonic is an awesome franchise to like in tandem with Pokémon, by the way! Just my opinion, haha. As for Jayr, Shikatsu and Amelia (nice intro, by the way), maybe you guys can share more! That includes you, too. Yes, you; the newbie reading this post right now, possibly contemplating on whether you'd like to post a reply to this thread or not. To that I say, "Go post!" Because why not? New Users' Hangout is fun. You don't have to post once either!

But yes, how has your week been? Are you enjoying PC so far?

Suskel

Absolute Zero
Years
I actually joined less than a week ago as well, actually.
I joined thinking I'd just be here to ask about my Pokemon team then never return, but tge people around here seem so awesome and nice that I didn't leave!

Anyways, anyone think I'm trying a little too hard on my first Black/White 2 playthrough?
My Pokemon are already level 65, and I haven't even attempted the Elite four who's Pokemon sit at around level 55.
I'm also so stocked up on supplies that I'd probably never run out if I restocked regularly. Regularly as in going to the buy more every 12 hours of gameplay-

(Shut up Suskel, you talk to much.)
Okai. ;'(

AXELXu7

Kusari Ninja
Years
I just joined today, probably looking for social connection, I'm Axel, and I don't get out much. I'm an introvert, and interested in ROM hacking, but either I'm an idiot, or Advance map is friggin' hard to use. I'm from Texas, and no, I don't wear a cowboy hat, or cowboy boots, we don't ride horses, least not here in the city. I'm the intellectual type, and I really think there should be a school for advance map. I went to college for photoshop, and it is a lot easier to use than Advance map and the like.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome everyone! I'd multi-quote you all but since it's april fools and stuff, I won't know who I'm quoting. So here's a massive HELLO to everyone who just joined and I hope you are having a wacky and awesome April Fools day! <3

You were all given a Pokemon name when you joined, lmao.

Years
I just joined today, probably looking for social connection, I'm Axel, and I don't get out much. I'm an introvert, and interested in ROM hacking, but either I'm an idiot, or Advance map is friggin' hard to use. I'm from Texas, and no, I don't wear a cowboy hat, or cowboy boots, we don't ride horses, least not here in the city. I'm the intellectual type, and I really think there should be a school for advance map. I went to college for photoshop, and it is a lot easier to use than Advance map and the like.

im new and lol am i the only person here not named after a pokemon?! lol

Hey guys! I'm kinda new here so it seems...

Welcome to all of you and I hope you had a funny April Fool's Day!

Yeah you may have seen yourselves as Pokemon when you joined but it was the prank pulled by the site. It was fun but I'm glad PC is back to normal again. You'll definitely love it here cos everyone is always happy to lend you a hand, like our helpful moderators and admins!

DarkHuggable and Whispeon, why not tell us more about yourselves so I can recommend a section you might be interested in? I understand if you're shy but we'd love to get to know you more and who knows, someone might have something in common with you!

As for you Axel, since you seem to be a ROM hacker you might love our Emulation section on PC, which has everything about hacks you need to know plus helpful tools and resources you can use when making your own hacks. Good luck with your project!

Have fun you guys, and I'm always open for a VM anytime if you need to talk!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 24, 2016
Hey there! Just joined a few days ago and it seems like now is as good a time as any to introduce myself. I recently discovered hacks like a few months ago and I was blown away by some of the talent I've seen from this site's members! I just started spriting a few days ago and I'm making it a goal of mine to eventually join a hacking group!

Years
Hey there! Just joined a few days ago and it seems like now is as good a time as any to introduce myself. I recently discovered hacks like a few months ago and I was blown away by some of the talent I've seen from this site's members! I just started spriting a few days ago and I'm making it a goal of mine to eventually join a hacking group!

Oh hi, welcome to PC Shallie!

If you want to find all the cool ROM hacks out there or find the resources to make your own, look no further than the ever-so-popular Emulation section which has a section where you can also join a hacking group (you do need to spend 3 months as an active member here which can be hard to accomplish). We also have the Pixel Art section where you can show off your spriting talents. We do have more sections you can check out outside of those two so definitely look around and see what you like.

Have a fun time here and feel free to ask a moderator if you need help!

Cid

Years
whoa I just saw this thread! hey everyone, im kind of new too! <3
Hi Yukiyo! I've seen you around NU/W! You're really welcoming when you reply to people's threads, so I'm glad to see you here. Maybe at this place we can get to know each other more!

I assume Vaporeon and Glaceon are you favorite Pokémon? Not digressing too far from the topic of favorites... What's your favorite section on PC so far? Anyone can answer this question too, by the way!

I actually joined less than a week ago as well, actually.
I joined thinking I'd just be here to ask about my Pokemon team then never return, but tge people around here seem so awesome and nice that I didn't leave!

Anyways, anyone think I'm trying a little too hard on my first Black/White 2 playthrough?
My Pokemon are already level 65, and I haven't even attempted the Elite four who's Pokemon sit at around level 55.
I'm also so stocked up on supplies that I'd probably never run out if I restocked regularly. Regularly as in going to the buy more every 12 hours of gameplay-

(Shut up Suskel, you talk to much.)
Okai. ;'(
D'aww you don't talk to much, haha. I talk way more than you! And that's coming from an introvert. XD;

I apologize for the late reply though, Suskel. I remember you posting here around a week or two ago so I'm just really glad that you've decided to stick around. We try to be the best that we can for you guys, so I'm happy you came back because of it. I hope you keep posting and boost up your activity some more!

As for your B2/W2 team, I definitely think you should try challenging the Elite Four now! There's always the hard mode if you ever wanted to grind, but I really think it's a lot more fun to be at par with your opponents in terms of levels, or perhaps if it can't be helped, be at the smallest level advantage that you can possibly be. Stocking up on supplies is perfectly fine, but levels shouldn't be too high that it becomes way too easy. It's meant to be one of the game's climaxes, after all! After the plot climax usually involving the legendary in the game's cover art, of course.

Speaking of which, I still think gameplay climaxes like challenging the Elite Four bear more weight than plot climaxes, because the Pokémon games have never been too plot heavy. Maybe X and Y changes that? I'm not really sure. But that's how I feel at the present.

Hi Shallie! I really like your username, and your nick, Allie, sounds cool too. I'm also glad that you've taken the initiative of being the best spriter there ever was and eventually joining a hacking team! I wish you luck on that, because I have a soft spot for members who start out in the Emulation scene like I did. Brings back a lot of fun memories. Man, it feels like a lifetime ago since I paid attention to Emulation. Nevertheless, the section is still as bustling as ever! Have fun here at PC, alright?
That Tangled avatar is adorable, by the way.

Oh and you can always make an intro thread. It seems you haven't yet; your very own intro thread is a great thing to have as a new user, I'd say. It made me feel more welcome when I was new, so I can really only hope that it has the same effect on you guys. See ya!
And follow Hikari's advice and links! Post a reply here if you get back too! The Hangout deserves more love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back