• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Suite Precure♪ Movie: Torimodose! Kokoro ga Tsunaku Kiseki no Melody♪

I love this movie. It's more like an extended episode than it is a standalone title, which makes it infinitely superior to the other Pretty Cure movies, which have never had any real connection with the series other than the characters. This one advances Suite's plot AND works as a self-contained film. Plus it's actually quite funny in places. xD

Years
Spoiler:

For me I would rank the Tolkein trilogy like this
Return of The King = Battle of The Five Armies
Fellowship of The Ring
The Two Towers = Desolation of Smaug
A Unexpected Journey

This has me pondering thou
Spoiler:

Also
Spoiler:

Am glad you rate Fellowship highly most people I talk to think its the worst lol.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Before Sunset (2004)
Pretty good movie with likely the best ending in the whole series. Haven't seen Before Midnight though.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
The Fault In Our Stars

I'm going to say it: I was watching it to compare it to the book. What a mistake. I'm generally happy with how it was done, but I was very disappointed in the ending.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
The Fault In Our Stars

I'm going to say it: I was watching it to compare it to the book. What a mistake. I'm generally happy with how it was done, but I was very disappointed in the ending.
I thought it was done quite well for the first half of the movie apart from the few missing scenes and changes.

I swear in the book Hazel goes to Augustus's house before going to Amsterdam not the other way around

The whole shopping mall scene with Kaitlyn was completely cut from the movie which I though was quite a good section of the book tbh

The whole scene with selling the swing was cut from the movie and in the book was quite a funny section and would of loved to see this in the movie

In the plane have no idea why (maybe company licensing) but the film was changed from 300 (Book) to Aliens (Film) not going to complain over such a little change but noticed it

The restauraunt in the book they eat outside by the canal whilst in the film they eat inside

The ending was a train wreck completely changed the end of the book

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I thought it was done quite well for the first half of the movie apart from the few missing scenes and changes.

I swear in the book Hazel goes to Augustus's house before going to Amsterdam not the other way around

The whole shopping mall scene with Kaitlyn was completely cut from the movie which I though was quite a good section of the book tbh

The whole scene with selling the swing was cut from the movie and in the book was quite a funny section and would of loved to see this in the movie

In the plane have no idea why (maybe company licensing) but the film was changed from 300 (Book) to Aliens (Film) not going to complain over such a little change but noticed it

The restauraunt in the book they eat outside by the canal whilst in the film they eat inside

The ending was a train wreck completely changed the end of the book

Exactly - I was also quite disappointed that they didn't have Gus' previous girlfriend mentioned in the movie, at all. I thought that was important.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
Years
The Dark Knight Rises.

So. Freaking. Good. I thought Bane was a great villain (and I for one thought his voice suited him perfectly).

That said, I think I'd still rate The Dark Knight slightly above it.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Under the Skin. What. this was such a bizarre film. it's basically Scarlett Johansson as an alien in human form that goes around seducing men and it doesn't end up well for them. amazing cinematography and a lot of long shots of landscapes and weird futuristic jarring all-white all-black stuff. it was just a very strange movie that was overall very interesting and I liked it. 7/10.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 24, 2019
Kill Bill Vol. 1

Pretty sure some of you have seen worse, but this is the bloodiest, goriest movie I've seen by far. Just amazing.

Sir Codin

Am glad you rate Fellowship highly most people I talk to think its the worst lol.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fellowship was awesome. So was the rest of Lord of the Rings.

The biggest problem with Jackson's Hobbit movies is that he's making the same mistake circa George Lucas and his god awful Star Wars prequels: over-reliance on CGI and green screen filming. The second biggest problem was all the unnecessary fluff and the padding that stretched things out for too long, in some vain attempt at tying the two trilogies together, resulting in a lot of problems, such as Azog even being around (completely absent from the book) and bringing in Legolas for no reason other than to make girl's panties wet (not to mention making him into a complete douchebag). I realize the decision to stretch it out for three films wasn't entirely Jackson's vault (more like New Line Cinema wanting more money), but even if he had kept only a little bit of the new fluff in (the Necromancer plot), the entire thing coudl've just been two really awesome 3-hour epics at most.

This is why I never even got the Extended Editions of the Hobbit movies because they're unnecessary: the movie's stretched out too much as it is.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The last movie I watched was The Hunger Games last week. My boyfriend hadn't seen it yet, so I introduced it to him. I would comment on it, but I think people can gather that I love this series, haha. Not sure what I could say that hasn't already been said about this movie.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I never thought the Hunger Games particularly worthy of my attention. I viewed it at the behest of one of my family and all the flaws in just the cinematography made me cringe. His last film (Gary Ross, Director) was Seabiscuit, which was a very splendid visual treat, but to come back nearly a decade later and hand me this? I was also somewhat offended by how much it reminded me of Battle Royale, and before you go nagging me for bandwagon jumping, I saw the film in the early 00's by renting it from Blockbuster, so you know it's been a long time before the Hunger Games. Maybe people love this for the teen romance. I can find of no other reason people love these types of novels/films. If it has gooey teens in it, it'll sell.

The last film I watched was: Out of the Clear Blue Sky. It was a very interesting piece that made me think back a ways and recall what the media was saying at the time. The film addresses the Cantor Fitzgerald trading group, or what's left of it anyways. They had nearly 800 employees, 658 of which went to work on 11-9-2001, and none of those survived. It was interesting to get the inside view of the film because the outside view is always obscured (see: Bill 'O Reilly).

I never thought the Hunger Games particularly worthy of my attention. I viewed it at the behest of one of my family and all the flaws in just the cinematography made me cringe. His last film (Gary Ross, Director) was Seabiscuit, which was a very splendid visual treat, but to come back nearly a decade later and hand me this? I was also somewhat offended by how much it reminded me of Battle Royale, and before you go nagging me for bandwagon jumping, I saw the film in the early 00's by renting it from Blockbuster, so you know it's been a long time before the Hunger Games. Maybe people love this for the teen romance. I can find of no other reason people love these types of novels/films. If it has gooey teens in it, it'll sell.

The last film I watched was: Out of the Clear Blue Sky. It was a very interesting piece that made me think back a ways and recall what the media was saying at the time. The film addresses the Cantor Fitzgerald trading group, or what's left of it anyways. They had nearly 800 employees, 658 of which went to work on 11-9-2001, and none of those survived. It was interesting to get the inside view of the film because the outside view is always obscured (see: Bill 'O Reilly).

Years
Elf

I'll be watching some Christmas movies to get into the holiday spirit, and this one stars Will Ferrell, who plays a man who was raised as an elf and then moves to search for his true identity. Great cast, very funny and always a great feelgood Christmas movie to watch.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Not sure if you have seen Catching Fire but it is a massive step up from the original, Hunger Games is NOT a romance story at all that completely takes a back seat in the trilogy. Catching Fire shows you the bigger picture its more than just Katniss & Peeta. If only more YA books series could be like THG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back